News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Carmine

Buying BayPoints with IG money

Carmine

I think people should be able to buy BayPoints with IG money with a certain price per BayPoint. There are servers that allow namechanges by IG money so why not allow players to buy BayPoints with IG money? Not at a very cheap price though, because players who are rich will always have a Gold subscription.

aktive

I support it.

• Thanks 1

JohnnyA

yes why not?

• Thanks 1

Danny

Sure

Petrichor

What's it with everyone mixing OOC & IC? Sorry, but no. Using IC money to buy something that's OOC doesn't make any sense, just like buying namechanges with it or fining people as an OOC punishment. I think adding even more ways to get things for free isn't a good idea either, same goes for your other suggestion of getting free namechanges after being CK'ed. I understand everyone wants things for free, but let's be honest. The server is already struggling with its finances, adding more free alternatives won't do anything good.

• Like 2

Singh

No support from me.

• Like 1

robis

Sorry, but no. It's just straight IC & OOC mixing, reminds me of an RPG server. 

Carmine
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Petrichor said:

What's it with everyone mixing OOC & IC? Sorry, but no. Using IC money to buy something that's OOC doesn't make any sense, just like buying namechanges with it or fining people as an OOC punishment. I think adding even more ways to get things for free isn't a good idea either, same goes for your other suggestion of getting free namechanges after being CK'ed. I understand everyone wants things for free, but let's be honest. The server is already struggling with its finances, adding more free alternatives won't do anything good.

5 minutes ago, robis said:

Sorry, but no. It's just straight IC & OOC mixing, reminds me of an RPG server. 

Imagine a person that gets his main character CKed and isn't a donator nor has BayPoints for a NC. All of his character slots are filled up. The person doesn't have the possibility to donate.

Grinding 80 hours to get enough BayPoints in order to be able to play instead of losing some of the money you grinded your ass for and being able to play instantly? Which one is it you choose?

Edit: Most of people's money are usually obtained by grinding on the Lumberjack job, which their gangster character would never do, isn't that OOC & IC mixing too? Grinding OOCly to have IC money to RP with? Think about it, people can RP being rich with 2,000$ in their bank and people can RP being poor with 70,000$ in their bank.

Edited by Carmine

robis

Those are the rules and personally I agree to them. No matter what happens, there shouldn't be an option like this, it's just plain IC & OOC mixing and it's stupid. To avoid these type of situations, you should be able to delete a character you don't use anymore, that is what needs to be added. 

Carmine
Just now, robis said:

Those are the rules and personally I agree to them. No matter what happens, there shouldn't be an option like this, it's just plain IC & OOC mixing and it's stupid. To avoid these type of situations, you should be able to delete a character you don't use anymore, that is what needs to be added. 

Then RPing stealing a car should earn you money instead of you having to grind on the lumberjack job to be able to buy a decent car that your character can actually RPly afford. Till this option of the UCP is added(I see it's a hard thing to have, considering how much it is taking to actually be implemented) there must be an alternative way for people to play normally.

Danny
30 minutes ago, Petrichor said:

This is for those who can't donate, those who can surely would rather donate than give away hours on hours of grinding just for a CK (like carmine said). 

Pencil

It would have no point having a BayPoint system if this gets implemented.

Carmine
1 minute ago, Danny said:

This is for those who can't donate, those who can surely would rather donate than give away hours on hours of grinding just for a CK (like carmine said). 

Yeah, and let's not mention that the money is not IC if we have to be honest. All of my money was earned either from the car jacker job with little to none RP or from the lumberjack. My character's development never included jacking cars for a living or working at a lumber, did it? Exactly, it didn't. I can ICly have billions but only 2,000$ scriptwisely so I see nothing wrong with using that money for OOC things.

1 minute ago, Pencil said:

It would have no point having a BayPoint system if this gets implemented.

It would have no way to play if there aren't free ways of getting things. Never said it should be 100$ per BayPoint, a reasonable price that ain't too high and too low at the same time would be nice for people who can't get it another way except for grinding 80 hours straight like a retard...

• Like 1

Pencil
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Carmine said:

It would have no way to play if there aren't free ways of getting things. Never said it should be 100$ per BayPoint, a reasonable price that ain't too high and too low at the same time would be nice for people who can't get it another way except for grinding 80 hours straight like a retard...

I think that NC should be free only in cases you get CKed from a faction. Not in all of CK cases but only after you spent a certain time playing on that faction because people may abuse that by entering a faction and doing stupid things so thay could get a namechange.

Yeah, and let's not mention that the money is not IC if we have to be honest. All of my money was earned either from the car jacker job with little to none RP or from the lumberjack. My character's development never included jacking cars for a living or working at a lumber, did it? Exactly, it didn't. I can ICly have billions but only 2,000$ scriptwisely so I see nothing wrong with using that money for OOC things.

I think that scriptly jobs should be connected in some way with the "RP world".

Edited by Pencil

Carmine
1 minute ago, Pencil said:

I think that NC should be free only in cases you get CKed from a faction. Not in all of CK cases but only after you spent a certain time playing on that faction because people may abuse that by entering a faction and doing stupid things so thay could get a namechange.

Already suggested that, been out there for a week and no admin has paid attention to it.