News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
SCANDALOUZ

[STREETOUTLAWS]

SCANDALOUZ

T7kwl46.png

It's the weekend and the sun has settled down in the outskirts of San Fierro. Sitting behind the wheel of sport cars with engines revving are two young men staring each other down. Their feet poised over the gas pedals, they anxiously await the thumbs up. When given, the car is dropped into gear, the pedal is slammed to the floor and the two cars are quickly off, screeching their tires and sending up clouds of dust.

Sounds like a plot from a summer blockbuster movie. It is, and it isn’t.

29NCPDk.png

Hx2c923.png Adrenaline, Babes, Competition, Drama, Speed, Tension, Thrill, Wagers & MORE!

3dG0ctp.png RICERS

Street racing is an unsanctioned and illegal form of motor racing that occurs on a public road. (...) Though typically taking place in uncrowded highways on city outskirts or in the countryside, some races were held in industrial complexes. Street racing can either be spontaneous or well planned and coordinated. Well-coordinated races are planned in advance and often have people communicating via 2-way radio/citizens' band radio and using police scanners and GPS units to mark locations of local police hot spots. Opponents of street racing cite a lack of safety relative to sanctioned racing events, as well as legal repercussions arising from incidents, among street racing's drawbacks. The term street racing must not be confused with the legal and governed sport of drag racing.

(...)
There are various motivations for street racing, but typically cited reasons include:

• Generally, street racing is not sanctioned and thus leads to a less rigorously controlled environment than sanctioned racing, to the enjoyment of some participants.
  • Street racing is cited as an activity which is available to people who are otherwise under-age for entertainment at traditional venues such as bars.
  • A community generally springs up around the street racing "scene", providing social interaction among the participants and cliques therein.
  • The opportunity to show off one's vehicle
  • The simple and uncomplicated excitement of racing without the entry fees, rules, and politics typical of the sport.
  • The excitement of racing when law enforcement is certain to give chase.
  • A lack of proper, sanctioned racing venues in the locale.
  • Street races are sometimes wagered on, either by the participants or observers.
  • To settle a bet, dispute, etc. between fellow racers (ex. one believes that they are the better racer, both racers are vying for the same woman's affections, etc.).

DANGERS:
The Kent, Washington police department lists the following consequences of street racing:

• Traffic collisions, including fatalities
  • Trespassing on private property
  • Auto theft rates, carjackings

Because vehicles used in street racing competitions generally lack professional racing safety equipment such as roll cages and racing fuel cell and drivers seldom wear fire suits and are not usually trained in high-performance driving, injuries and fatalities are common results from accidents. Furthermore, illegal street racers may put ordinary drivers at risk because they race on public roads rather than closed-course, purpose-built facilities.

Because racing occurs in areas where it is not sanctioned, property damage (Torn up yards, signs and posts being knocked down from accidents) and damage to the fences/gates closing an area off (in the case of industrial parks, etc.) can occur. As the street racing culture places a very high social value on a fast vehicle, people who might not otherwise be able to afford blazingly fast but very expensive vehicles may attempt to steal them, violently or otherwise. Additionally, street racers tend to form teams which participate in racing together, the implication above is that these teams may be a form of organized crime or gang activity.

- Wikipedia

29NCPDk.png

• Interview with a street racer (or F.A.Q.)
Spoiler

oTkZ737.png

Q: What really, is street racing?
A: It's one third of a hobby, one third of a sport and one third a social environment. You see -- First off, a lot of people can misunderstand that street racing is something you do for a living, or at all times. People watch too many movies these days. Anyway, it isn't like that, that's kind of impossible. I mean you sure can earn good money from it, but these are nothing when you consider how much you spend on your car, while you also have to pay the bills and eat. We are all just regular dudes (and girls), working regular jobs and living somewhat regular lives. It's just that we like to come out in the free evenings and have some fun, yet our fun is a bit different from the stereotypes. Some people go to clubs, bars, do drugs and things like that, whatever rows their boats. We race. As far as the sport part goes: That should be self expeditionary. It is competitive, there are winners and losers and all of that, it is a sport. A social environment? Yeah, it's the kind of a social environment that a cool kid in high school would like to be in. Fast cars, pretty girls taking off their bras to start races and all that fuss. You go around tuning garages and the likes, you will often meet with the same people, too.

Q: How competitive can it be?
A: It really depends on the people involved. It can be all friendly and for the fun sake of it, but it also has the potential to be extremely competitive. There's often either money, ego, girl or all three involved in a street race. Most dudes are looking to be at the top of their game during race nights. You see, you can be my best friend, girlfriend, mother or generally somebody that I really care about, but once we get on the race track... You become nothing more but a "victim" and I am looking to "destroy" you. Only one can finish first. I've seen dudes pink-slip, I've seen potential brawls being solved on the track instead, hell - I even seen girls pick boyfriends over that stuff.

Q: What kind of cars do you mostly race with?
A: That is the beauty of street racing. There are no specific guidelines or rules. You can drive whatever the hell you want. You can show up on a God damn skateboard if you have someone willing to race against it. That being said, there is an established "trend" that we hang on to these days. Tuners and muscles. Sport cars, and I mean sport cars. Not exotics. Street racers around SF often frown at exotics. Sure, you may find someone to race you if you show up in Lambo or something like that, but if things are more organized, and there is like a tournament going on for example: Your exotic won't be allowed in it as we will indeed stick to the tuners and muscles stuff for the sake of close performance gaps and therefore encouraging a more competitive environment. Besides, exotics belong on a race track and not on the street. Half of our routes an exotic car (so low) will be literally unable to handle.

