News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Nevermore

Realistic Fuel Economy

Nevermore

Hey so after playing SAMP servers I've always discovered that filling up and having fuel for a car is literally a waste of time, nobody ever needs to fill up. I remember on other server's I'd fill up once a week or once a month but I've noticed on BA:RP that I've NEVER had to fill up what so ever. I know some people might not like the idea but I'd love to get my experience with the fuel economy from GTA 5 roleplay servers (From when I played them) every car's different, different engine sizes and so on, and how you drive them affects the fuel. I would love to see people filling up cars just for roleplay and just in general; otherwise, there's no need for it. This is a short and sweet suggestion I don't have time to write a huge diagram with all the right go too's.

Carmine

Reducing the mileage of every vehicle by 40% would be enough to let that fuel tank drain normally.

I haven't seen a car IRL that is as big as the Admiral and does 30mpg. More like 16-17. <- take that just as an example

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Rehasher

We actually have a realistic fuel economy, but the problem is being realistic. Our fuel system works by every car having a set MPG (miles per gallon), so say you have 30 MPG vehicle and your tank size (WAS 15 gallons), you'd need to travel 450 miles before you'd need to refuel (which is pretty realistic) but 450 miles in SA-MP is alot.

I dropped the tank size for vehicles by 5 gallons, I'm waiting to see how this goes before I reduce the tank size again.

Carmine
2 minutes ago, Rehasher said:

We actually have a realistic fuel economy, but the problem is being realistic. Our fuel system works by every car having a set MPG (miles per gallon), so say you have 30 MPG vehicle and your tank size (WAS 15 gallons), you'd need to travel 450 miles before you'd need to refuel (which is pretty realistic) but 450 miles in SA-MP is alot.

I dropped the tank size for vehicles by 5 gallons, I'm waiting to see how this goes before I reduce the tank size again.

Woah dude are you an IRL car owner? A friend's Mercedes with a 21 gallons of LPG tank does 341 at the most. 450 miles with 15 gallons will be possible if you're driving a 1.0L diesel car and fill it up with oil instead of diesel.

Rehasher
3 minutes ago, Carmine said:

Woah dude are you an IRL car owner? A friend's Mercedes with a 21 gallons of LPG tank does 341 at the most. 450 miles with 15 gallons will be possible if you're driving a 1.0L diesel car and fill it up with oil instead of diesel.

Yes, sadly I drive a Ford ST and get around 200 miles from a full tank and 20 MPG.

But I didn't determine the result of maths, the cars have realistic MPGs and they even have small tanks. If you drive a car in-game that has 22 miles to the gallon and the tank size is currently 10 gallons, then thats 220 miles your car can do. How is this not realistic?

(Also if you put your foot down in the script, your cars MPG will drop too)