News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
MrLatwian

Bounty Hunter faction

MrLatwian

I don't know is this has been suggested before, but I can't be asked to look it up.

I'm not a novel writer, so I'll keep it short and sweet.

As you might know, cops look for APB's, people with warrants, but why not make a certain faction that does it for cops, well since there aren't any bounties in the game this faction should do the things mentioned previously.

They get the suspect, take it to PD and get him transfered to prison or jail.

The reason I want this to be a faction cause any newbie could come to the icon, do /getjob, and they're a bounty hunter, I see it being something useless, but if it's a faction, it can  have a story, policies, rules, ect.

It can be a government faction or a Civillian one.

It could have it's own gear set. It could be something interesting in my opinion, The only legal factions are PD/FD, as I know of, so this could make the cops job easier.

• Like 1

Bluman
Posted (edited)

This has been tried before in many servers and proven to be too much hassle when it comes to situations. People either claim they were unfairly killed or the hitmen complain they were randomly killed.

In my opinion, ordering hits should be part of the roleplay experience. Using /hit or /contract and forgetting about it is a cheap way to go about things, relying on a superhero hitman to carry out some weird scenarios in a way to kill them.

A good idea that's been practised in other places is just abolish the idea completely. Placing hits and carrying them out should be done completely IC in a way that people would do in real life (or I'd expect). Using someone you know or an associate of a friend to order the hit. Remember these are just regular(ish) people trying to make a living and not some elite assassin organisation.

To put it simply, just mention to someone who may be up to the task that you want revenge on someone, there could be some limitations on who can actually carry out a contract killing for a sum larger than $10k, to make it fair - maybe restrict it to faction members or players over a certain level.

This also allows for scamming, which is allowed to an extent, and builds a good character development for both ends.

Edit: Its just occurred to me that you meant legal bounties. I'll leave this post up just for the sake of discussing illegal bounty hunting (contract killing) but with the state of the server and depending on the playerbase when it's up and running, it should be left to the PD's investigation unit.

Edited by Bluman
  • Like 2

MrLatwian
40 minutes ago, Bluman said:

This has been tried before in many servers and proven to be too much hassle when it comes to situations. People either claim they were unfairly killed or the hitmen complain they were randomly killed.

In my opinion, ordering hits should be part of the roleplay experience. Using /hit or /contract and forgetting about it is a cheap way to go about things, relying on a superhero hitman to carry out some weird scenarios in a way to kill them.

A good idea that's been practised in other places is just abolish the idea completely. Placing hits and carrying them out should be done completely IC in a way that people would do in real life (or I'd expect). Using someone you know or an associate of a friend to order the hit. Remember these are just regular(ish) people trying to make a living and not some elite assassin organisation.

To put it simply, just mention to someone who may be up to the task that you want revenge on someone, there could be some limitations on who can actually carry out a contract killing for a sum larger than $10k, to make it fair - maybe restrict it to faction members or players over a certain level.

This also allows for scamming, which is allowed to an extent, and builds a good character development for both ends.

Edit: Its just occurred to me that you meant legal bounties. I'll leave this post up just for the sake of discussing illegal bounty hunting (contract killing) but with the state of the server and depending on the playerbase when it's up and running, it should be left to the PD's investigation unit.

Let's just see what the players think of it.

Blarzard
Posted (edited)

eh... no. Hitmen factions are ridiculous. If it's roleplayed correctly through a faction by approaching a player you're in the same faction as, and asking them to deal with someone for it, instead of approaching a random "hitman" to kill someone because they've wronged you sounds ok. Although, "bounty hunting" just encourages people to kill other players for money.

Edited by Blarzard
  • Thanks 1

MrLatwian
11 hours ago, Blarzard said:

eh... no. Hitmen factions are ridiculous. If it's roleplayed correctly through a faction by approaching a player you're in the same faction as, and asking them to deal with someone for it, instead of approaching a random "hitman" to kill someone because they've wronged you sounds ok. Although, "bounty hunting" just encourages people to kill other players for money.

Not a hitman faction, a less than lethal group that takes care of APB's and warrants, or rp bounties, no killing without a proper reason.

Blarzard
Just now, MrLatwian said:

Not a hitman faction, a less than lethal group that takes care of APB's and warrants, or rp bounties, no killing without a proper reason.

I'm still concerned with players killing other players just for financial gain. Killing someone "because i was told/paid/asked to do so" isn't really a good roleplay reason to kill someone.

Mask_35492

No

MrLatwian
3 hours ago, Blarzard said:

I'm still concerned with players killing other players just for financial gain. Killing someone "because i was told/paid/asked to do so" isn't really a good roleplay reason to kill someone.

There shouldn't be any killing, close to zero. Like in real life.

Lockhart

I just see this as an unnecessary middle-man. The efforts that would go into making this work would be better put into PD to improve their ability to capture fugitives. Besides, wouldn't you rather just be in PD than do this?

MrLatwian
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Lockhart said:

I just see this as an unnecessary middle-man. The efforts that would go into making this work would be better put into PD to improve their ability to capture fugitives. Besides, wouldn't you rather just be in PD than do this?

Or there could be a branch of the pd.

I just thought of a legal faction, in which you don't need to go trough the PD stuff, which can be quite tedious.

Edited by MrLatwian

Glenson
Posted (edited)

Guys do your research on what bounty hunters are, they aren't hitmen. It are people who arrest wanted civilians and apprehend them to the police department to get a cut off the bail which is perfectly legal in some states. A bounty hunter would never kill someone under any circumstance, unless they're in huge danger and would be forced to protect themselves but any other civilian would do the same when they need to defend themselves in a life threatening situation.

I think you can roleplay this already and can create your own faction if you'd like to do so or work independently, get a firearm license and concealed/open carry permit with it along with some mace, handcuffs or zip-ties and inform yourself at the police department about wanted civilians and start the hunt. I don't know if it'd work out in an environment like samp roleplay, but that's something time will tell.

Although you'd have to figure out if the IC laws allow this.

Edited by Glenson
  • Haha 1

Sons
On 5/5/2018 at 1:09 AM, Bluman said:

I agree with you, I played on such a server in my country, where the civilian could take such a job and unfortunately it was a big cause for DM,  because you can say that they did it legally by killing random people to shoot for fun - you can always think of something better something like that for civilians or to create a freelancer ,who would like to play people who have a criminal past or join it, of course for the consent of the guardian for criminal matters.

FlowN

With all of the illegal activity going on around right now and the lack of legal one, normal people playing cops wouldn't really help.

brax01_face

No

DeanPierce
Posted (edited)

I don't think this is really needed with a low playerbase, maybe in the future. However that isn't stopping anyone from trying to roleplay it, make a thread showcasing their experiences and see how it goes from there.

Edited by DeanPierce