Jump to content
News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Ss4gogeta0

Addressing the Lackluster Gang Roleplay in the Server

Recommended Posts

Ss4gogeta0

So ive noticed a lot of complaints from people on 2 different Discords (The main BARP discord and a Discord for a BARP faction). The complaints being that Gang Roleplay on this server is Boring and Repetitive. Everything is centered around a specific area and There are no creative ideas.

 

I am making this thread in the hopes that people can brainstorm on how these issues can be rectified instead of letting this fester.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FroxZ

Find a faction which is your viral. Get some people. Start a faction. Meet them up. Start beef and it will carry on until you or the other fac is the winner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ss4gogeta0
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, FroxZ said:

Find a faction which is your viral. Get some people. Start a faction. Meet them up. Start beef and it will carry on until you or the other fac is the winner. 

Thats the thing though, People are actually pushed away from the current gang RP environment. Nobody wants to start a gang when there is hardly any incentive. And most of the active gangs are either Balkan mafiosos or LS-RP Copypaste gangs

Edited by Ss4gogeta0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FroxZ
Just now, Ss4gogeta0 said:

Thats the thing though, People are actually pushed away from the current gang RP environment. Nobody wants to start a gang when there is hardly any incentive.

For example there is a current Skinhead group in Angel Pine. You can easily create a black faction and just cruise around and just find us and start up something... just an example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nevermore

Or simply join a faction in which people are creative. Make your own idea, don't follow a path; like me I've been apart of other factions, I've gained a few unique ideas's and I've thrown them together to later on carrying into a known gang in which we represent and will turn into later on down the line, the reason why people like it or are interested is simply the idea, the structure the post; you can all nibble off roleplay idea's from simply just a topic. In a matter of day's, I plan on implementing an idea for all faction members to do, keep roleplay fresh, idea's in which everyone can go out and roleplay. With factions you need a dedicated leader and dedicated hierarchy to make sure your roleplay flourishes, you need someone with idea's, you have to be out there finding out new things to do or simply set guidelines for everyone, not boring, not the same as everyone else; DIFFERENT. Enjoy it, once I have everything sorted I'll have so many roleplay scenario's set up that I'll have to find more role players to help me fulfill it simply because I won't have time to do it myself, that's how creative you have to be, you need to find idea's, take them and create them into something of your own. That's how you get a successful faction, no matter the pages, no matter the posts, no matter the numbers. It's all about bringing roleplay and you can do it easily just by some idea's, nevermind the script or the state of the server currently, just creativity.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nevermore
1 minute ago, Ss4gogeta0 said:

Thats the thing though, People are actually pushed away from the current gang RP environment. Nobody wants to start a gang when there is hardly any incentive. And most of the active gangs are either Balkan mafiosos or LS-RP Copypaste gangs

 

Not every gang is a copypaste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ss4gogeta0
5 minutes ago, FroxZ said:

For example there is a current Skinhead group in Angel Pine. You can easily create a black faction and just cruise around and just find us and start up something... just an example.

Considering the kinds of players we have currently, that would turn into a DM free for all

 

4 minutes ago, Nevermore said:

 

Not every gang is a copypaste.

gang_1.png

gang_2.png

gang_3.png

 

Sneaker isnt wrong, There are lots of overused factions on this server currently. nothing fully unique. and because of that, people are turned away.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cash_Barti

Didn’t you say you haven’t roleplaying in years (since 2011/2012) to be correct and even forgot how? Anyways, oh well. It’s like we can just lock all factions / close them because they aren’t realistic to your standards (keep in mind, San Fierro is fictional, San Franciso isn’t). Start your own faction and set an example instead of whining here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ss4gogeta0
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Cash_Barti said:

Didn’t you say you haven’t roleplaying in years (since 2011/2012) to be correct and even forgot how? Anyways, oh well. It’s like we can just lock all factions / close them because they aren’t realistic to your standards (keep in mind, San Fierro is fictional, San Franciso isn’t). Start your own faction and set an example instead of whining here.

actually I still RP under the name Rashaad_Mitchell on occasion. Guttah Gang member

 

gta_sa_2018-01-05_19-50-44-85.png

Edited by Ss4gogeta0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cash_Barti
1 minute ago, Ss4gogeta0 said:

actually I still RP under the name Rashaad_Mitchell on occasion. Guttah Gang member

 

gta_sa_2018-01-05_19-50-44-85.png

Is that even BARP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nevermore
20 minutes ago, Ss4gogeta0 said:

Considering the kinds of players we have currently, that would turn into a DM free for all

 

gang_1.png

gang_2.png

gang_3.png

 

Sneaker isnt wrong, There are lots of overused factions on this server currently. nothing fully unique. and because of that, people are turned away.

 

I see what you mean, you get the persona of all the Cosa Nostra mafia's and crips and bloods that's fair, but there are a few unique ones; it's either be apart of those unique groupings or simply make your own, that's all you need. I'm sure you'd find something you'd like if not try a new faction that you haven't been apart of before; that's how I've always found the best ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ss4gogeta0
Just now, Cash_Barti said:

Is that even BARP?

its LS-RP. I havnt started RPing on BARP yet. The point of this post is to prove that I still RP occasionally. Not often but still

 

ueP9qtB.png

N0olZHP.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nevermore
5 minutes ago, Ss4gogeta0 said:

its LS-RP. I havnt started RPing on BARP yet. The point of this post is to prove that I still RP occasionally. Not often but still

 

ueP9qtB.png

N0olZHP.jpg

 

You seem like a nice guy and all but I wouldn't say there's no roleplay on BA-RP or all the factions are the same if you haven't yet joined it; there might be faction posts of loads of the same factions but there are 50% of players that roleplay IG idea's or factions that haven't even been posted; so come in and check out for yourself. You just have to do some digging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ss4gogeta0
2 minutes ago, cBull said:

Yes, because the server died down because of the gangs. It wasn’t the multiple delays, bugs in the script and inactivity coming from management, no. It was because of the copy-and-paste gangs. Especially those boring bloods and crips because IRL in San Franciso there’s no bloods or crips, even though it’s San Fierro, we should lock all blood and crip gangs cause they’re unrealistic asf! Matter of fact... let’s ban all gangs because gangs = dm.

This thread is specifically about Gang RP which has had a number of complaints on the discord.  If you have issues with bugs and such, I suggest you make a support thread

 

1 minute ago, Nevermore said:

 

I see what you mean, you get the persona of all the Cosa Nostra mafia's and crips and bloods that's fair, but there are a few unique ones; it's either be apart of those unique groupings or simply make your own, that's all you need. I'm sure you'd find something you'd like if not try a new faction that you haven't been apart of before; that's how I've always found the best ones.

Currently, there are 3 unique factions and one semi unique faction

 

 

Other than that, its the same stuff you would find on RCRP/LSRP. I myself have tossed out a faction Idea that would work fairly well on here. But I have neither the expertise nor skill to start my own faction

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nevermore
3 minutes ago, Ss4gogeta0 said:

This thread is specifically about Gang RP which has had a number of complaints on the discord.  If you have issues with bugs and such, I suggest you make a support thread

 

Currently, there are 3 unique factions and one semi unique faction

 

 

Other than that, its the same stuff you would find on RCRP/LSRP. I myself have tossed out a faction Idea that would work fairly well on here. But I have neither the expertise nor skill to start my own faction

 

 

 

 

You don't need members to start of your faction idea, try it bud you never know until you do. If it's so unique and well thought out, you'll have members in no time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×