Sign in to follow this  
Jszx

Criticism

Jszx    3
Jszx

1. You said the server will open at 11/11 but still is not open. That is not responsible imo. 

2. Why some people get admin position just because they are ex LSRP admins? We should start from beginning, all of us. Not taking admins from LSRP past. Maybe ill make good admin too but noone giving change to us who are not well-know. There are no applications for admin, no nothing. Or tester. This server wont success is you do this unfair things from beginning. 

3. Damian doesnt respond on discord when we ask for his help. If he is going to be with his nose up in sky from begginning then what is the point. Managers need to be friendly with us commonity. Rehaser doesnt respond too and same go for him. 

4. Why do you split community on donators admins and other when community mean all to be same. Same color and everyting. 

5. Why you dont use new samp version with skins?.

6. I herd that BARP will merge with RCRP. You ahould not do this cause we want new server not again on RCRP. 

Hope you wont delete this thread cause crititism should be alowed. Peace. 

• Like 2

Wee Man    6
Wee Man

1. I'm sure that it being delayed will improve the server, well it should anyway... Just be patient I'm sure you have other things to do.

2. Who cares who the admins are, when the server is up if they are not doing what they're required to do there will probably be changes.

3.  They're probably busy, no doubt other members could probably help.

4. Again, who cares... They donated.

5. You could just mod your game? Takes two seconds anyway.

6. I'm not active enough to know an answer to this.

• Like 3

Survivalmaster    40
Survivalmaster
  1. Dates change all the time, if you want a stable working server with little to no bugs it takes time, think of it as creating a program.
  2. Admins are picked via the owners discretion, it's not up to us and that's fine, management do what they do, we are players, we get to play and enjoy what they provide.
  3. I see all the time members helping each other in discord and forums, you don't always need a administrator to help you.
  4. It's not splitting the community, surely if you donated you'd want something more than just a well done.
  5. Modding you files is very simple, hell you can even request modders such as me to create custom stuff, server-side mods will come at a later date as far as I am aware.
  6. I don't think BARP will merge with RCRP, I'm ex RCRP and would prefer it didn't if it is but I should doubt it will, we're a separate community as far as I am aware.
  • Like 2

tw1ster    388
tw1ster

1.) It was an ETA, it said it was subject to change, so make sure you read the entire post. The server is going to be released when it's ready and not a day before that.

2.) The server isn't even open yet and there was no community to pick from, considering none of us are even in game. It's a lot easier to choose people who have proven they can handle the task of being an admin. Not all of our admins were from LS:RP either.

3.) Damian has to worry about scripting, he isn't anyone's personal assistant and isn't obliged to respond to your "help" - try asking for an admin who isn't busy trying to make the server playable and spending all of their free time scripting. If he spent all day talking on Discord we wouldn't have a server anytime soon.

4.) It's literally a color on Discord so you're recognized for contributing to keep the server alive. You deserve to be rewarded for making donations to keep the server going and upgrading it.

5.) It's currently in beta, it has no Linux support, we can't update the server until it does.

6.) Not everything you hear is true.

If you have any legitimate criticism (hard to really do that considering, again, the server isn't even open.) consider making a thread where you actually logically criticize things instead of being aloof to what's actually happening and being so gullible that every rumor you hear, you fall for.

• Like 7

Akiba    95
Akiba

Tw1ster has already answered everything but I'm gonna chime in with answering number 2.

Damian and Rehasher chose people that they know and trust, trust is an integral part of a staff team. There's nothing unfair about it, no server owner in their right mind will launch with an admin team they don't know or trust. Eventually a helper position will need to be fulfilled and applications will open, but until then it's just how it is. You even mentioned yourself "Why not give admin to those of us not well known" that's a moot point as I answered before, you're unknown and by extension not trusted.

• Like 3

TeodoraMk    84
TeodoraMk

1. The opening date at first was 11th of November, indeed, however it has always been written under it that it's a subject to change so therefore I believe they postponed the opening because of some scripting and mapping stuff. To make it better. After all, I believe it's not easy to create and run a samp server, but if you looked into the mapping sneak peak thread, you would've noticed that the mapped objects are really nice so far, so it's worth waiting for it.

2. LSRP is a different community so I'm sure those admins that were admins on LS-RP didn't get their admin position here just because they were admins there. I suppose that they are recognized players on the SAMP scene and are capable of doing their admin duties. It's same like irl, when the ones with more experience have a better chance than those with no experience. But you'll get a chance to prove yourself if you want to become an admin! :) You shouldn't aim for an admin when you don't even seem to know this community to the fullest, judged from your questions.

