• Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Bluman

Trucking - Feature Documentation

Bluman
Posted (edited)

Reading through the feature documentation, looking forward to seeing all this stuff in game. I noticed on the trucking job thread regarding renting vehicles:

If you can't afford to pay the fee with your on-hand money then we'll take it from the bank. If you can't  afford it there either, your vehicle will be taken away.

Adding to realism, instead of just booting the driver out why not add a feature where the NPC rental office reports it to the SFPD or there's some sort of killswitch in the vehicle. It might become common for people not to keep track of their money and end up with their truck teleporting from existence and being stranded in the middle of nowhere.

It would offer some sort of roleplay aspect for the police to track it down and either a towing division or a separate recovery faction coming to take it from the road and back to the depot. This could also open possibilities of being stuck out in the sticks and a group of no-gooders end up hassling you, although I see why this could be bad for the server (looking at how ngg was plagued with nonrp truck robberies).

2 hours ago, BYLUG said:

I am particularly intrigued by the NPC rental office reporting it to police authorities. Have all trucking rental vehicles traceable by law enforcement to avoid users abusing the vehicles to use them for alternative means. Perhaps have these unpaid vehicles show in the police's MDC (could have a tab on the MDC, for example: "Reported stolen vehicles") where it is easier to locate rental trucks which have not been paid for. Overall, impressive idea which I'd like to see implemented in the near future.

Edited by Bluman
  • Like 1

The Don

Would be interesting to see a towing division or just any type of vehicle recovery.

• Thanks 1

BYLUG

I am particularly intrigued by the NPC rental office reporting it to police authorities. Have all trucking rental vehicles traceable by law enforcement to avoid users abusing the vehicles to use them for alternative means. Perhaps have these unpaid vehicles show in the police's MDC (could have a tab on the MDC, for example: "Reported stolen vehicles") where it is easier to locate rental trucks which have not been paid for. Overall, impressive idea which I'd like to see implemented in the near future.

Bluman
2 hours ago, BYLUG said:

That's a good addition, I'll quote that under the original suggestion. It's also possible to trace the person who last purchased and last drove it, which could be implemented aswell.