• Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Guest kane

Development Blog - April 2018

Guest kane
Bay Area Roleplay

April 2018 Development Blog

Development Team

Hey everyone. It became apparent that we needed to become more transparent with the state of servers development as the weeks went by since the decision to lock the server was made. This development blog will serve as an update of the servers current development state and where we're at. This blog does not include a release date of the server. 

As of MARCH 30TH, 2018 the current patch notes for 1.0 are: The current patch notes do not represent the final quality of the revision as we will keep optimizing existing content and adding new features. 1.0 includes additions, bug fixes and changes. 

#ADDITIONS:

- Base Drug System.      [Kane]

- Graffiti System. (Info at Feature Doc. forum)   [Kane]

- Vehicle Modding System.   [DamianC / Kane (C)]

- Vehicle /lock Breakin System.  [DamianC / Kane (C)]

- Property Weapon Storage system.   [Kane]

- Property Drug Storage system.   [Kane]

- Vehicle Drug Storage system.   [Kane]

- Strawman System.   [Kane]

- Back door system for Properties. (Info at Prop. Management)   [Kane]

- Damage inflicted to vehicles will cause health loss for occupants.  [Kane]

- Damage inflicted by Fists to players with armor will only affect health.  [Kane]

- Vehicles will now spawn with their last health and damage status.   [Kane]

- Secure vehicles (SWAT, etc...) will spawn with an increase in vehicle health.  [Kane]

- Added Sailing Vehicles to dealerships.  [Kane]

- Players can now press H to lean in/out of a vehicle without re-entering.  [Kane]

- Improvements to Vehicle Weapon storage. ( Old weapons can be recovered via /refundme. )   [Kane]

- Roadblock System for Government factions.  [Kane]

- Player Notes System.  [Kane]

- Traffic Signs.   [Rehasher]

- NPC Tram that travels San Fierro.  [Rehasher / Kar]

- Redesigned the Login Screen.  [Rehasher]

- Redesigned the Character Selection UI.  [Rehasher]

- Added /appearance. Customize your appearance description.  [Kane]

- Traffic Signs and Street Signs are now breakable.   [Rehasher]

- Vehicle Fines System.   [Kane]

- Added /carwhisper.  [Kane]

- Added /rollwindow.  [Kane]

- Phone Selfie System.  [Kar]

- Added /v lights alias for /lights.  [Kane]

- Added level display to /id.   [Rehasher]

#CHANGES:

- Raised the height of player death labels.  [Rehasher]

- GPS textdraws will no longer show if inside an interior.  [Rehasher]

- Increased on foot range required to open a gate.  [Kar]

- Forum account login messages will only show if there's been a change in account.  [Kane]

- You can no longer /weapon on weapons you don't have.  [Kane]

- Vehicles fuel and mileage are now properly stored.  [Kane]

- You can no longer use /stopanim to circumvent the lumberjack job duties.  [Kane]

- No longer able to /starttruck without being in a driver's seat.  [Kane]

- You can now /id player IDs.  [Kane]

- Improved fuel refill process and commands.  [Kane]

#BUG FIXES:

- Can no longer /whisper yourself.  [Kane]

- Fixed an issue where player owned vehicles where sometimes being recognised as a faction vehicle.   [Rehasher]
- Fixed an issue where if players are getting called from the last player logged in with the same ID.   [Rehasher]

- Fixed an issue where /advert messages were splitting improperly.   [Kane]

- Fixed a typo with cell assignments message.  [Rehasher]

- Addressed being able to use your phone while dead screened.  [Kane]

- Addressed being able to use certain phone commands while not having your phone out.  [Kane]

- Addressed an issue with /sellhouse.  [Kane]

- Addressed an issue with Accessories not saving when bought.  [Kane]

- Addressed issues with players entering interiors not loading fast enough.   [Kane]

- Addressed issues with /logout.  [Kane]

- Exiting / entering properties will now stop / start their radio stream.   [Kane]

- Addressed an issue with players being recognized as the owner of a vehicle they don't own.   [Kane]
- Addressed issues with /putgun editing the wrong object.   [Kane]

- You can no longer pass/drop items while dead. (Weapons/drinks/etc)   [Kane]

- Addressed issue with /advert wait time. Time now saves on logout.  [Kane]

- Addressed /starttruck with owned vehicles. You no longer need to pay $100.  [Kane]

