• Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
BowZ

San Fierro Police Department

BowZ
Posted (edited)

Yn0J8wH.png

“We, the members of the San Fierro Police Department, are dedicated to the people, traditions and diversity of our City and committed to excellene in law enforcement. In order to protect life and property, prevent crime and reduce the fear of crime, we will provide service with understanding, response with compassion, performance with integrity and law enforcement with vision.”

iWanKcg.png  Message from the Chief of Police

I would like to exercise this fantastic and tremendous opportunity to welcome and thank everyone for their huge support provided to me on the day I was chosen as the Chief of Police. Indeed the San Fierro Police Department has undoubtedly experienced a huge downfall in the previous months, the city of San Fierro experienced a lot of dejected changes and that is why frustrations and disappointments started developing. San Fierro is unquestionably a fantastic, spectacular and stunning city, it is also a magnificent city to live and work without any difficulties or obstacles. I am proud to be serving as the second Chief of Police of the city of San Fierro, I am more proud to be in such a wonderful accepting city like San Fierro.

As I was recently appointed as the second Chief of Police of the San Fierro Police, I was left with a huge amount of resignations. I first joined the department on the 14th of February 2018. Like anyone else, I took the exam and I passed it. I started working and developed myself in the Law Enforcement field, I started advancing through the ranks and became a Field Training Supervisor on the first of May 2018.

I am planning to launch a new era, a new journey for the San Fierro Police Department with new Staff Officers to assist me with things around the department. In the coming days, we will be having new community programs and a Gun Management Division which will be called Firearms and Licensing Division. These programs and divisions were worked on by the men and women of the San Fierro Police Department.

We are currently prioritizing one thing, which is the preservation and protection of the quality of life and to ensure the safety of our streets of San Fierro and the safety of our beloved citizens. Presently, the department has an estimated amount of 15 Police Officers, including Commissioned and Non-Commissioned Police Officers.

The department will start reconstructing and rebuilding for a better environment and that's where our new journey and era begins. If you are interested in joining the San Fierro Police Department, please do not hesitate to visit our website and check all recruitment related information as you can find plenty of informative threads regarding the recruitment. The San Fierro Police Department is a fantastic department that prides itself with Courtesy, Professionalism, and Respect, which is why I am really proud to be apart of the department as the Head of Department.

To conclude, I hope you visit our website for any inquiries. I am positive that you will find our website as detailed as you expect it to be. Please forward us any concerns or inquiries regarding the San Fierro Police Department.

Chief of Police Laverne Bullock

aOzIei0.png

iWanKcg.png  History of the San Fierro Police Department

Early Years
The San Fierro Police Department began it's operations on the 13th of August 1849 during the Gold Rush, under the command of Captain Malachi Fallon. The force started with one Deputy Captain, three Sergeants, and thirty officers. However, the department was not founded without a hitch. Most members of the force were made up of former bandits, more interested in saving their old friends from punishment than to serve the city.

Due to this, on October the 28th of 1853, the Board of Aldermen passed Ordinance No. 466, aimed at reorganizing the police department. Section one and two of the Ordinance provided the following:

"The People of the City of San Fierro do ordain as follows:

Section One ― The Police Department of the City of San Fierro, shall be composed of a day and night police, consisting of 56 men (including the Captain and Assistant Captain), each to be recommended by at least ten tax-paying citizens.
Section Two ― There shall be one Captain and one assistant Captain of Police, who shall be elected in joint convention of the Board of Aldermen and Assistant Aldermen. The remainder of the force, 54 men, shall be appointed as follows: By the Mayor, 2; by the City Marshal, 2; by the City Recorder, 2; and by the Aldermen and Assistant Aldermen, 3 each."

In July of 1856, the "Consolidation Act" went into effect, this act abolished the office of City Marshal and created the office of Chief of Police in its place. The first elected Chief of Police for the San Fierro Police Department was James F. Curtis, a former member of the San Fierro Committee of Vigilance.

1975 strikes
In early August of 1975, the San Fierro Police Department went on strike over a pay dispute. The San Fierro Police Department was at that time the highest paying department in the state when the Los Santos Police Department announced a pay raise. Officers of the San Fierro Police Department promptly requested a pay raise as well, to regain their status as the highest paying department in the state. The Board of Supervisors, however, only approved a raise of half the raise the police department requested, else it would drive the city into a deficit. San Fierro officers and firefighters violated San Andreas law, prohibiting public employees from striking.

The city was quick to obtain a court order, declaring the strike illegal and ordering the employees back to their posts. The court messenger delivering the order was met with violence and the SFPD continued to strike. Only managers and African-American officers remained on duty, this resulted in a total of 45 officers and three fire apparatus responsible for the entire city with a population of 700,000.

City Supervisor Dianne Feinstein pleaded with Mayor Joseph Alioto to ask Governor Jerry Brown to call out the National Guard to patrol the streets but the Mayor refused. When enraged citizens confronted the officers at picket lines, the officers arrested them. Drinking on the picket line became more and more common and after striking officers started shooting out streetlights, the ACLU obtained a court order prohibiting striking officers from carrying their service revolvers. Again, the officers ignored the court order.

