News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Bryar

Faction Vehicle Locks and /park

Bryar

I think it'd be nice if we didn't restrict players from stealing faction vehicles.  I think a fair compromise would be that if they get out and leave it unlocked, it's their fault that it was stolen, but if it is locked then it can not be lockpicked..  I also think anyone should be able to /park a car they're driving.  It makes for a more realistic server and gives law enforcement more roleplay having to find stolen vehicles.  Imagine the possibilities of chop shops and dirty used car dealers changing plates and selling off stolen cars.  

Edited by Bryar
  • Thanks 1

Evil Pimp

I always thought that official faction locks were really dumb and OOC. I don’t know what you mean by  “but if it is locked then it can not be lockpicked.”

Cars don’t have to be lockpicked to be stolen. You can smash the window of a locked door and get in just as easy. 

Bryar
13 hours ago, Evil Pimp said:

Cars don’t have to be lockpicked to be stolen. You can smash the window of a locked door and get in just as easy. 

Absolutely, I just think the OOC restrictions make for a bad environment.  If they're willing to let us steal them off the street like any other car, I'm all for it too.

Evil Pimp

I'm not sure if people would like having to buy a new car every time one is stolen from them. On the other hand, I RP around car theft a lot and one of my pet peeves is the upset person who instantly /v tow's their car and doesn't even let you RP breaking the car down, let alone drive it around and commit other crimes throughout the day. Maybe there should be a timer on how long before people can tow their cars. 

Pitchounette

When we get to the depth of the faction scripting, I'll make sure to bring up the subject.

lordt

The only problem is that if a cop forgets to /lock, which will happen and a troll/intentional ruler breaker gets ahold of it, it might lead to a lot of trolling and disrupting the environment.

Edited by lordt

Pitchounette

I would assume that this is not counting a player-restricted vehicles such as cruisers, firetrucks, ambulances, and those types.

TeodoraMk

I don't agree. It would be better if faction vehicles such as police cruisers can't be stolen because as much as I like realism, we should also have some basic rules which would restrict certain things because otherwise unrealistic things can happen, as not everyone is an experienced roleplayer like you or me. 

Especially a big no for the suggestion to be able to  /park others' vehicles. Once it's despawned, the police officers can not find it at all on the map, so.. it's unfair to go and buy a new car every time it gets stolen. It's GTA after  all. 

• Like 1

Evil Pimp

Nobody wants to steal police cars.

Bryar

Who's going to steal a police cruiser, honestly?  They have trackers and so forth anyway.  I still think it should be possible, because honestly being tp'd out of the car once you get in gets really annoying.

Guest kane

Very old suggestion and is obsolete. 

Sign in to follow this