• Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Grim

Second house

Grim
Posted (edited)

Allow players to purchase a second house at the listed price. I understand the current system was set up to prevent 1 person from owning too many houses, but right now I doubt that's much a problem. Players could be limited to owning 2 houses to prevent that from happening.

Allowing players to own 2 houses could be seen as a way of rewarding those who have spent countless of hours grinding when there is little to grind for. Would also significantly lower money some players have currently. Some might complain about houses being taken, but if they aren't in-game grinding to earn it then not like they'd get one any time soon anyway. Would help make the server feel less empty...

Less available houses in a certain areas could promote renting. Players could also begin selling houses to other players instead of to the script and could lead to players buying and reselling for profit, maybe even making a business/faction by doing it. In time house value would increase, especially in gang areas. 

Edited by Grim
  • Like 2

Igarro

Ain't no harm done, I can see more advantages than disadvantages here.

Maui

Yup, I totally agree with this. There's over 1000 houses on the server, which is more than enough to allow people to have 2 each. 

Singh

Support.

Snob

Some people still don't own a house because they don't want to grind on jobs , I see this can happen in another time but whatever.

Grim
50 minutes ago, Snob said:

Some people still don't own a house because they don't want to grind on jobs , I see this can happen in another time but whatever.

People don't grind since they feel there's not much reason to. But some have been grinding, and if nothing else at least it means they're in-game while the rest of the community are busy bitching about the server being dead or waiting for the PB to go up. 

But I agree with what you're saying, tbh only for lumberjack payments prior to the server closing a few months ago I wouldn't have mine. But some have bought a house because of grinding since the reopening. imo people shouldnt really be held back because of others not having one. They had the same opportunity as the rest of the community

• Like 1

Toxic.

Even 3 houses tbh. +Support.

syler

Yeah, multiplying the price by ten seems like a bit too much.. maybe double it? If you own a house and want to buy another that is $100,000 then you are to pay $1,000,000 instead or if you'd like to buy one of the $700,000 houses then that's $7,000,000 for those who already own a house.

• Like 1

Grim

Yeah, current prices for second house is just retarded. Most can't reach 75k right now, let alone 10 times that. Just gives people less to grind for

FlowN

With so many houses and so few players (for now, anyway) having such a limit is not necessary.