On August 20 a bomb detonated at the Mayor's Presidio Terrace home with a sign reading "Don't Threaten Us" left on his lawn. The following day Mayor Alioto asked the Board of Supervisors to concede to the striking officers' demands. The Supervisors however unanimously refused to. The Mayor immediately declared a state of emergency, assumed legislative powers, and granted all strikers' demands. City Supervisors along with taxpaying citizens sued, but the court ruled that a contract obtained through an illegal strike is still legally enforceable.

Chiefs of Police
Here is a list of all Chiefs of Police the San Fierro Police Department has known:

Mason Hamilton 2017 - 2018
Laverne Bullock 2018–present

iWanKcg.png  Organization

The head of the San Fierro Police Department is the Chief of Police. The Chief works with two Assistant Chiefs and his Command Officers to direct the three bureaus: Administration, Field Operations and Special Operations. Bureau Commanders are usually at the rank of Police Captain.

Vehicles
The San Fierro Police Department has a large vehicle fleet. These include, but are not limited to: Ford Police Interceptors, Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptors, Ford Police Interceptor Utilities, Chevrolet Tahoes and Dodge Chargers. Like most police departments in the State of San Andreas, patrol units are painted in a black clearcoat, with the roof, doors, and pillars white from the factory. Both front doors bear the blue seven-pointed star with the "S.F.P.D." lettering in gold. This decal is also placed on the trunk, either near the center of the trunk lid on sedans or near the right taillight for SUVs. To identify all vehicles operated by the city, the vehicle's "shop number" is placed on the front doors below their respective A-pillars, on the trunk near the left taillight, and on the roof to help airships visually identify patrol vehicles. On the rear side panels on both sides of the vehicle is a decal reading "EMERGENCY DIAL 911".

Administration Bureau
Recruitment and Training Division: The Recruitment and Training Division (RTD) is responsible for performing background checks of employees, human resources, recruitment and is responsible for the training of new recruits and current officers.
Firearms and Licensing Division: The Firearms and Licensing Division (FLD) is responsible for handing firearms license applications, as well as the enforcement of the regulations of said firearms licenses.
Internal Affairs Division: The Internal Affairs Division (IAD) is responsible for investigating any and all complaints against employees, and has the authority to discipline employees where necessary, or refer the case to the District Attorney in case of criminal charges.

Field Operations Bureau
Patrol Division: The Patrol Division is the lifeblood of the San Fierro Police Department. Almost every officer you see on the streets is part of this division. The Patrol Division is responsible for the patrols throughout the entire city.
Traffic Enforcement Division: The Traffic Enforcement Division (TED) is responsible for traffic law enforcement throughout the entire city. This also includes the investigation of vehicle accidents and the handling of traffic at special events.
Investigations Unit: The Investigations Unit (IU) is responsible for all detective operations within the city. This includes (but is not limited to) homicide investigations, guns, and gangs.

Special Operations Bureau
Special Weapons and Tactics: The Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) is responsible for any tasks deemed too dangerous for the regular patrol officer. This includes (but is not limited to) raids and the execution of high-risk warrants throughout the city of San Fierro.
Air Support Unit: The Air Support Unit (ASU) is responsible for all police service flights within the city. Mainly used during pursuits of vehicles, to keep sight of a suspect vehicle without having to resort to dangerous tactics on the roadway.

iWanKcg.png  Uniform and Equipment

Uniform
The standard Patrol Uniform is composed of a dark blue shirt and pants, with a black braid, brass buttons which are stamped with the city seal and "SF POLICE". The black braid down the length of the pants increases in width as one advances through the ranks. The badge for Officers is a sterling silver seven-point star (a design which as basically remains unchanged from 1849). Officers' badges are smooth polished, whilst those of Sergeant and above have decorative engraved designs. Badges of Lieutenants and above are of 10k gold, instead of sterling silver.

Equipment
The modern-day patrol officer carries a lot of equipment. Officers carry batons (straight wood or straight expandable), pepper spray, a portable radio, handcuffs, a taser (model X2) and their sidearm. An arrangement of other firearms are available to specialty teams, such as our Special Weapons and Tactics.

Edited by BowZ
  • Like 2

BowZ

HpTgpbE.png

• Like 1

sick

AultDbo.png&key=cce10e731c6a3bab323fedf7

• Like 1

sick

SCNXu1g.png

cm82Ac6.png

AWY1PAB.png

yAtfVoC.png

• Like 2

BowZ

HpThP56.png

• Like 1

BowZ

HpTil17.png

Snob
Posted (edited)

Server really lack these type of legal roleplay screens and factions, I'm glad to see this.

Edited by Snob

BowZ

Updated. Thanks @Hollywoodfor his effort in helping with the story and thread layout.

Hollywood

Certainly! It's time we revive the police department :)

FroxZ

With 0 PB?

Curtis
7 hours ago, FroxZ said:

With 0 PB?

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Mitch

los santos inactive department omegaroll

Cravvler

yooo this gang is lit! keep going boys

• Haha 1