News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Trigger

Vehicles spawned

Trigger

I'd like to suggest that all personal vehicles stay spawned. San Fierro looks weird and kinda dead when they are despawned, looks like nobody has a house or lives in it. I've seen this on other servers and it doesn't cause lags. With this city is going to look full and alive, plus this would benefit Car thief job. 

• Like 3

kolesnikov

I've always been a fan of this idea. It's 2018, people should have a computer able to run things a little bit smooth.

• Like 1

Formidable

This would be a great thing to have implemented!

• Like 1

KR69

I support this but even this doesn't get implemented, atleast we should be able to spawn two vehicles instead of one. Say your car gets stolen and you want to take matters into your own hands. What do you do get a taxi and look for it around, when you have 3 more cars at home but can't spawn them?

• Like 2

Carmine

Was going to suggest this at some point, supporting.

• Like 1

suicideLEOPARD

To be honest i dont have anything against it, but people might lag a lot due to the large ammount of vehicles at one place. I like it more the way it is currently, but as i said i dont have a problem with it getting implemented.

Dom

A SA:MP server has a limit of 2000 vehicles to be spawned at once so we have to be rather careful at how many vehicles we have at the time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Petrichor

Sorry, but I don't think there's any possible scenario in which this would work. There's little parking spaces in SF which means most parked cars (assuming people would park their cars correctly) would just be half on the sidewalk and half on the road. Streets filled with badly parked cars + an NPC tram racing through the city = almost impossible to drive. Let's not talk about some of the small roads in SF too. Oh, and enjoy your car being heavily damaged after a pursuit and such. What about people who have like 8 cars? Where are they gonna store those? And I didn't even mention lagg/server resources yet. Besides, flooding the server with cars everywhere probably won't make the server feel alive, only a big active playerbase will. So no, I believe it would only be a huge mess without any real advantages.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

kolesnikov
11 hours ago, Petrichor said:

Sorry, but I don't think there's any possible scenario in which this would work. There's little parking spaces in SF which means most parked cars (assuming people would park their cars correctly) would just be half on the sidewalk and half on the road. Streets filled with badly parked cars + an NPC tram racing through the city = almost impossible to drive. Let's not talk about some of the small roads in SF too. Oh, and enjoy your car being heavily damaged after a pursuit and such. What about people who have like 8 cars? Where are they gonna store those? And I didn't even mention lagg/server resources yet. Besides, flooding the server with cars everywhere probably won't make the server feel alive, only a big active playerbase will. So no, I believe it would only be a huge mess without any real advantages.

giphy.gif

You're overreacting.

The playerbase is not that big to cause the problem you described.

Bluman
17 hours ago, KR69 said:

I support this but even this doesn't get implemented, atleast we should be able to spawn two vehicles instead of one. Say your car gets stolen and you want to take matters into your own hands. What do you do get a taxi and look for it around, when you have 3 more cars at home but can't spawn them?

I think there should be an algorithm where after a certain amount of players the max spawned vehicles goes down from 3 to 2. I also support the idea of constantly spawned cars and if you want them off the streets you should be able to purchase a garage or some land behind a gate.

Imaginary

I'm partly against this, people can RP having their car in a garage, but not scriptwisely.

Formidable
5 minutes ago, Imaginary said:

I'm partly against this, people can RP having their car in a garage, but not scriptwisely.

This

1 hour ago, Bluman said:

and if you want them off the streets you should be able to purchase a garage or some land behind a gate.

Bluman
20 minutes ago, Imaginary said:

Why not? It takes stress off the server having them in a seperate interior/vw and there can be the possibility of breaking into garages anyway.

Trigger
13 hours ago, Petrichor said:

giphy.gif

Thats why I suggested underground parking garages, or even normal parking spaces. There is ton of houses which have driveways where you can park your vehicle, those who park it on the streets which break the law will get their vehicle impounded which means more work for towing department. 

Petrichor
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Trigger said:

Thats why I suggested underground parking garages, or even normal parking spaces. There is ton of houses which have driveways where you can park your vehicle, those who park it on the streets which break the law will get their vehicle impounded which means more work for towing department. 

What if you have multiple vehicles? Would be a bummer to only be able to park one car in front of your house.

Edited by Petrichor