- Addressed the issue with time textdraw not displaying. [Kane]
- Addressed an issue with GPS textdraw not clearing when leaving / entering certain areas.   [Kane]

- Fixed the bug where a /pay message was sent to the wrong client.   [Kane]
- Addressed an issue where players were kicked out of vehicles.   [Kane]
- Addressed an issue where DMV notifications would show in rare occasions.   [Kane]
- Addressed issues with the phone system.  [Kane]
- Addressed issues with bare interiors system.   [Kane]

- Using /phone on a bike will no longer reshow the speeder.   [Kane]
- Fixed an issue where PF license cooldowns didn't work as intended.   [Kane]
- Fixed an issue where /heal wasn't completely healing another player.   [Rehasher]

I'll reiterate that The current patch notes do not represent the final quality of the revision as we will keep optimizing existing content and adding new features.  We have exciting plans for 1.0 and we hope that the wait will be worth it for everyone. 

#Addressing donators:

We're grateful to everyone who's been patient so far. I know we've said we'll put out a list of donator features. That hasn't happened yet and all I can do right now is extend my apologies for the wait and inconvenience. The wait doesn't come without reason, however. We're going to ensure that every donator feature we have thought out is IMPLEMENTED and a hundred percent.

A list of features will be posted as soon as possible in its respective information boards. 

#Addressing the release date:

I've put it out there on multiple occasions that we won't be putting out a release date until we're 100 percent certain that we're at a good place with the script. I don't think it'll be that long but there'll unfortunately continue to be a wait. The best thing you can do is wait for now and I'll also reiterate what I said in a previous thread:

If an estimate was given by someone from outside the lead development or management team than it's most likely false. If it wasn't from Rehasher,DamianC, or I don't bother about it. We're going through the same phase with the community that we went through before the first launch. You ask for a date. We give you an estimate date. We're not satisfied with the state of the script when that date has arrived so we call it off. All there would be is more disappointment from the community.

I understand where you're coming from though. If I wasn't in the staff team, I'd probably be asking for estimates. The team and I have been working on additions and fixes to the script since we've locked it down, I can assure you that. We're doing our best to get it along as fast as possible. I can personally assure that to you all. I wouldn't want to disappoint again, especially after putting as many hours into this community that I have. I was probably the most let down by the release being a flop. The bottom line is if we gave an estimate it'd hurt more than it'd help ya. If I were to say... Summer of 2018, you'd probably be outraged by waiting 3 more months. If I said April 1st and we get there and we tell you we aren't ready? More outrage from the community. 

#Other notes:

If you're out of date with what's going on, you can check out some recent announcements. Some are:

-Announcement regarding the state of Bay Area Roleplay:

-The business system from DamianC: 

-Point of Contact

Quoting DamianC here! Help us Help You! We don't want to sit on a buggy server no more than you so please do your part in keeping our server clean of any bullcrap. While on the subject! We are always looking for a helping hand, so if you know someone with a passion for either scripting or web coding hit us(DamianC,Rehasher,Charlie or I) on Discord. Show us your work, tell us about yourself, and please don't hold anything back about your personality. If you're someone who wants to help but aren't into coding, you can always contact Halcyen, the Head of the Mapping team or Survivalmaster, the Head of the Modding Team. 

I hope this development blog gives some real insight to the community. I believe it's fair to say that we're all eager for the server to release on 1.0 and see how it turns out! If you've got any questions, concerns or wanna talk about anything, never hesitate to PM myself or anyone from server management! We're all very open people! 

Kind Regards,

kane

Assistant Lead Developer

Jesse Brown

Hell yeah my dude

• Like 2

Mikee

GREAT JOB!!

Glenson

Nice

Hayden

"- Phone Selfie System.  [Kar]" 

Interesting.

Zapper

:)

• Like 2

Vilbar

Amazihg

Smirnov

NPC Tram that travels San Fierro.

Nice!

Everything's looking good so far, y'all should probably work on adding more jobs so grinding can be fun for players.

Anomaly

Cheaaa

Vercetti

Nice and following  for more to.come

Keep.going

Mondim

Keep it up & take your time, thanks for the update.

Uproar

Selfie system? Oh man this is something I've been lookin for!

MrLatwian

Amazing job, guys! Keep it on! Can't wait when the server opens.

dirtysanchez

sexy

Gizzmo

Good shit