News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
tw1ster

Skin Modelling Customization Discussion!

tw1ster

Hello everyone. As many of you know, the SA:MP client will soon allow us to import custom models into the server. What this means is that we'll be able to have new skins for our player-base to use. I'm sure many of you are excited, so we would like to hear your opinion on the following:

• 1.) Which skin archetypes do you think are poorly represented in-game, currently?
  • 2.) Any particular custom skins that you would like to see or use in the future?

The information and discussion that comes from this thread is going to build our platform moving forward on what types of skins we implement. This thread was designed to get a discussion of skins you'd like to see and what you feel is misrepresented in GTA:SA. (EX: Black female skins, Latina female skins, etc.)

The skins we add will be "LQ" in the sense that they'll look like the stock skins in GTA:SA so it fits the theme of the game, we're aiming to add a diversity for our players to choose from. Please contribute! Let your voice be heard.

EDIT: The more specific, the better. You kind of get what you give in this scenario - e.g. "I'd like to see a skin of X ethnicity wearing Y clothes, much like skin Z" and so on.

• Like 3

Zapper

A few SFPD based skins would do just fine for the Police Department. Having skins that suit the game but also the department that we roleplay in is the primary aim. Furthermore, including a few diverse civilian skins would be great. There's only a few you can choose from that would suit a regular civilian.

• Like 2

apathy

I think there is an overall lacking in general civilian skins. Definitely more civilian based skins and more Asian skins. Asian skins don't really exist unless you want to appear that you're in some form of crime syndicate. Overall female skins need to be added as well, I'm sure we can all agree we're sick of seeing the same 4 female skins for every girl to date.

• Like 2

Akiba

I'm going to echo what I said before. GTA V has a plethora of skin ideas for people to use as a template for SA skins. The most common lack of diversity lies with the female models, of all races. I'd like to see another group of asian skins as well as a more diverse selection of hispanics. It's also important for the public services to be able to choose their race and gender without having to settle for another skin color.

• Like 1

ItsOscarr

I would love to see skins for Official Factions such as the San Fierro Police Department and the Fire Department, I feel that this would reinforce the feeling of environment, considering the original skins do not follow the corporate identity of the faction or In Character Department. Maybe additional civillian skins for all ethnicites, for example most African-American skins appear gang related, whereas it would be very nice to see more civillian skins across all ethnicities. In addition to this, maybe there could be a monthly poll where players vote for one skin to be added every month, maybe faction-specific skins or just general skins.

Zenophobia

I'd like skins that look like white gang members.  There really aren't any skins included with SAMP.

The only skins that look like gang members are black and Hispanic.  White gang roleplayers on other

servers like LSRP where the style of dress is influenced by eses can use Hispanic skins and not worry

about breaking immersion too much.  Here, though, the style that Peckerwoods rock in Nor Cal is

significantly different than their So Cal counterparts.

For example, a So Cal wood might wear a flannel shirt buttoned all the way up, khaki Dickies and

a pair of Chuck Taylors.  Obviously influenced by eses.  Here in Nor Cal, you'd be more likely to

find peckerwoods rocking oversized t-shirts, jeans, and basketball shoes like Nike Air Max.

If you want examples from skins that have been made for specific characters in the past,

a wood from So Cal might dress like this:

ripper_outside.jpg

And a wood from Nor Cal might dress like this:

9c74c54f91171a132ddaf1af87945b4e.png

I'm not gonna worry about touching on tattoos, but I think some skins that look similar to the

wood from Nor Cal would be nice.  It would give people roleplaying with factions like FAIM

more options to choose from and, in my opinion, would help keep everyone immersed.

EDIT:
Skins like the one in the second image are fairly ambiguous as well.  Regular civilians can

use them without having to worry about looking like a gang banger.

Edited by Zenophobia

lordt

more neutral skins that dont really have a specific ethnicity attached to it.

Conspiracy

Please be as specific as possible when giving input. If any of you have unique skin concepts that you'd like to see realized then don't hesitate to let the modding community know through this topic.

Edited by Conspiracy

Bryar

I would love to see some more hispanic civilians, specifically one in a suit to use for more political/governmental positions.  My faceclaim is the LA fire chief, I'd love to see a skin resemble him both for on duty and off duty, as well as dress blues.

Terrazas.jpg

Edited by Bryar
  • Like 1

The Stick-Up Man

I would love to see skins like these three. They look amazing and give a nice gangbanger vibe.

.1.png.7fcffab9e813fc6599286e2c238b5338.png

2.png.85c45ea08a65c3ec6b2d12c81b2df28c.png

3.png.494983b637b819699f8e56ce9ad969f8.png

• Like 1

Darius94

Was thinking about unique skins for premium users ? Maybe 2 skins and ofc, their personal skins should fall under the lq rules. It would defintely bring something amazingly new. 

crimeson

I would love to have a detective skin with a shirt, with a strap on holster on, with claude face maybe? 

Manuel_Lugo

More hispanic skins, not gang ones.

Slim
3 hours ago, Darius94 said:

Was thinking about unique skins for premium users ? Maybe 2 skins and ofc, their personal skins should fall under the lq rules. It would defintely bring something amazingly new. 

No point doing that if you can easily have a personalized mod within your game (custom skins), but I am curious to see what the changes are going to be on the law enforcement side.

Edited by David

Neo

There are enough gang skins as is, just give them plain clothes so that people can buy accessories like hats,bandannas and attach them. I would like to see some better female skins and like multiple members have mentioned above skins that fit the environment such as SFPD/SFFD skins.