News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
robis

Nametags, names above your head

robis

In my opinion, the default ones look better, you can see health with the default ones, so you know when to stop beating up a person to avoid killing it, or how to react to a person if you see that he has low health. There are some other things that make the default ones better, but to sum it all up, I think you should change it back to default. 

lordt

I personally don't mind because it does prevent wallhackers which do cause a lot of harm in their own way. People on low HP can always put their injuries in an /ame or so forth. Furthermore, during a fight there should be a phase where the player is downed but a cmd such as /helpup can be used. Different to a downed phase after being shot.

Edited by lordt
  • Like 1

Bryar

I agree with lordt, if killed via melee it'd be nice to have /helpup.  But I think nametags need to stay how they are, not samp default.

CreatorZ

Keep the new nametags, screw the nametaggers.

Manuel_Lugo

Yup, I agree with Bryar and lordt. It is better for realism, it tackles down the nametag hackers and you don't see the name of those who drive around you, more realism when doing drive-by's, attacks and so on. 

Templar

No keep them how they are.

Reed

Bryar and lordt are right, if the nametags are staying this way there should be a command like that. Also if you're out in a drive-by you won't immediately recognize the person, with the old-school nametags you can see the name very clearly and you'll know who's your target, this way it will make you go slower and make sure that's the person you're going for. Other then that I think it's better this way as it also prevents people who use nametag hacks.

Nemo

I think this version is better than the original one.

DeadlyMuffin

Basically, just change them back to the old-school nametags, imagine sitting in a car 4 deep with AKs and trying to figure out if the person you have in front of you is the correct target or not.

Erty

Well, personally I don't care if there is healthbar or not. But, about the question how to know if player has low health, I had such idea: if a player who is being hit by other player, the other player should get immediate notify that the player they're hitting is getting too low on health. This should be default, if there is fist-fight and/or melee fight. Gun fights won't probably matter much anyways. 

smallz

It's better if we use the nametags only but to be honest, it doesn't really matter that much.

Imaginary

or just have it so if a guy reaches like 5 health he falls to the ground and his health freezes, in which he has to rp'ly get back up and do a command.

Reed

Using this type of nametags also benefits situations with kevlars, PD used to metagame a lot when they saw that white bar above your HP, lead to many shootouts.

Evil Pimp

I like the one's I saw in the beta.

josef
49 minutes ago, Reed said:

Using this type of nametags also benefits situations with kevlars, PD used to metagame a lot when they saw that white bar above your HP, lead to many shootouts.

How does knowing whether someone has kevlar or not have an influence on how a police officer roleplays with you?

I do like our current system when it comes to hiding the health bar. Keep it as it is!