News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Chilli943

[POLL] Deciding on the BARP spawn location

Moving the central location of BARP.  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Where would you like us to move the server?

• Juniper Mall (San Fierro)
    • Bayside
    • Angel Pine
    • Leave it as Cranberry
    • Have a dialog allowing players to choose where they spawn

Chilli943

logo.png

Hello everybody,

Over the past week the staff team have been discussing many aspects of Bay Area Roleplay, identifying areas that need improvement and things for us to focus on. One major topic that had been identified by various players and staff members was the prospect of moving the server spawn location. This was brought to the table for a variety of reasons, the major reason being the inactivity that the server has been facing and how spread out the limited playerbase was becoming - making roleplay virtually impossible.

So, where would you like us to move BARP's spawn location to?

For now there are five options:

- Juniper Mall (In San Fierro)

- Bayside

- Angel Pine

- Leaving it at Cranberry

- Having a dialog allowing players to choose where they spawn

Please keep discussion on topic and relevant. We want this decision to be the best for all players which is why we have created the poll. If you have an opinion on the move or a better suggestion please post it below. Flaming/shitposting will not be tolerated on this post.

Grim

Why not have players choose once they register and log in the first time? Least then their spawn point could reflect their characters story.

Chilli943
11 minutes ago, Grim said:

Why not have players choose once they register and log in the first time? Least then their spawn point could reflect their characters story.

We had discussed this, the fear was that it would spread the players out even more. I will however add it as another option on the poll!

Grim
4 minutes ago, Chilli943 said:

We had discussed this, the fear was that it would spread the players out even more. I will however add it as another option on the poll!

That's true. Guess depends on where people want the server to be based. People choosing Bayside likely wants the pb to be focused around Bayside. Being focused in a small area may help the server.. Could hurt it as well..

frostyworks

just move to bayside

Mitch

This could be the final thing that breaks the camel's back, moving it to Bayside would be very worrying, for one, how will mapping in SF be handled? How will PD and FD be handled? Same places? New places? How exactly would this work? 

• Like 1

sick
7 minutes ago, Mitch said:

This could be the final thing that breaks the camel's back, moving it to Bayside would be very worrying, for one, how will mapping in SF be handled? How will PD and FD be handled? Same places? New places? How exactly would this work? 

I think mappers would need to work a lot on this. They'd have to map an actual hospital, a police department, maybe an airport and whatnot. But I can see it being possible.

RosePark

Bayside it's the best option out of them all but it's a small area.

The mapping team can work hard and add more mappings to the bayside and make it a larger place, it would be awesome.

Mitch
18 minutes ago, sick said:

I think mappers would need to work a lot on this. They'd have to map an actual hospital, a police department, maybe an airport and whatnot. But I can see it being possible.

An airport? What? 

• Like 1

Petrichor
10 minutes ago, sick said:

So then we have SFPD and SFFD in Bayside, a stand-alone town that's not in any way part of San Fierro in the GTA Universe? Makes sense. 

Neaksy

Don't think that's a good idea at all. Focus on the script, missing features and bugs. Moving to Bayside or any other town would mean changing the entire mapping because those cities are small and have very little to offer, it'll take time you cannot waste to bring players back. Not to mention Bayside is perhaps one of the most boring towns in the game.

• Like 3

Sneakerhead

I didn’t join this server for Bayside Roleplay.

• Thanks 3

Petrichor

Why do people even think that a spawn change will automatically move the whole playerbase to Bayside? Assuming it's nothing more than a spawn change and not the removal of properties or the barricading of the road to SF, won't "old" players just go to SF anyway? Which means an even more spread out playerbase, since old players will stay in SF and newcomers will be in Bayside. Or newcomers will just go to SF too, since that's where the people are. Instead of making this bad attempt to cover up the low playerbase, focus on improving the script to attract more players.

• Like 1

FlowN
1 hour ago, Grim said:

That would mean that the players would be even more scattered around the map which will not help.

13 minutes ago, Sneakerhead said:

I didn’t join this server for Bayside Roleplay.

The server is called Bay Area Roleplay. San Fierro and Bayside are both part of the "Bay Area".

diddle
1 minute ago, Petrichor said:

Why do people even think that a spawn change will automatically move the whole playerbase to Bayside? Assuming it's nothing more than a spawn change and not the removal of properties or the barricading of the road to SF, won't "old" players just go to SF anyway? Which means an even more spread out playerbase, since old players will stay in SF and newcomers will be in Bayside. Or newcomers will just go to SF too, since that's where the people are. Instead of making this bad attempt to cover up the low playerbase, focus on improving the script to attract more players.

And they should stop giving bans left and right.