• Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Lynch

R E M O V E R A C I S T F A C T I O N R U L E

Regarding the rule  

39 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should racist factions be allowed?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/29/18 at 07:08 PM

Lynch
Posted (edited)

(rant)

Look kids, if you are striving for realism here you should let racist groups exist. No one will get offended by it IRL unless they're metagaming. It's so fucking meta to lock threads about such factions. My faction for example: San Andreas KKK, is NOT FOCUSED SOLELY ON RACISM. HOW CAN SOMETHING IC OFFEND PEOPLE OOCLY???? That is not proper roleplay.

To be brief, let us make racist factions. They're never focused solely on racism anyways. They might be legal or illegal. To be offended over something IC is fucking metagame. CAvali for example is Jewish in real life and he is still my friend even though i made a KKK organization. Let people have more RP freedom. Let realism take over.

Edited by Lynch
  • Like 2

Weston

what’s with white people getting offended for coloured people on roleplay community forums

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Mitch
7 minutes ago, Lynch said:

no-one will get offended by it IRL unless they're metagaming

lol

Hayden

2018 and people can't be racist anymore, PC gone mad. 

Lynch
1 minute ago, Hayden said:

2018 and people can't be racist anymore, PC gone mad. 

This is an IC issue my lad

Hayden

s a r c a s m . p n g 

Kev

I agree to a certain extent, people should be able to create whatever factions they please as long as they're RP'd correctly. The main problem people have with hate factions are the overused IC racism, DMing and such. If this rule was removed altogether I can guarantee you'd see a lot more people taking the hate faction card just to start useless beef and DM. 

There are 2 sides with equal arguments to a topic like this.

• Like 4

Mitch
Just now, Hayden said:

s a r c a s m . p n g 

Image result for haHAA

• Like 1

Lynch
Just now, Kev said:

I agree to a certain extent, people should be able to create whatever factions they please as long as they're RP'd correctly. The main problem people have with hate factions are the overused IC racism, DMing and such. If this rule was removed altogether I can guarantee you'd see a lot more people taking the hate faction card just to start useless beef and DM. 

There are 2 sides with equal arguments to a topic like this.

TitmzC8.png

• Like 1

Kev
1 minute ago, Lynch said:

TitmzC8.png

I understand where you're coming from, it's a topic you should take up with FM to be honest, ranting about it won't get you anywhere. Good luck I guess.

• Thanks 2

Lynch
Just now, Kev said:

I understand where you're coming from, it's a topic you should take up with FM to be honest, ranting about it won't get you anywhere. Good luck I guess.

Not really a rant as much as a suggestion. People have the freedom to RP whatever they choose as long as it's realistic.

• Like 1

Jondetti

offended.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Neaksy

Yeah I agree, I pointed it out months ago and still today I think the rule should go. Let there be hate group factions. Deathmatch is already against the rules so I don't see the reasoning for banning hate groups altogether. If faction members are trolling or DMing constantly, close down the faction and/or punish the members individually.

The faction you posted had nothing wrong with it from an OOC point of view. It was said it wasn't going to be a deathmatch faction, only rallies and recruitment. What's wrong with that? It being offensive to certain people isn't a reason, one could make outrageously offensive characters and that would be fine.

• Like 5

Lynch
Posted (edited)

Let us do our thing, administrators. Listen to the community.

Edited by Lynch

MONEY_MAKING_SCHEME
Posted (edited)

Lynch, you behave like a kid in his early teens, formulate an idea without using caps or this stupid title format and maybe then someone will take you seriously, because I honestly can't.

The faction guideline's purpose, from what I understand, is to prevent DM, whereas the rule against DM is in place to punish it. We should work on prevention, that's good. A faction that's centered around racism would be limited solely due to this fact:

Unnecessary provoking is also forbidden. Do not intentionally cause trouble with players you had no quarrel with prior.

You can IC hate other ethnicities all you want, but you can't be excessively offensive towards them just for that reason, as this rule forbids it. I agree that racist factions with IC racist characters could be allowed, but no faction should be centered around racism. You could center the faction around many things, like keeping traditions, rallying, recruiting, spreading awareness, events / meetings and the list goes on.

Edited by Buck