News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Petrichor

Raise welfare, decrease payment of scripted jobs

Petrichor

I know there's already a suggestion about raising the welfare, but I think this should be combined with lowering the payment of scripted jobs. Why shouldn't we reward roleplay instead of people who grind for money? I'd much rather see people actually roleplaying instead of performing RPG-ish jobs in an OOC fashion (such as gangsters suddenly being lumberjacks).

I've always had an aversion to these jobs. No one involved ever actually roleplays accordingly, and I can't name one single reason why we should reward those who RPG more than those who RP on a roleplay server. And people who are actually taxi drivers or lumberjacks will hopefully care more about the roleplay than the money anyways. I hope this will be taken seriously and I hope that everyone understands the big impact this could have on the server. 

• Like 3

MKULTRA

Supporting. To expand further, I think new players should be given money until their total assets value reach a certain amount (i.e 100k) so they can focus on roleplaying and developing a character instead of grinding like they're on a RPG game. When a player reaches the wealth limit he would receive a basic welfare of say $500 to pay for basic commodities and he would have to make money via roleplaying or scripted jobs.

Turtle

Yes more food stamps less workers.

Singh

You are right! 

sick
Posted (edited)

Yeah, this is something we should consider. Managing a proper economy is hard, and it should be carefully figured out.

Honestly, I would raise it to an amount where it'd take 15-20 ingame hours to make just enough money to buy a cheap car. Also, raise level 1-3's paychecks slightly (50% at most), just so they don't have to waste time grinding for a car, because they want to roleplay their character having a car once he arrives to San Fierro.

Edited by sick
  • Like 1

Bluman
On 27/04/2018 at 5:22 PM, Petrichor said:

I know there's already a suggestion about raising the welfare, but I think this should be combined with lowering the payment of scripted jobs. Why shouldn't we reward roleplay instead of people who grind for money? I'd much rather see people actually roleplaying instead of performing RPG-ish jobs in an OOC fashion (such as gangsters suddenly being lumberjacks).

I've always had an aversion to these jobs. No one involved ever actually roleplays accordingly, and I can't name one single reason why we should reward those who RPG more than those who RP on a roleplay server. And people who are actually taxi drivers or lumberjacks will hopefully care more about the roleplay than the money anyways. I hope this will be taken seriously and I hope that everyone understands the big impact this could have on the server. 

I agree with this, but it seems a lot of people seem to think that gangsters don't have real jobs. In real life, gang members work in shops and fast food places among other minimum wage places. I've heard about a few having skilled jobs aswell, a lot of people have the mentality that all gang members act like prison gangs where they're insociable and only gain money from dealing and smuggling.

Although that's not the case, I do agree that it's weird to see a full server of gangsters doing scripted jobs.

• Like 1

SOONAREAROLEPLAY

Less grinding for money and more RP, agreed! We should make money while RPing as much as we'd make while grinding, to be honest.

• Like 1

Bluman
15 minutes ago, Buck said:

Less grinding for money and more RP, agreed! We should make money while RPing as much as we'd make while grinding, to be honest.

It's more a case of either using scripted jobs to earn $100 at a time, or establish a good deal between two parties and get about $30k-50k. It's possible, and if people want to stick to the script grinding then so be it.