News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Tracksuit

Where it went wrong

Tracksuit

You had 400 players on the very first day, all washed up and banned lsrpers checking out the server to see whats up. It took MONTHS to finally open and SUPER prematurely, there was millions of untested bugs, NO truckerjob or any job for civilians to do, WAY too much emphasis and effort put in for PD/Official factions who were going to be part of the dedicated player base anyway and none given to the MAJORITY of the server (the civilians) who all had nothing to do and left. First impressions are important you blew it. Not even the fucking DMV worked properly. 

And to top it off, cops were arresting players for 5 hours + in the first few days, admins banning people left and right like it was fucking LSRP, 4-5 2000 word answers on the shitty application to join the server, which was removed FAR too late. To this day, the PD Is actually CLOSING recruitment and denying people from reinstating when the server desperately needs players, let alone PD. Shitty management, poor judgement and immature staff and they all blame kane (LOL). Cya

(probably gonna get banned cause Rehasher can't take constructive criticism)

• Thanks 2

Bluman
5 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

You had 400 players on the very first day, all washed up and banned lsrpers checking out the server to see whats up. It took MONTHS to finally open and SUPER prematurely, there was millions of untested bugs, NO truckerjob or any job for civilians to do, WAY too much emphasis and effort put in for PD/Official factions who were going to be part of the dedicated player base anyway and none given to the MAJORITY of the server (the civilians) who all had nothing to do and left. First impressions are important you blew it. Not even the fucking DMV worked properly. 

And to top it off, cops were arresting players for 5 hours + in the first few days, admins banning people left and right like it was fucking LSRP, 4-5 2000 word answers on the shitty application to join the server, which was removed FAR too late. To this day, the PD Is actually CLOSING recruitment and denying people from reinstating when the server desperately needs players, let alone PD. Shitty management, poor judgement and immature staff and they all blame kane (LOL). Cya

Who says you'll get banned? We're all for constructive criticism but there's one thing you're missing with that, constructive criticism is when you state problems and suggest ways around it. From what I can see it's just criticism, no constructive about it.

But just because you've said what's on your mind doesn't mean you're going to be banned, unless you're expecting it which I hope not.

Danny
Posted (edited)

You're just repeating what everyone here already knows. 

The truth is that there is NO plan of action, if it was Rehasher would have summed up that whole thread instead of filling it up with 4 lines just to describe how a job already is and what we all already know and maybe what he'll do to improve it.

If there was a plan of action he would list every change that he will make short and clear, instead of writing a book about it, but that just his tactic since he can't list the changes that will come as i mentioned, if he had done that it would look really lame or the expectations would be much higher and he tries to avoid that.

Edited by Danny

Bluman
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Danny said:

You're just repeating what everyone here already knows. 

The truth is that there is NO plan of action, if it was Rehasher would have summed up that whole thread instead of filling it up with 4 lines just to describe how a job already is and what we all already know and maybe what he'll do to improve it.

If there was a plan of action he would list every change that he will make short and clear, instead of writing a book about it, but that just his tactic since he can't list the changes that will come as i mentioned, if he had done that it would look really lame or the expectations would be much higher and he tries to avoid that.

If you've ever even touched code you'd know how hard that is. It isn't a case of 'oh I'll fix this, that and it's fine'. No, it's nothing like that. You fix something then realise something else is fucked. Before you know it you've derailed completely just because one thing broke another and broke another, then you have to back track all the way. Coding will always be a stressful task and there will always be something else wrong. If you understood you wouldn't be making the statement you just have, but please go on.

Edited by Bluman

Danny
1 minute ago, Bluman said:

If you've ever even touched code you'd know how hard that is. It isn't a case of 'oh I'll fix this, that and it's fine'. No, it's nothing like that. You fix something then realise something else is fucked. Coding will always be a stressful task and there will always be something else wrong. If you understood you wouldn't be making the statement you just have, but please go on.

Ah.. the classic 'im an admin i gotta show that everyone who disagrees with me doesn't know what they're talking about'.

I wasn't even talking about coding, i don't know how good of a coder rehasher is, but i don't think it's that hard on a decade old game but i might be wrong.

Read my comment again if you have to.

-Nothing went wrong, nothing was good to begin with.

