• Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Trumavarium

Removal of reputation

Trumavarium

Hello,

Perhaps I will sound like a party pooper for saying this, though I don't see the reason behind the whole "Press Like!" thing on a forum like this. Surely, it may be considered a social media, but not in that sense. Not only can the reputation score be tampered with either by having alternative accounts liking your own posts, or having your friends gang up to like each others posts etc.

Does it have any value at all, except that it's based on certainty on who sees your posts and who reads them? Essentially it's based on timing.

Kind regards,
Trumavarium

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Jesse Brown

I don't see an issue with the reputation necessarily, as it really doesn't matter unless you want it to.

• Like 2

JohnnyV

Support!

Anomaly

I don't see an issue with having that, just brings fun for some players.

• Like 1

Queen

I don't see an issue lol I like the ability to like/react to posts 

• Like 1

Extendo

No.

Boss

Having the ability to react to someone's post is actually beneficial. It saves time from people commenting, "I agree", when they can just hit the like button for example. I also do not see why it would matter for people boost up their reputation, there is no point of it. No considerations or benefits are provided to those with high reputations. The benefit of having this system is just to give people a much more convenient way to react to posts, whether that's a like, thank you, funny, etc.

I vote to keep it as is.

• Like 3

Singh

Well, yeah, I have several accounts and I like my own posts. 😂

Come on! 

Kev
1 hour ago, Boss said:

Having the ability to react to someone's post is actually beneficial. It saves time from people commenting, "I agree", when they can just hit the like button for example. I also do not see why it would matter for people boost up their reputation, there is no point of it. No considerations or benefits are provided to those with high reputations. The benefit of having this system is just to give people a much more convenient way to react to posts, whether that's a like, thank you, funny, etc.

I vote to keep it as is.

Blackburn

Rep is good, ability to like posts is usefull as we have a feedback from a person who reacts

es.tv14^

I am much popular, if lose I leave

• Like 1

Junior045

No

thatoneiowan
3 hours ago, Boss said:

Having the ability to react to someone's post is actually beneficial. It saves time from people commenting, "I agree", when they can just hit the like button for example

1 hour ago, Kev said:
3 hours ago, Boss said:

Having the ability to react to someone's post is actually beneficial. It saves time from people commenting, "I agree", when they can just hit the like button for example

ironic

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mikee

No need to be so rude boys ... it is just a suggestion...

However I think he's both right and wrong .. He's right when he says that it should not be confused with a social network, but to me he is wrong because reputation (in addition to other factors) often invites users to work on the forum.

• Like 1

Danny
Posted (edited)

I wouldn't want to see reputation removed. It shows how many likes someone has compared to their post count, which shows the rest that his/hers replies or topics are valuable and worth reading.

Edited by Danny
  • Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this