Q: What about bikes?
A: Bikes are welcome. If you want to show up to the races with a bike, be my guest. We have people like that, doing wheelies and all kind of stunts at the starting line up during race nights. When it comes to racing however, we mostly sticks to cars. On rare scenarios you could see a bike v. car race, but like I said - that is very rare. There are bike races every now and then, but nearly not as much as car ones. In short, bikes are welcome, but we mostly stick to four wheels.

Q: Are you guys getting crowds, or do you often keep to yourselves?
A: Both, and we are fine with both too, although it kind of feels more special if we get crowds. Like I said earlier, street racing is also a social environment. A social environment that you do not even have to be a racer to be in. There are just fans to the sport, people that generally love pretty cars, casual spectators and even dudes that come to bet on the races among-st each other. In a good night, you can find all kinds of people around the track. It's a cool place to have fun and socialize at if you're into that kind of stuff.

Q: Thoughts on the police? Street racing is illegal after all.
A: The police are just doing their job. I mean sure, there are some sadistic folk that get to work with a huge stick up their (expletive)... and are generally looking to ruin someone's day. Most of the cops are just doing their job though, trying to get by, survive the day, save a life. You see, I have a problem with some people around San Fierro that dare to call themselves "street racers". They bring shame to the game. The kind of people that will get pulled over for speeding, failure to yield or something like that. Do they pull over? Take a ticket at worst? Probably get away with a verbal? Nah, these stupid people are going to evade the police and either end up dead and, or killing someone in an MVA somewhere in the city and down the road, or ultimately behind bars for a felony after it's all said and done. Evading is stupid in scenarios like that, you evade if you plan on never coming back, because no mather how good you are, and even if you manage to elude the police for weeks, you will still get busted in the end. And for what? To avoid a speeding ticket? I just want to say that we, "proper" street racers, or so we believe, do not allow these kind of people around. They are too much unnecessary trouble. I even had cops spectate a couple of races of my own.

Q: You do realize that street racing can be extremely dangerous, right?
A: Obviously, and it is. This is why we mostly keep to ourselves. Unlike the "Fast and Furious" - you won't really see an organized street race in the middle of the city and around traffic. That's just stupid. If you want to risk your life because of speed and adrenaline, at least try to make it in a way that nobody else will have to pay for your stupidity. When we race, we go somewhere quiet and out of town, somewhere we wouldn't be that much of a danger to society and hence to nobody else but ourselves. Most racers will also never take passengers as well and for the very same reason. If you're stupid and pay for it, that's fine I guess. Just don't have anyone else get hurt because of it too. I won't lie to you though, there is stuff going on at the city at times. That is the more dangerous, yet thrilling part of street racing, the unorganized one. You see people revving it at traffic lights, people tailing each other around the hood and all that kind of stuff. In the end of the day, you should leave racing to street racers. We may be considered amateurs compared to legal, santcioned and professional racing, but most of us actually know our cars and what we are doing. I wouldn't ever advise someone to try to emulate this, so stick to GTA or Need For Speed kids.

Got a question for the street racer? Ask (post a reply in this thread starting with a Q: plus your question afterwards) and you shall be answered!

29NCPDk.png

This is an attempt to create something realistic, interesting and thrilling, yet in the same time not too time demanding. If you have any questions, problems or concerns, do not hesitate to contact me in any way possible. Both feedback and constructive criticism are appreciated and welcome with open arms. Credits for the images belong to their respective owners.

Please do not post in-game content here before asking me for a permission to do so.

xttC2jw.png

Edited by SCANDALOUZ
all rights reserved
  • Like 4

SCANDALOUZ

5jokvWV.pngWe have our very own discord server!
Consider yourselves invited; Here:
https://discord.gg/knSbaa5

Edited by SCANDALOUZ
all rights reserved

SCANDALOUZ

Highlights

Edited by SCANDALOUZ
all rights reserved

Silent Gabagool

Capable hands. Take this shit far man. 

• Thanks 1

hashtagelectro

Joining just to beat his ass with a sultan and prove who's the best out there.

jk about the joining just to beat ur ass, but i dont lie when i saw i will

Edited by hashtagelectro
  • Haha 1

glockextendo

gl my meng, make papa proud 

• Thanks 1

Public Interest

SF is such a good place for a faction like this, take it far.

• Thanks 1

phencyclidine father

these never go far, though it’s in great hands!!! take it far!!!!

• Like 1

Kowalski

I think I've seen this name before. I'm having a

Nonethless, I hope you take it far, man. With or without the Shelby.

Edited by Kowalski
Correction of the spoiler.
  • Like 1

The Stick-Up Man

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

best kept secret

vin diesel fans on point

• Haha 1

SCANDALOUZ

Thank ya'll. Thread has been finalized. Check out the second post for a link to our discord server!

Ghetto Hitler
5 hours ago, Ralph_Biasi said:

SF is such a good place for a faction like this, take it far.

I was just thinking that lots of great places to whip around take it far

• Like 1

The Don

Good luck

• Thanks 1

Sonny

Good luck!

• Thanks 1