News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
goldencandy610

CCTV camera and fire script

goldencandy610

A CCTV camera script and a fire script would be dope SAN DOR members could sit in a control room and watch real time events that are taking place on the high way. like lets say a car passing or a broken down car or a street race going on then from there they could radio in the needed services if something would to happen on the freeway. for CCTV cameras in the city SFPD could sit down in there Head quarters to monitor whats going on in the city. That would be dope. Now for the fire script it would be realistic like in real life fires happen to stores cars etc. It would be amazing for the Rp too of course the admins would have to spawn in the fire i think everyone would enjoy both of these things that i have suggested it would provided endless roleplay opportunity's in my opinion and both of these things would be realistic.

Edited by goldencandy610
  • Like 1

thatoneiowan

This is literally 90% of my real job lol. Only problem with this is that my cameras all have pan/tilt/zoom functions and dont have any idea how that would work in SAMP. Lol

Regardless +1 would appreciate this as a feature at some point. I can put together a map of requested locations for DOR purposes if need be. 

Edit: at least in Iowa, traffic cameras are owned by Dept of Transportation & can be controlled/moved by various people including DOT employees, 911 centers, media, and obviously the magical IT people that fix shit when they don't work. Obviously law enforcement/city government could put up additional cameras as well. Just putting in my knowledge in the area I know best... Lol

• Like 2

Survivalmaster

This is literally my job @thatoneiowan haha, I'm a qualified CCTV Operator and work weekends. I think users who want to operate the cameras RP'ly should obtain an SIA license, not sure if this is just a British thing but it's just a thought as we can't legally operate them here without them.

• Like 1

goldencandy610

Hah glad you guys like it i thought they do this irl why not on here too then? thanks for the support. :)

thatoneiowan
6 hours ago, Survivalmaster said:

This is literally my job @thatoneiowan haha, I'm a qualified CCTV Operator and work weekends. I think users who want to operate the cameras RP'ly should obtain an SIA license, not sure if this is just a British thing but it's just a thought as we can't legally operate them here without them.

No licensing requirement stateside (at least federally or in Iowa, dunno if other states have their own programs)

• Like 2

Akiba

Spontaneous fires should only occur if a vehicle has been wrecked, and only if the vehicle is out of commission. Random chance fires all over would be troublesome.

• Like 2

Survivalmaster
10 hours ago, thatoneiowan said:

No licensing requirement stateside (at least federally or in Iowa, dunno if other states have their own programs)

Ah right, cheers for clearing that up haha, could be worth employing civilians to help with CCTV as well.

4 hours ago, Akiba said:

Spontaneous fires should only occur if a vehicle has been wrecked, and only if the vehicle is out of commission. Random chance fires all over would be troublesome.

Got to say I agree with this, maybe some events that randomly trigger for FD such as fallen trees or maybe even exploded gas pipes, gives DOR a job as well as PD and FD.

• Like 1

goldencandy610
8 hours ago, Akiba said:

I couldn't agree more but like survivalmaster said some times a random event is nice because it would give a nice roleplay opportunity to everyone like a building fire or a downed power line or a fallen tree etc that would be nice.

Edited by goldencandy610

josef

I like the concept of this. with @thatoneiowan's knowledge in this specific area, this has the potential to work out really well. I've never seen a 'moving' CCTV camera script though, only static points. 

I also imagine that it goes without saying that some sort of fire script would be implemented at some point.

Edited by josef

Guest kane

I don't see why not. CCTV is a neat feature to have. Rehasher had an idea for a fire script, will talk it through with him.

Moving this to accepted.