News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Captain

Bullet casings and blood.

Captain

I saw this in a server a long time ago, don't quite remember which but I think it was SF based as well.

Every bullet fired left a casing textdraw on the floor, and every injury sustained left a red blood textdraw on the floor.

These could, by using a command, be investigated. For example, how long the blood has been lying and if I recall correctly, law enforcement factions could check who the blood belonged to.

Imaginary

no, this causes alot of fps lag due to the text.

Captain
Just now, indomitables said:

no, this causes alot of fps lag due to the text.

Hardly. Textdraws don't create a lot of lag, and there would be a range to their visibility.

A collection of bullets in one vicinity can be grouped together into one textdraw for example: [Desert Eagle Casings - 6].

Edited by Captain

Imaginary

pr had this, dropped fps from 90 to 40?

Imaginary

oh and this is what he means.

19317437d8079eb68716e1f410198061.jpg

Captain
Just now, indomitables said:

[...]

All those shell casings grouped together could be merged into one textdraw.

Evil Pimp

I like this script. The only bad thing I can think of was way back when on PR. People used to do hits or drive-bys, kill the people, and then go back and pick up the casings. It was kinda stupid but if people can resist the urge of doing dumb shit I'm all for it. 

Captain
10 minutes ago, Evil Pimp said:

I like this script. The only bad thing I can think of was way back when on PR. People used to do hits or drive-bys, kill the people, and then go back and pick up the casings. It was kinda stupid but if people can resist the urge of doing dumb shit I'm all for it. 

Well, if they didn't break the rules, then I guess that works perfectly IC'ly. The police can charge them with tampering with evidence.

Evil Pimp

Yeah but if nobody gets caught picking up the shells it kinda defeats the purpose of the script, don't you think? And if nobody ever gets caught picking up the shells then everyone will just pick them up. 

mikethemike

Cool script though it'd definitely cause lag in situations which'd cause a good few text draws - Maybe there'd be a way to optimize it & add +1 for every shell that's dropped - alternatively there could be a command to toggle the 'simple' and 'complex' version of the draws.

• Like 1

Captain
Just now, mikethemike said:

Cool script though it'd definitely cause lag in situations which'd cause a good few text draws - Maybe there'd be a way to optimize it & add +1 for every shell that's dropped - alternatively there could be a command to toggle the 'simple' and 'complex' version of the draws.

That's a good idea with the simple and complex /toggle.

Survivalmaster

If it didn't cause lag I'd be up for this, gives PD something to look for or even into when investigating a crime scene!

Survivalmaster
Just now, cBull said:

It really doesn't lag, trust me.

Then my dude I am all for this, +Support all the way!

Survivalmaster
1 minute ago, cBull said:

I got a shitty PC. I mean windows vista shitty and its runs fine on mine. The server that had that script in that screenshot (PR-RP) has released its script, I think.

Assuming this is accepted, would be nice to see IG ngl.

josef

Seems rather plausible. I like the concept but I’m skeptical about how this may pan out in the long run.