News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Danny

Two suggestions regarding profile info

Danny
Posted (edited)

1) Remove the default avatar, so that when someone who chose not to have an avatar makes a post or reply it only shows his name and the stats.

84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default_photo.png

2) Remove ''Character(s)'' if there is nothing written under that section.

Edited by Danny
  • Like 3

Mikee

Yeah, agreed.

Danny
Posted (edited)

Updated.

Edited by Danny

Thuggy

Both suggestions are solid and I agree. If it's easy to implement, that's something I don't know. I suggest merging your second suggestion into your main post.

@Giga

• Thanks 1

Jesse Brown
Posted (edited)

We should just go to phpbb, far more superior than Invision. There is a reason why phpbb is used frequently, it's an amazing forum CMS.

Edited by Jesse Brown
  • Like 2

Danny
3 minutes ago, Jesse Brown said:

We should just go to phpbb, far more superior than Invision. 

I'd rather not change it, Invision has a superior text edit tool as well as imo better aesthetics. Also i very much associate BA-RP with Invision already.

Jesse Brown
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Danny said:

I'd rather not change it, Invision has a superior text edit tool as well as imo better aesthetics. Also i very much associate BA-RP with Invision already.

Aesthetics are relative to themes, which phpbb has a wider selection anyways, and if you know basic css you can manipulate as you please. As far as continuity, load times, compatibility, and user friendliness phpbb > invision. The only real upside to invision is that it's easier for non-devs to understand permissions as phpbb is not as forgiving in that territory.

Apologies for de-railing the thread, but I agree, the no avatar 'avatar' should be removed lol.

Edited by Jesse Brown
  • Like 1

Thuggy
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Jesse Brown said:

The only real upside to invision is that it's easier for non-devs to understand permissions as phpbb is not as forgiving in that territory.

The only problem we have in regards to the boards are internal permissions, so I can't really agree with that statement!

Edited by Thuggy

Jesse Brown
Posted (edited)
On 3/31/2018 at 12:49 PM, Thuggy said:

The only problem we have in regards to the boards are internal permissions, so I can't really agree with that statement!

Shouldn't be much of a problem, if we had more developers on the web side of things

@kane pick up the slack whippinboy

Edited by Jesse Brown

Thuggy
Posted (edited)

I'm not entirely sure what the problems are with our permissions, but I'm sure Giga will chip in and give us the scoop. 

Edited by Thuggy

Giga
On 4/1/2018 at 1:05 AM, Drew said:

We should just go to phpbb, far more superior than Invision. There is a reason why phpbb is used frequently, it's an amazing forum CMS.

Incorrect. phpBB is not in any way superior as compared to other popular forum softwares. phpBB is more used by various communities because it is free and user-friendly, wherein other advanced forum softwares such as Invision and XenForo are paid softwares, and would need some sort of skill and knowledge to master forum administration.

I am also not (no longer, in fact) a fan of using Invision, but routing towards phpBB is also a bad choice. It has a lot of flaws than what you think it is. I would rather switch to XenForo than migrating to phpBB.

Going on topic, the only way to remove the default avatar for those who have none is by committing changed from the backend, which only Rehasher has access to. Blank characters, meanwhile, could only be done by developing a plugin that will amend that function from the core files. While making changes to the core files itself is easier, it is not the most pleasant idea either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1