News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Toxic.

Vehicle repair prices.

Toxic.

Currently when you crash your car and go to a Pay N Spray and repair your vehicle, it’ll be cheap. It will cost you like $2-$300 max. I think these prices should be higher. Around $500-$1500, because people aren’t afraid of crashing their cars because they know it will be cheap to repair. This also avoids crashing RP’s. By changing the prices to repair you car, people will be more careful when they drive, etc. 

A small detail that will make difference.

sick

I would rather make the wait time longer. It's 20 seconds and I'd make it 2-5 minutes.

Maui

I think it's ok to have a little bit of fun whilst driving. If you get in a crash then you should role-play the effects. I don't think an increase in how much it costs to repair a car is necessary. 

Grim

Noticed numerous times that small repairs only cost me between $10-$100, so I agree it should be raised. Problem with that though is some troll could abuse rented vehicles to intentionally ram players vehicles and log out to avoid the repair costs. Trucking job trucks make you pay around $300 if you total the truck, but you can avoid that by logging before it's wrecked

49 minutes ago, sick said:

I would rather make the wait time longer. It's 20 seconds and I'd make it 2-5 minutes.

I disagree with increased wait times. Repair feels like it takes forever as is. Sucks if you're in a bad area, someone be along almost every time to rob or DM you 

Singh

I suggest we simply increase the maximum price a little bit more instead of time.

• Like 1

Neaksy

Not sure about this. I think the prices are OK as is. Perhaps the maximum price could be around a thousand, or higher depending on the vehicle type (if it's a sports car, etc). You have to take into account the fact that sometimes the damage caused to the vehicle can be attributed to lag, objects with the wrong hit boxes (looking at you, custom speed signs).

The only things I would like to see added are penalties for damaging rented vehicles, as well as different points when cars are ready to pick up so cars don't spawn inside each other.

• Like 1

Danny

No.

Kriff

I'd be broke if this is implemented :(

• Like 1

Mitch
5 hours ago, sick said:

??????????

• Like 1

Halycen

Should depend on value of vehicle / current vehicle being repaired. 

• Like 1

Grim
2 hours ago, Kriff said:

I'd be broke if this is implemented 😞

That's true. Think we overlooked the players who join to roleplay and prefer not to grind. Given the lack of alternatives to grinding it would hurt some players significantly more than others. Considering all the ways to take damage think prices best left as is, maybe except for the more pricey cars.

• Like 1

diddle

I support Halycen's idea.