News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Jondetti

Unlock other areas

Jondetti

Considering that official factions will need to have warehouses hidden, I think it should be appropriate to open ALL areas in San Andreas. Gives more RP opportunities too.

certified_ethug

Support, it's retarded as fuck to have it barricaded like wtf

Carmine

Yeah but then there will be all those people who will RP away from SF all the time and the whole point of it will be ruined.

Petrichor

Yeah, I don't see why the cities would be blocked. Even though there's no one there, we should RP as if LS and LV are alive and populated, doesn't make any sense otherwise. So why wouldn't we be able to drive there? And why can't people evade there?

• Like 1

Inimene123

The roads should be unblocked, yes. I love driving around Los Santos and Las Venturas sometimes and it helps people with some more roleplay. Also will bring people the chance to RP coming from Los Santos with their car and you know, setting a life up in SF.

Bluman

I agree, warehouses and specific areas like trucking locations should be further away from the SF city. Tierra Robada could also be a good place for factions to roleplay.

Singh

Yeah I don't see why other cities have to be blocked out to be honest. It's not like there is no chance to pass them but still...

• Haha 1

MoneyC

I remember once crashing into the roadblocks right when I was about to enter LS lol, I guess they should be removed ye.

Turtle

Yes, I'm gonna create a faction that runs the whole of Los Santos, very much needed.

• Like 1

The Don

I think, for now, the roadblocks should stay present to try and centralise roleplay in San Fierro and create the illusion of a small city being quite alive (which it is but I imagine you know what I mean).

However, I definitely agree with the roadblocks being removed in the future, perhaps one major area at a time.

Jondetti
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, The Don said:

I think, for now, the roadblocks should stay present to try and centralise roleplay in San Fierro and create the illusion of a small city being quite alive (which it is but I imagine you know what I mean).

However, I definitely agree with the roadblocks being removed in the future, perhaps one major area at a time.

14 minutes ago, Turtle said:

Yes, I'm gonna create a faction that runs the whole of Los Santos, very much needed.

You must've understood it wrong. No need to script anything outside of San Fierro (properties ect.), just remove the barriers.

Edited by Jondetti

Neaksy

Not supporting, roadblocks are just fine. You're not supposed to roleplay in LS and LV. I see no reason why anyone would go there.

The Don
Just now, Jondetti said:

You must've understood it wrong. No need to script anything outside of San Fierro (properties ect.), just remove the barriers.

If the barriers get removed, it'll only be a matter of time before there is a demand for scripted businesses in other places.

Personally I like the idea of everyone being kind of close together, but that may just be me.

• Like 1

Jondetti
Just now, The Don said:

If the barriers get removed, it'll only be a matter of time before there is a demand for scripted businesses in other places.

Personally I like the idea of everyone being kind of close together, but that may just be me.

Imagine you trying to set up some shadowy deal outside of town, you're trying to hustle drugs worth 500k to some faction. Now since you are so restricted to where you can go it's a really likely possibility that some noob's going to pop up and call 911 on you.

The Don
2 minutes ago, Jondetti said:

Imagine you trying to set up some shadowy deal outside of town, you're trying to hustle drugs worth 500k to some faction. Now since you are so restricted to where you can go it's a really likely possibility that some noob's going to pop up and call 911 on you.

There's positives and negatives to both options and of course being restricted to such a small space makes it easier for some random civ to just ring the cops and I understand that but I just think, personally, there is more negatives to removing the barriers than to just keep them in place.