• Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Snob

/meter and Impounder job

Snob
Posted (edited)

A parking meter used for the right to park a vehicle in a particular area is a nice idea in my opinion, an approximate time to park your vehicle would be an hour.

An Impounder job given by admin to legal factions such as SFPD and SADoR, /tow ID used to attach a car with wrecker, /impound ID REASON used to Impound the vehicle.

The parking meter object is ID 1269.

Vx5YReI.jpg

Edited by Snob

Cash_Barti

Please no. I've seen this abused on hella servers people just go around towing whoever they don't like vehicle's or tow any vehicle they see parked in ghettos to prank gangs. Let things be more based by mouth and not by script.

Snob
Just now, Cash_Barti said:

Please no. I've seen this abused on hella servers people just go around towing whoever they don't like vehicle's or tow any vehicle they see parked in ghettos to prank gangs. Let things be more based by mouth and not by script.

The job would be given by an admin to official factions as I said, there is no chance for them to abuse it.

devin
23 minutes ago, Snob said:

The job would be given by an admin to official factions as I said, there is no chance for them to abuse it.

Anyone can abuse anything 

Snob
Posted (edited)

Impounder job is something essentiel in order to make roleplay like any other roleplay server, I have never seen someone abusing that or /taser or any faction command, of course because each faction have their own rules and handbooks.

12 minutes ago, devin said:

Anyone can abuse anything 

Yes sure we know that, it doesn't have anything to do with my two suggestions!

Edited by Snob

devin
4 minutes ago, Snob said:

Impounder job is something essentiel in order to make roleplay like any other roleplay server, I have never seen someone abusing that or /taser or any faction command, of course because each faction have their own rules and handbooks.

Yes sure we know that, it doesn't have anything to do with my two suggestions!

Then don't say "there is no chance for them to abuse it.". 

• Confused 1

thatoneiowan
5 hours ago, Snob said:

and SADoR, 

While I appreciate the thought SanDOR is not a law enforcement or code enforcement agency so we do not have any particular interest in removal of illegally parked vehicles. At most we would be responsible for evaluation of roadway and traffic safety in relation to parking (and more specifically, no parking) zones and areas and erect appropriate signage as needed (No Parking signs)

I do think that if this were to go through, it would ideally be carried out by a private towing company that law enforcement has contract with or alternatively having the enforcement agency remove vehicles directly but I'm not really sold on the need for meters personally. It does give an in character revenue source to the city but I don't think it has much of a place given that this is a game to play for fun. Would also require the city to set ordinances for the possibility of free weekend parking like some places actually have

Guest kane

I don't know about the meter but I've been wanting to do an impounder job, one that's outside of the PD. 

Maybe players can apply for it on PDs site or on here. We'll see, accepting this though. 

Sign in to follow this