News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
doggy bada$$

Let's talk about the weapons.

doggy bada$$

Hi. I'm well aware TKG's discussed this in another topic --

-- but I'm gonna bring the topic up from the fact of how much it's affecting me.

Putting the matter out there simply, there's too many weapons thanks to strawmen, and I honestly think they should only be able to sell a limited amount, or they should gouge up their prices to make them less affordable. I'm gonna put this in my perspective to help make a point. I've been trucking for a while now, and I've been robbed at gun-point more than 5 times within a 3 day span, why? Because people are isolated at the trucker depot, and people with guns just see easy targets for robbery. I don't mind this being a thing, not at all. It mimics real life actions; robbers pick isolated victims. But there are just so many people with guns, that it's unbearable. Every single time I go to the depot, I get robbed at gun-point by a different person.

I feel like gun trafficking needs some sort of controlling to it. What's your thoughts? Above all else, I wanna see the different standpoints people have. Thanks for reading.

Lockhart

We're looking for ways to improve in this area. Just to let you know, job areas are safezones so make sure you drop us a report if this happens.

doggy bada$$

FYI, as a side-note, for the sake of the thread not getting closed, I'd rather the thread maintained as everyone making their own points and not as an argument, so the thread doesn't get lit up and therefore closed.

Weston

who is being rude to my hubby

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

ricobravousa
Posted (edited)

@doggy bada$$ Hm, personally I can't say I've encountered being held at gunpoint too many times in a day. However, from your explanation I can understand how that would become frustrating.

In my opinion, I think that you could counteract this series of unfortunate events by simply IC'ly seeking protection through either bearing your own arms or as aforementioned - getting the police involved.

However, from an OOC perspective, I think I do understand how a ton of Strawmen running all over the place can sort of "flood" the market. But then again, it's not like they're just spawning the weapons - there is a legitimate demand for them. I think it would only be a problem if people were OOC'ly completely unethically stockpiling weapons.

In no sense am I completely brushing off your problem here, but it seems like you just might be having bad luck? 

Edited by ricobravousa

PurpleVase24
22 minutes ago, ricobravousa said:

In my opinion, I think that you could counteract this series of unfortunate events by simply IC'ly seeking protection through either bearing your own arms or as aforementioned - getting the police involved.

That's where it doesn't work. You need 25 hours of playtime to buy firearms at the Ammunation and cops are simply not (enough) online when you need them the most. I haven't been robbed so far, mainly because I avoid standing in or driving through gang turfs, but it's ridiculous how many guns are out there and generally in the hands of gang members or characters with illegal intentions.

Carmine
On 5/13/2018 at 10:49 PM, thekillergreece said:

The only solution to this problem is handing the job to SFPD and remove the free weapons licenses.

Increasing the prices won't do a jack shit nor limiting anything further.

Then how will people get weapons illegally?

robis
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Carmine said:

Then how will people get weapons illegally?

Once official factions will be added, people will be able to acquire them illegally. 

And I agree that SFPD should take control over the whole thing, there should be PF and CCW license applications. 

Edited by robis

Carmine
Just now, robis said:

Once official factions will be added, people will be able to acquire them illegally. 

So once official factions are added THEN we could discuss removing the strawman job and free licenses.

• Like 1

FroxZ

I have a single solution.

PF = Apply PD Forum 

- No Criminal Record

- You gonna do that training shit.

To all the other weapons people can keep them and all that and just let like strawman get a few weapons a week.

Negan

At the current moment, i think it's not needed to touch this topic.

Than easier it's to find weapons, while there is a low playerbase, than better it is.

Best thing to do is to make people apply at PD (only when server will reach 150players +)