• Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Formidable

Game can't start

Question

Formidable

So I've got the Steam version of GTA San Andreas but I've used a downgrader to optimize my game. (This does not cause any problem)

However, every now and then I get a warning once I try to join any SAMP server or play the singleplayer mode stating: 'gta_sa.exe - No Disk; No disk was found in the station, place the right disk in station E:.' (Roughly translated)

I've tried multiple methods including this one but every now and then I get the message that was stated above ^. I've therefore reinstalled my complete game for almost 5 times, downgraded again, tried the same method but after playing the game roughly 2-3 times I get the error again meaning I have to reinstall it again which is sickening.

If anybody has a clue how to fix this issue forever (meaning I won't have to reinstall my game over and over again) I'd gladly hear your reply,

Thanks already.

12 answers to this question

St1ll3r__

Did you try getting a "crack" for it? So it doesn't ask for GTA SA disc all the time?

You can simply search for GTA SA version 1.0 and replace your gta_sa.exe with it and it should start working properly (I guess, never had steam version but I heard its pretty bad when it comes to modding and samp in general).

I'd appreciate feedback so I can help you or close the case 

Formidable
46 minutes ago, St1ll3r__ said:

Did you try getting a "crack" for it? So it doesn't ask for GTA SA disc all the time?

You can simply search for GTA SA version 1.0 and replace your gta_sa.exe with it and it should start working properly (I guess, never had steam version but I heard its pretty bad when it comes to modding and samp in general).

I'd appreciate feedback so I can help you or close the case 😁

I've already downloaded and installed a version of the V1.0. Yet it is still giving me the same error every now and then.

St1ll3r__
47 minutes ago, Formidable said:

I've already downloaded and installed a version of the V1.0. Yet it is still giving me the same error every now and then.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GLCnBrbm013vHTc1u_e0RpNIFtRMVp2K

This is my gta_sa.exe, it is working for me, try it for yourself, I don't have many hopes but yeah... Steam version is really messy 

Formidable
23 minutes ago, Mikee said:

Solved? @Formidable

Nope

Mikee
27 minutes ago, Formidable said:

Nope

What I can suggest to you is to download GTA SA from another mirror.

Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/file/d25qtxtblihmu7k/GTASanAndreas.rar
After downloading this zip file you will just have to extract it and reinstall SAMP 0.3.DL; then you can play.

Kev

Hey there, I've got a pretty detailed guide on different ways you can resolve this issue:

it's a thorough read but it's worth it, let me know if it helps you and what method worked for you 

Fez

Try deleting all known GTA folders on your computer and installing it in a different location or disk if you have multiple, if not try repeating this but also deleting all registry entries which are linked to GTA San Andreas at all (before installing it again in a different location).

Formidable

I will try these suggestions soon thanks y'all for replying

Boss

Has your issue been resolved?

Formidable
14 hours ago, Boss said:

Has your issue been resolved?

Yes

Mikee

Locked & Archived