3. While I'm all for casuality on gaming communities, there's a certain hierarchy as well. Me for example, as a regular member, I have no things to do on this server other than chill on discord, chill on the forums and wait for the server to open then play on it. But Damian for example, I believe he has a lot of scripting/mapping to do. But he is present on discord to moderate the discord together with the rest of the staff team. Reharsher for example, he's active a lot on discord and regularly chats with us all in the general chat. At one point, he even invited us to play a game with him, even though he doesn't know all of us. I've never met the guy for example, yet I could chat with him casually, but also to receive donator related help. Maybe them two were busy when you messaged them, especially if the little circle next to the name is yellow or red. When I'm yellow or red, I don't respond to people neither because I'm not there or doing something else on the PC, so I don't even receive discord notifications, nor do I open them. We all have other things to take care of, no one is getting paid for this and staff team aren't a tech support to sit all day on the discord and reply to people's questions. You could've asked any other member, in the general chat or some other admins.

4. It's not splitting, it's simply like a reward for donating. I doubt anyone has a problem with this, since it's normal to receive something for your money, other than just getting a "thank you" for helping the server with money.

5. I don't know what that samp version is, so I'll refrain from answering to this question.

6. I haven't heard such thing so yeah...but I don't think that this will happen, because why would they bother to map and script a whole new server if their plans were to merge with the RCRP community.

I hope I've helped out. Welcome to the server and enjoy your stay and worry less about such things! :)

• Like 6

Rehasher    591
Rehasher

I will answer a few while I'm on my phone I have an awards ceremony in 30 minutes.

- staff, I'm not from LSRP I didn't know who they were they seemed the most professional and they looked like they had a lot of experience and have contributed a lot to the server, and not all are from LSRP

- we are NOT merging with RCRP

- Damian and I are really busy we can't answer everyone just now on discord, forum posts are better

- the release date clearly says "subject to change" please respect that the script needs to be stable and good enough for you guys

- donators aren't seperated from regular players, they literally get a color on discord and access to a premium channel for contributing although nobody even speaks in it 

- why on earth would we release on 0.3.8 which is currently only an RC build that has a few bugs already, no server listing and 80% of people don't have the client installed so the playerbase wouldn't be the best

again sorry for the response I'm trying to get ready 

• Like 3

smallz    48
smallz

afaik, the date was subject to change and if maybe you do not properly understand English that means that they can postpone the date anytime they want.

ends    31
ends

people are impossible to please. you dont set a date, everybody will spam the fuck out of you til you set a date or else the hype dies down. if you set a date and eventually push it back (even though it clearly says the date is subject to change, in other words, it can get changed at any given time if deemed necessary), everybody complains.

please be reasonable, staff are people too. #StaffLivesMatter

King!    24
King!

All I can say is

7fd66e92e0be28b8e48ea36abdc65c0d.jpg

This happens to every newly developed servers

One's opinion won't define this server's quality

Edited by King!

Gøøner    7
Gøøner

Only thing I don't like so far is that there are still no off topic and foreign subforums and the thing that admins don't respond on pm-s.

tw1ster    388
tw1ster
22 minutes ago, Gøøner said:

Only thing I don't like so far is that there are still no off topic and foreign subforums and the thing that admins don't respond on pm-s.

I respond to all of my PM's and go out of my way to talk to people. You can't generalize all of us because I sure do try. Foreign section on the forums aren't a priority yet but they're in the plans to be added, we have to go through the process of finding someone to moderate every subsection we add (which is tedious as hell.) and that takes time. Just try to be patient and things will come, our main priority is getting a server out and then the rest will fall in line.

• Like 2

ends    31
ends
8 minutes ago, tw1ster said:

I respond to all of my PM's and go out of my way to talk to people. You can't generalize all of us because I sure do try. Foreign section on the forums aren't a priority yet but they're in the plans to be added, we have to go through the process of finding someone to moderate every subsection we add (which is tedious as hell.) and that takes time. Just try to be patient and things will come, our main priority is getting a server out and then the rest will fall in line.

dont worry mane we know ur very involved, most of us appreciate the stuff you guys do even though it may not seem so at times.

• Like 2

Culture045    297
Culture045

I myself, do not come from LSRP and nor do a few others.  I know for a fact that we have a great team here,  everyone is friendly,  professional and supportive. 

Also,  I know its a different kettle of fish but there are many AAA titles out there that get delayed. Why? Because they are simply not ready for release,  just as we are.

Personally,  I would rather wait.