News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Ss4gogeta0

[Faction related] Banning/Limiting Blood & Crip Factions?

Ss4gogeta0
Posted (edited)

I was discussing it with a few members and figured I should make a suggestion about whether the Blood and Crip factions should be banned or otherwise limited in order to cut down on DMing and encourage more detailed roleplay outside of "He wears this color, so he is my enemy". Because in general, most Blood/Crip/Piru/Hoover/Chicago gangs feature low quality Roleplay and function on that outdated and overblown mindset. Not to mention that it would create more unique roleplay by educating people on the more natural yet obscure Bay Area gang culture.

It makes a lot of sense in terms of geographical presence aswell due to the fact the bay area as a whole does not have Blood or crip gangs and instead has its own established gang culture that does not rely on colors (outside of the Norteno/Sureno/Border Brothers thing which itself is part of the bay area culture). It would also serve as a way to differentiate this server from every other server (since 100% of other RP servers have blood/crip/piru/hoover/Gangser Disciples/Latin Kings/etc gangs)

Edited by Ss4gogeta0
  • Like 3

Neaksy
Posted (edited)

Yeah. I've already said in previous forum discussions that Crips and Bloods factions don't exist in real-life SF. I don't see the point of switching to a new city so that LS-RP members can come here and make the same factions here. 

Honestly I think it would be more beneficial for the quality of roleplay on this server if those specific factions be banned.

More generally, I think there should be a rule that factions should fit the environment, so you can't have Bloods in SF or gangs in rich parts of the city, or Russian separatist factions in America, like we've seen before which makes no sense.

Not saying we should be 100% accurate which is what people will strawman but there are obviously limits with the city and its lack of ghetto neighborhoods, etc.

Edited by Neaksy
  • Like 2

Ss4gogeta0
1 minute ago, Neaksy said:

Yeah. I've already said in previous forum discussions that Crips and Bloods factions don't exist in real-life SF. I don't see the point of switching to a new city so that LS-RP members can come here and make the same factions here. 

Honestly I think it would be more beneficial for the quality of roleplay on this server if those specific factions be banned.

More generally, I think there should be a rule that factions should fit the environment, so you can't have Bloods in SF or gangs in rich parts of the city, or Russian separatist factions in America.

well for the gangs/city thing. there are areas in the San Fierro map that are mixed between certain crime infested areas in real life aswell as nearby rich areas (for instance the Fillmore district being mixed with Pacific Heights on the map while being called "Calton Heights" in GTA or the Western Addition & Tenderloin being labelled as "Financial" on the GTA map aswell)

so its kind of a mixed bag in terms of where gangs would be in real life and in san fierro

Petrichor
Posted (edited)

Maybe the staff (or you, if you want to) should make a guide for roleplaying gangs in SF. Doesn't have to be too long, could just be a brief overview of what kind of gangs do and don't occur in SF, how they behave, etc. If encouraging doesn't work, then banning might be the only option left.

Edit: I think this won't happen though since staff probably don't want to lose any players. I think encouraging and informing is the best way to go

Edited by Petrichor
  • Like 1

aktive

Unsupported, if all of our efforts into making a faction just vanish, I'd leave the server tbh.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Cash_Barti

Hell no. This’ll only limit roleplay.

You do realize banning Crip and Blood factions won’t resolve any DM, right? It’s about the players running the faction, not the faction’s idea itself.

Petrichor
15 minutes ago, Cash_Barti said:

You do realize banning Crip and Blood factions won’t resolve any DM, right? It’s about the players running the faction, not the faction’s idea itself.

It doesn't limit roleplay, it only enforces a sense of realism. There's enough other things to roleplay.

Ss4gogeta0
1 hour ago, Petrichor said:

Maybe the staff (or you, if you want to) should make a guide for roleplaying gangs in SF. Doesn't have to be too long, could just be a brief overview of what kind of gangs do and don't occur in SF, how they behave, etc. If encouraging doesn't work, then banning might be the only option left.

Working on it...

41 minutes ago, aktive said:

Unsupported, if all of our efforts into making a faction just vanish, I'd leave the server tbh.

15 minutes ago, Cash_Barti said:

Blood & Crip gangs could always be moved to the valley area if you guys really want them. besides, as I stated on discord... A majority of the blood/crip/hoover factions here are literally based on real LA gangs.

I mean if this is your idea of "Creativity" then I dont know what to tell you... Besides, do you even know anything about Bay area gangs?

• Like 1

Cash_Barti
4 minutes ago, Petrichor said:

It doesn't limit roleplay, it only enforces a sense of realism. There's enough other things to roleplay.

San Franciso isn’t San Fierro. Let people do what they want to do: if they’re not breaking rules, then they can do whatever they want. Go ahead and start your own faction and set an example for other players instead of shutting down other people’s factions when they’ve put months-work into it.

Danny

It's not about the DM, some factions of this type can actually role-play well. However much i wish this would've happen it wont, it's time to realize a lot of people here came from LSRP either because getting resources there is hard and expensive or cos they were banned, say whatever you want but it's /those/ players that come here and create LS based factions.

• Like 3

Ss4gogeta0
2 minutes ago, Cash_Barti said:

San Franciso isn’t San Fierro. Let people do what they want to do: if they’re not breaking rules, then they can do whatever they want. Go ahead and start your own faction and set an example for other players instead of shutting down other people’s factions when they’ve put months-work into it.

as I said in my previous post, they could also be relocated to Red County instead of being outright banned, since the valley is known for having Bloods & Crips.

besides, again. most of the factions in question are generic Blood & Crip gangs based on real ones that seem to have migrated from other servers to here

Petrichor
7 minutes ago, Cash_Barti said:

I'm not gonna have a long discussion here about whether SFI is SFR or not, but I think we can all agree on the fact that SFI isn't LA/LS either. So why are there Compton gangs here?

• Like 2

Neaksy
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Cash_Barti said:

That's what I said about "racist" factions and yet they're still banned (even if explicitly said to be peaceful) while DM-inducing factions like illegal street gangs—which actually heavily revolve around organized crime and attacking other gangs and terrorizing civilians—are tolerated. Funny how that works

Edited by Neaksy

Ss4gogeta0
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Neaksy said:

That's what I said about hate group factions and yet they're still banned while DM-inducing factions like illegal street gangs are tolerated. Funny how that works

I dont mind there being small hate groups in the rural areas like angel pine (most hate groups in Northern California are in said rural areas such as Pollock Pines and other such places) but the thing about hate groups is that players tend to take them waaaaaaaay too far (NGG being an example, where that shit spread into the forums and caused a number of players to leave the community)

Not everyone can separate roleplay from reality fully, even LSRP had a similar problem with people being heavily racist OOC which caused the mods to put a tighter clamp down... Same with Extremist and In game terrorist groups (players began to bait each other on the forums over middle eastern shit, The Hamas skin release a few years back is what caused the mods to outright forbid that kind of roleplay and they ended up banning a few people over it too)

Basically what I mean is that some people arent mature enough for that kind of stuff and end up ruining it for people who are

Edited by Ss4gogeta0
  • Haha 1

es.tv14^

how about we take out factions all togeather, make it a freeroam server. yeahhhhhhh