-We were promised a script with unique features and jobs, they hyped us up for nothing (not even two working jobs, most of the script was plagiarized from LSRP not to mention Kane had already released a version of it in 2017 but nobody knew). Literally the only unique feature was the taxi gps system, everything else was dumb ideas like invisible health bar.

-Next the server was closed pretty quick because it was literally unplayable due to the lack of features and massive number of bugs, even tho it already had two beta tests with many people in them, i don't know what they did during that time or why they thought it was a good idea to release it.

-Next thing you know 70% of the active players already left and ever since that 30% has been dying slowly, and now it's completely dead and it's been this way for a few weeks.

Danny
Posted (edited)

Honestly had the PD showed any competence at all and kept and recruited a good number of active officers and kicked all those inactive ones it would have kept everyone especially gangs active and busy and people would have been more motivated to stay and the server would have survived even today just from that. But no ways what so ever to keep players entertained was taken.

Edited by Danny

Bluman
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Danny said:

Ah.. the classic 'im an admin i gotta show that everyone who disagrees with me doesn't know what they're talking about'.

I wasn't even talking about coding, i don't know how good of a coder rehasher is, but i don't think it's that hard on a decade old game but i might be wrong.

Read my comment again if you have to.

-Nothing went wrong, nothing was good to begin with.

-We were promised a script with unique features and jobs, they hyped us up for nothing (not even two working jobs, most of the script was plagiarized from LSRP not to mention Kane had already released a version of it in 2017 but nobody knew). Literally the only unique feature was the taxi gps system, everything else was dumb ideas like invisible health bar.

-Next the server was closed pretty quick because it was literally unplayable due to the lack of features and massive number of bugs, even tho it already had two beta tests with many people in them, i don't know what they did during that time or why they thought it was a good idea to release it.

-Next thing you know 70% of the active players already left and ever since that 30% has been dying slowly, and now it's completely dead and it's been this way for a few weeks.

That's not the case at all, from what you posted made it look like you were talking about the script. It's nothing to do with me 'showing you don't know what you're on about', infact I don't even know what that means. It's a decade old game but code doesn't get easier over time, you just get more experienced at it. For the other ones, I don't even disagree but what can you do now? Our developers have separate lives and it's unfair to make them dedicate 100% of their time to a script. We're doing as much as we can in the time we're each allocated.

Edited by Bluman

St1ll3r__

Releasing too early + Failing to deliver in 1.0 is what went wrong.

All the other questionable decisions were just extra reasons for some to leave.

• Like 1

MONEY_MAKING_SCHEME

Coding is easy I never had an issue with bugs appearing when I fixed a bug. Know why? Because I plan my work and that way even if that issue happens I know what's wrong after a few minutes of thinking. 

Kane is shit. Management decisions are shit. The players who joined at the beginning were shit and toxic. The administrators are mostly shit. 

• Like 1

Vegetation

hey kids there's no future here, why bother? 

all notable members left or gave up

retired admins are shit posting and having a gag at it

admins are delusional 

players are rage happy

the weather outside is snappy!🌼

• Like 4

Dignity
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, SOONAREAROLEPLAY said:

Kane is shit. Management decisions are shit. The players who joined at the beginning were shit and toxic. The administrators are mostly shit. 

What a shitty post

Edited by Dignity

Volk420

Faggots youtubers who ruining RP, doing shit, they still doing shit in LSRP, they ruining the servers and ruined this one. Faggots with hacks. And retards who`s watching his channel you supporting the guy who ruined the server and ruining other ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Snob
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Tracksuit said:

You are now acting like the server can't take constructive criticism, you have to check other threads and see how many thread was made saying the same thing you've said in this post talking about PD inactivity and general server's problems, did they get banned? No they've never, so you don't have to say this here in BARP forums to server management, probably say it in somewhere and to someone else who doesn't really take constructive criticism. I'm not going to reply or agree with whatever else you said.

Edited by Snob
  • Like 1

Gelato

how many more of these threads need to be made before yall realise the server is ass and has no chance of getting an active playerbase at this point

• Like 3

Vegetation
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Gelato said:

how many more of these threads need to be made before yall realise the server is ass and has no chance of getting an active playerbase at this point

we dont need an active server, we got nice flashy forums and 100 visitors everyday!!!! this must mean something!!!

Edited by Vegetation