News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Maui

Illegal version of trucker job

Maui

I was a bit hesitant to make this job as I understand jobs are currently under a revamp, but here goes...

To add a bit of variation and make job grinds a little more interesting can we get an illegal version of the trucker job.

Instead of store supplies being delivered, we'll be delivering black market items, like prescription pills, stolen items, etc.

If the police pull you over and discover the stolen items then you have to face the IC consequences. 

As a result of the increased risk you get a slightly bigger payout.

Due to the increased risk we'll get truckers that aren't speeding around everywhere. 

If you think this is shit then tell me 

• Like 1

syler

I remember a system a long time on an alternative server that I can’t quite remember but I loved it. Obviously the cargo can’t be sold to actual players but it’d be an awesome idea and add some roleplay variation.

That being said, I still doubt the risk is any higher as police will most likely not pull over truckers as oocly they’d be thinking “ah they’re doing a job, screw it” so they often get left off the hook for their ridiculous driving, however, I may be wrong.

Obviously the payout should be HUGE but maybe a multiplier such as a 15-20% multiplier would be cool. The locations that you deliver too should also be more county based and the back alleys of San Fierro.

• Like 1

sick

Because not all truckers have access to illegal goods, I'd rather make it exporting more cargo than you legally can with your vehicle, for a bigger payment ofcourse.

If my idea is implemented, then I support this.

Maui
4 hours ago, sick said:

Because not all truckers have access to illegal goods, I'd rather make it exporting more cargo than you legally can with your vehicle, for a bigger payment ofcourse.

If my idea is implemented, then I support this.

So you basically want this?

fa8e0b48f72948b3a2ae49711bc1d017.png

I appreciate your input but I think black market stuff is more interesting. 

Igarro

Yeah, sure. Would be quite a cool thing to roleplay with your character and even add to your screenshots, illegal shit is cool. Instead of everybody RP'ing house robberies on their character development threads, this would be quite nice. Scriptwise? Make it give more money, probably, because if you get caught, you would be in deep trouble. Another idea that I have in mind is, make the illegal side of the trucker job available only for official illegal factions, can't go more in this suggestion, but feel free to discuss it.

• Like 1

Negan
On 5/24/2018 at 3:15 PM, Maui said:

So you basically want this?

fa8e0b48f72948b3a2ae49711bc1d017.png

I appreciate your input but I think black market stuff is more interesting. 

There is a limit of 24t in Europe according CMR convection, that you can transport using truck.

Physically truck can handle more than 24t during transportation, but it's not allowed.

We don't need some sadlers being loaded with goods so much, so it would look like some indian train.

But adding extra pallets and making a little overweight into the truck, so the trucker would gain extra money could do the trick.

Also there could be a cmd that would allow cops to see how much cargo does trucker carries and what is the allowed limit.