News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
west.

Exploding cars

west.

Not sure, if this has been suggested or not. I was thinking if there was a way to make it so vehicles don't explode when they are fired upon by weapons. Also prevent vehicles from blowing up after being repeatedly punched. P.S. not sure if you can do this script-wise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mikee
59 minutes ago, west. said:

Not sure, if this has been suggested or not. I was thinking if there was a way to make it so vehicles don't explode when they are fired upon by weapons. Also prevent vehicles from blowing up after being repeatedly punched. P.S. not sure if you can do this script-wise.

Yeah, there's a way to make it so vehicles don't explode. However, I disagree bro, because imagine if your vehicle flips... it would bring a lot of problems...

Example...
Your vehicle flips and continues losing HPs til it goes on fire.

The system continues fixing your vehicle..

Your vehicle continues losing HPs..

How can you fix that? You should call an administrator.. What if there aren't administrators online but only helpers?

Trumavarium

It's not realistic, no. But it's necessary for the cars to blow up when being shot at and when turned upside down. Firstly, you should fear your vehicle from blowing up as it will decrease its value, but also it might remove things that's inside it (weapons, drugs).

Secondly, a car that has flipped must despawn somehow. By having it explode, is most convenient for all.

However, you're right about one thing: Hitting a car with fists or melees shouldn't damage the car enough for it to explode.

Avery

Blow up only when a scriptwise bomb has been planted and exploded remotely.
Engine malfunction to the point where the car can only be towed away is the only realistic thing. Shooting a car IRL will take a loooooooooooot of bullets in order to get something lighted up so hard that you get an explosion.

• Thanks 1

Nightmare
Posted (edited)

Cars don't explode that easy in real life so yeah, I am supporting this, it's realistic. I also want to add that every time your engine breaks down, your engine life and battery should be lowered which will make the drivers be more careful when driving. I am going to explain why I agree with this suggestion by giving an example. My example is, in real life, if a car blows up, you lose the car, you don't lose the engine and the battery so why should we let the cars explode? The cop chases will be more realistic as well and it won't look like a chase that you see on a cops and robbers server where the cops just chase you until your car blows up. Now, let's say that your car blows up, you lose battery and engine life, ICly you lose the car because it was blown up but OOCly, you as a player know that you have lost the engine and battery life so my question is, does that stop you from driving like an idiot, crashing into vehicles and skipping the crash after because it was caused by a fake "lag" or by any other reason? The answer is no. I have seen that script that west suggested working and trust me, only a few people skipped the collisions because their car lost HP and the minimum amount of HP you could have was 510 I think, if you reached 500 HP on /dl, your car broke down. Even when you flipped the car, your HP was stuck at 500, the script kept giving it 500 HP if it got lower because when a car is flipped, the HP is dropping so it kept it at 500 unless you exited the vehicle, that's when it blew up. It encouraged roleplay because people were RPing being stuck in the vehicle and we would stay there for minutes to get the driver out.

I personally don't see a reason why this script shouldn't be added, I don't think it can be abused and it would encourage roleplay and people to drive carefully or else their car will break down and they will have to call a tow truck to take it to a PnS or a mechanic garage. As for the bombs, if a bomb has been placed on a car and it exploded, the script wouldn't stop it from actually blowing up.

Edited by Nightmare
  • Like 2

crimeson

make it that hitting the gas tank is a one hit explode like in singleplayer!

BYLUG
On 3/31/2018 at 12:11 PM, Nightmare said:

Cars don't explode that easy in real life so yeah, I am supporting this, it's realistic. I also want to add that every time your engine breaks down, your engine life and battery should be lowered which will make the drivers be more careful when driving. I am going to explain why I agree with this suggestion by giving an example. My example is, in real life, if a car blows up, you lose the car, you don't lose the engine and the battery so why should we let the cars explode? The cop chases will be more realistic as well and it won't look like a chase that you see on a cops and robbers server where the cops just chase you until your car blows up. Now, let's say that your car blows up, you lose battery and engine life, ICly you lose the car because it was blown up but OOCly, you as a player know that you have lost the engine and battery life so my question is, does that stop you from driving like an idiot, crashing into vehicles and skipping the crash after because it was caused by a fake "lag" or by any other reason? The answer is no. I have seen that script that west suggested working and trust me, only a few people skipped the collisions because their car lost HP and the minimum amount of HP you could have was 510 I think, if you reached 500 HP on /dl, your car broke down. Even when you flipped the car, your HP was stuck at 500, the script kept giving it 500 HP if it got lower because when a car is flipped, the HP is dropping so it kept it at 500 unless you exited the vehicle, that's when it blew up. It encouraged roleplay because people were RPing being stuck in the vehicle and we would stay there for minutes to get the driver out.

I personally don't see a reason why this script shouldn't be added, I don't think it can be abused and it would encourage roleplay and people to drive carefully or else their car will break down and they will have to call a tow truck to take it to a PnS or a mechanic garage. As for the bombs, if a bomb has been placed on a car and it exploded, the script wouldn't stop it from actually blowing up.

Exactly. It provides more role-play opportunities and mitigates any "refund request" or other issues due to vehicles blowing up, which is again, unrealistic.

Culture
On 31/03/2018 at 8:11 PM, Nightmare said:

+ 1

• Like 1

sick
On 31. 3. 2018 at 10:43 AM, Mikee said:

Yeah, there's a way to make it so vehicles don't explode. However, I disagree bro, because imagine if your vehicle flips... it would bring a lot of problems...

Example...

How can you fix that? You should call an administrator.. What if there aren't administrators online but only helpers?

When a vehicle explodes, put it in a "damaged state" that only a mechanic can fix.

Everytime your vehicle reaches fatal damage, it gets healed to safe HP and it gets flipped back to it's normal state.

That is possible scriptwise.

Glenson
On 3/31/2018 at 10:43 AM, Mikee said:

Example...

It's not that hard to script that when a vehicle flips it'll blow up and when normally damaged it will not blow up. I've seen plenty of servers with this system.

• Like 1

Trumavarium
On 2018-03-31 at 9:11 PM, Nightmare said:

Even when you flipped the car, your HP was stuck at 500, the script kept giving it 500 HP if it got lower because when a car is flipped, the HP is dropping so it kept it at 500 unless you exited the vehicle, that's when it blew up. It encouraged roleplay because people were RPing being stuck in the vehicle and we would stay there for minutes to get the driver out.

This would do so, so, so much for nearly all fatal crashes as well as the ending scenes in cop chases. Looks quite silly with people exiting their cars being upside down because it catches fire and they simply "/sit" in the air to portray the car still being there.

MONEY_MAKING_SCHEME

Make it so that if your car HP reaches a specific point (~300 or so), the engine will turn off, won't start anymore, and your car HP will either be stuck in place if possible scriptwise, or you will be frozen so that you don't lose the car. I think it's possible to keep a car at a specific HP even if it's flipped, it's just a subtle repair command.

Sign in to follow this