• ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Templar

[SKINS] GTA SA Beta Skins

Templar

Link to download: Set 1: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=25755

Set 2: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=15245

Type: GTA SA Beta Skins

Screenshots:Set one in order: Stew, Suit2, Texans, Ralph Pendelberry, Drug1, TriadBoss, Triad3, RanFaLiBDup, slut, burger shot uniform OGLoc, Kendl Johnson, Jose, Jimmy, Dope, Bogman, Blue 2 and Bettina

thumb_61269.jpgthumb_61268.jpgthumb_61267.jpgthumb_61265.jpgthumb_60609.jpgthumb_60608.jpgthumb_60606.jpgthumb_60181.jpgthumb_60239.jpgthumb_60233.jpgthumb_60221.jpgthumb_60216.jpgthumb_60212.jpgthumb_60190.jpgthumb_60189.jpgthumb_60182.jpg

Set 2:

image_37139.jpg

Reason to be server-side mod (min 30 words): These are beta skins that never made it into the game. They're low-poly, rockstar made and they look decent so why not add them to the server? And since its a BETA GTA SA modpack, it won't require no permissions. Please see: Fam1, Brown Coat Woman, Pulaski, Bike Officer, Sweet and Cesar from Set 2 shouldn't be added since they already exist and it'll be illogical to have such a mere re-texture of them.

Proof of Permission(From the mod author) : None needed.

Edited by Templar
  • Like 3

Saint

I would actually LOVE to have these added. These fit the GTA atmosphere perfectly because they were designed for San Andreas originally. They are pretty nice and add a wider variety to choose from.

• Like 1

Sxvxge

Come on why no one wants to add caucasian with dreads  that will be dope :( 

• Like 2

Lockhart

I love these. I'm all for having them added and I think they'll fit the style alongside the original skins, particularly considering they're made by R*

Templar
2 hours ago, Sxvxge said:

Come on why no one wants to add caucasian with dreads  that will be dope :( 

We're looking at the bigger picture here first. Caucasians with dreads would be the last type of skins I'd think of.

Sxvxge
48 minutes ago, Templar said:

We're looking at the bigger picture here first. Caucasians with dreads would be the last type of skins I'd think of.

If you want to role-play skater or caucasian gang banger you really need dreads. It's nice for roleplaying.

• Haha 1

Lei

There's so much variety in this pack, I think it would be silly not to add them. Plus you can't get more authentic San Andreas skins like R* created ones. Would really love to see these added, great suggestion.

Vincent_Cafano

Apart from OGLoc's uniformed skin I don't see why they shouldn't be added. 

Conspiracy

Hello, the BA-RP modding team is currently reviewing all of those skins.

Once we check them out personally and make sure they're bug-free, some of them might actually get imported in--game. We'll keep you lot updated.

• Thanks 1

Conspiracy

Hey there. After reviewing all of the skins one by one with fellow staff members and then checking the suitable ones in-game, it was deducted that most of them are just not good enough. Half of them had texture bugs (e.g. cutscene ones were extremely bright, others had poor UVW mapping), the other had problems with their rigging and bone work, it was all just one big mess. To top it all off, a lot of the models on these skins were just not good enough for the game - they were literally like two-colored stick figures. 

Luckily, five of the skins seemed to fit our criteria - they looked good, had no bugs and so on. Mind you though that nothing is set in stone, so everything can change. The Management hasn't given it's OK on this yet, we're simply forwarding these skins to them right now for approval.

I don't have pictures (that are good enough) of the skins we picked, so I won't post any. I've also lost their original names since we renamed them. Uhm, what I can say for sure though is that they're of the mafia/civilian variety. Once the server opens up you'll be able to check them out on your own.

• Thanks 1