News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
diddle

The playerbase

diddle

What happened to the playerbase? What needs to be done to increase it? Share your opinions here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Carmine

Many people were disappointed as 1.0 also missed many key things required for proper RP. Let's begin with the lack of official illegal factions that distribute guns and drugs, getting all the way to the lack of businesses(which was kind of compensated lately, but still not enough). I have personally never had my hands on drugs, even though there is a system scripted. However, I've gripped onto many guns and now that law enforcers are trying to remove the strawman job I see no other way to obtain weapons. I really hope some factions will be announced official soon as this will make a huge difference, allowing the server to develop and get on a next level.

• Like 6

CaptainC
Posted (edited)

Fresh to the community but within 3-4 hours of forum-browsing, I've found what the problem is according to my opinion.
There is this thing with the script which makes BA:RP an LS:RP rip-off.
Most RPers, as they join the server, realize that the script is really similar to LS:RP's one.
The script is just insanely good, not going against that, but it needs to be unique, it needs to give a different taste to the players.
Friends of mine joined the server only to find out that it is 'exactly the same as lsrp' so they just left the server to play LS:RP. And actually, I wasn't surprised.
It's really plain; why play BA:RP when you can simply play LS:RP? The script is exactly the same anyway.
Ya' get the point?

Edited by CaptainC
  • Like 2

diddle
13 minutes ago, Carmine said:

Many people were disappointed as 1.0 also missed many key things required for proper RP. Let's begin with the lack of official illegal factions that distribute guns and drugs, getting all the way to the lack of businesses(which was kind of compensated lately, but still not enough). I have personally never had my hands on drugs, even though there is a system scripted. However, I've gripped onto many guns and now that law enforcers are trying to remove the strawman job I see no other way to obtain weapons. I really hope some factions will be announced official soon as this will make a huge difference, allowing the server to develop and get on a next level.

We do need official factions, a proper drug system,  more cops.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CaptainC
1 minute ago, Kellywitdaglock said:

Well, there's this one thing we have to be careful with.
Let's not turn the server into a Cops and Robbers one.

diddle
Just now, CaptainC said:

Well, there's this one thing we have to be careful with.
Let's not turn the server into a Cops and Robbers one.

Cops stand no chance right now, they can easily get killed because they have no back-up to call.

• Like 1

Carmine
1 minute ago, Kellywitdaglock said:

Can't agree on the cops part. There is a drug system, but no scheme of getting it working. No way to obtain drugs unless an admin gives them to your faction to smuggle. (there actually was a faction that was given drugs by Thuggy, even though the faction wasn't official)

CaptainC
Just now, Kellywitdaglock said:

Cops stand no chance right now, they can easily get killed because they have no back-up to call.

This is easy to be dealt with, it just needs some additional scripting.
M4s should be only used by Officers and it's damage should be set to 45 body damage and 70 head damage. Problem solved.
Of course, M4s should be used by higher ranks and only when they are outnumbered.
(That is of course, until SFPD gets members)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

diddle
Just now, CaptainC said:

This is easy to be dealt with, it just needs some additional scripting.
M4s should be only used by Officers and it's damage should be set to 45 body damage and 70 head damage. Problem solved.
Of course, M4s should be used by higher ranks and only when they are outnumbered.
(That is of course, until SFPD gets members)

That's what happened yesterday at Juniper Mall, the only thing is the cop was alone so he got killed.

He used his M4 to kill one player, wounded another one and got killed.

CaptainC
Just now, Kellywitdaglock said:

That's what happened yesterday at Juniper Mall, the only thing is the cop was alone so he got killed.

I mean, if the M4 deals such damage it is easy to drop 5 guys within 20 seconds.

Now, if the Officer sucks at shooting, well, that's not our problem.
My point is that if there is no backup, you have an M4 to protect you.

And additionally, no cop IRL would fight when outnumbered, he'd instead try to call for backup or retreat from the fight.
Which consequently, should remind you guys of the fact that the server is not a Cops and Robbers one.

Character development should be embraced, less weapons, more RP.
We need people who are inspired and actually develop their characters up to a point where weapons and shooting cops is irrelevant.

And personally, it is much more interesting to have a RPers whose character's life progresses day by day, rather than have a RPers who are only interested in luxury cars, houses, sex, weapons and shooting cops.

Mitch
7 minutes ago, Kellywitdaglock said:

Why do normal SFPD units have M4s in their cars? I thought those are reserved for SWAT? 

Petrichor
7 minutes ago, cBull said:

The official factions should've been announced long ago. The drug system needs some organizing fast. The status of the SFPD isn't bad, I usually like see at least two of them online everyday (in my timezone at least).

Factions need time to prove they're worthy of becoming official.

Carmine
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Petrichor said:

Factions need time to prove they're worthy of becoming official.

I bet Nazzaro have already proved that numerous times.

Edited by Carmine
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Nevermore
2 hours ago, cBull said:

I realize that, but there's been factions opened since literally last year.

It doesn't matter how long a faction has been up for. If a new faction comes in with a huge plan that's detailed and is full of information regarding how they stand out and then they go out of their way and prove to FM that they're unique then they can easily get official at this stage

Nevermore
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, cBull said:

So, I could open up a faction with a bunch of nice-worded stuff and get official without any screens, basically? How sad.

I'm saying there are factions that have been in development but don't actually post topics, only recently my topic was posted but has been in development since January. I know other factions that haven't even been posted since the start of the server, it's not down to how long the "post" has been up

Edited by Nevermore