Sign in to follow this  
GreatNate

Earthquake.

Do you support this event?   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this?

GreatNate
Posted (edited)

I was thinking about having a massive earthquake devastate the city of San Fierro. We could have collapsed buildings, destroyed roads, flooding etc.. I think it would provide a great roleplay experience for the fire department as well as other characters who could possibly be forced from their homes to flee as the city collapses around them. After the devastation has occurred there would be a great opportunity for riots as the police attempted to hold back the waves on criminals looting whatever is left of the city. This would also be a great opportunity for people to put some serious thought and development into their characters as they made decisions under stressful circumstances. Would your average law abiding citizen be willing to steal or even kill others around him in order to insure his own survival? or will he/she step up and help the wounded and homeless all around? LSRP had an event like this back in 2014 and it went over pretty well. I think this would bring a lot of attention to the server and bring on more players for the event. Players that may create interesting characters and make connections with others on the server which leads to them staying instead of leaving right after the event ends. Now I know that there will be those attempting to death-match and rule break and justify it due to the event, but I think with enough admins online these problems should not happen. LSRP has not done anything like this recently and I think it may be a fun experience if done correctly.

Edited by GreatNate

crimeson
Posted (edited)

the only earthquake you are gonna see is admin team collapsing on rehash LMAFOOO

edit: big big big edit, excluding josh he ok

Edited by crimeson
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Mitch
Just now, crimeson said:

the only earthquake you are gonna see is admin team collapsing on rehash LMAFOOO

bruh you can't say that 

Curtis
3 minutes ago, crimeson said:

LOL

Grim

Not a bad idea. Not sure how much it can be made to look like an earthquake occurred though, besides some buildings being knocked down and rubble all over. I've seen things similar to this done before, like a building knocked over by a terrorist attack or land devastated by a meteor shower or the city being left a mess during a zombie event. Think you put too much hope in how players would react and respond to the event though. Usually you see players just nonRPly running into the fire to get a look at it or bunny-hopping around it and the rest are more likely to go about their day as if nothing happened. And admin interference(jailing/banning) did little to prevent nonRP behavior.

Like I said though, would be neat to see happen. Maybe have the bridge to Bayside collapse and require a ferry to get there or something. Other than that I only see a handful of people benefiting from the event, like faction members and news media people.

diddle

NEPAL AREA ROLEPLAY

MONEY_MAKING_SCHEME
On 6/26/2018 at 3:44 AM, crimeson said:

holy shytt boy u dropping the BOMBS!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Chilli943

It would take a while to set up imo, not sure if it would be worth all the effort to get maps created, script elements etc. for an event that lasts like a week. Also, let's not kid ourselves but I think we should work on getting the playerbase up than providing events to 0 players 😕

GreatNate
On 6/27/2018 at 11:56 AM, Chilli943 said:

It would take a while to set up imo, not sure if it would be worth all the effort to get maps created, script elements etc. for an event that lasts like a week. Also, let's not kid ourselves but I think we should work on getting the playerbase up than providing events to 0 players 😕

In order to bring the player base up you have to give the players something to be desired. We can't just expect everyone to come back to a server they see no promise in. I was thinking this may be a good idea to bring people back once the bugs are fixed and the new stuff is added. It may get the attention back from players that have long since abandoned the server and if they see that things are changing they may stay.

• Like 1

Hollywood

This could be a great event, but I have to agree with Chilli here. Whilst this would be a great chance to see some great roleplay, I would hate to see such an event happen for just 5 players. This would be an event better served it thought out properly, scripted and mapped and ready for when we hit numbers in the 50/60s again.