Danny

Private Skins

Do you want this feature?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Vote!!

• YES!
    • NO!

Danny

I don't know if this would even be doable, anyway i'm basically suggesting that every player has his own personal skin of choice implemented in the server BUT only he would be able to access it, and select it either IG or through the UCP. 

• This would definitely bring a huge amount of players in the server as no other server has this feature, yet.
  • It would make role-play so much more interesting as people wont have to /do their clothing or even facial characteristics that often, and you would understand immediately that this person is a gangster, and that person is just a civilian.
  • Every person and especially EMT or Police officer you come across has his own different appearance, size & shape, look (beard, haircut etc), custom nametag on their uniform, etc etc).

• To have your own skin implemented you will need to have a certain number amount of forum posts.
  • If you go inactive/don't login at all IG for a period of X days your custom skins are automatically removed by the script.
  • To get your own skin IG you will need to request it on a forum section made specially for this.
  • You can only have one custom skin at a time (unless you're a donor?).
  • Obviously your skin should only be accepted if it qualifies, aka is realistic enough.
  • Skins should not be nor too HQ nor too LQ, but rather in-between with a slight proclivity toward LQ.

• Like 1

Danny

Also this would also improve illegal role-play, as different gangs wear different colors and MCs different patches, and it's quite annoying to mod a certain skin and see your enemy looking like one of your own.

And think of how awesome it would be to look at a biker's patch and know for sure that he represents that certain club.

Blackburn

I don't agree with this, server would get flooded with skins, for donators only - sure

St1ll3r__

This is great but would make the server heavier

Danny
2 minutes ago, St1ll3r__ said:

This is great but would make the server heavier

Not really, just that we will have to update 400 or 500 more textures in total when starting samp, but you can download them from the forums and put them in your game documents folder so that's not an issue, i think.

Kev
1 hour ago, Blackburn said:

I don't agree with this, server would get flooded with skins, for donators only - sure

What he said, It'd be way too much load on the modding team and the server would constantly be getting heavier with unnecessary skins.

• Like 1

Thuggy

Could maybe work in conjunction with official factions. Personal skins based on forum activity will never work.

• Like 2

Junior045

The highest donator rank only, or make custom skins a seperate donation which would be around €30.

sick

This would be great for official factions and/or donators.

For regular players, it's a nu-uh though.

Guest kane

This would definitely be a donator only feature. 

Danny
13 hours ago, 99junior said:

The highest donator rank only, or make custom skins a seperate donation which would be around €30.

I hope you're not serious about the price, but i'm hoping to see this as a  purchasable feature (not a donator rank one).

Koky
17 hours ago, Danny said:

This would definitely bring a huge amount of players in the server as no other server has this feature, yet.

58b.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Carmine
23 minutes ago, Danny said:

I hope you're not serious about the price, but i'm hoping to see this as a  purchasable feature (not a donator rank one).

this is how much a custom skin only available for you costs on other servers
25-30$ would be a reasonable price, you can't force people to download gigabytes of skins just to be able to play in the server, devs will also have to update the server every 20minutes because of the many players joining the server and requesting the skin+ what about the skins that are no more used by the players? manually delete them one by one? nope

donators only

tam
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Carmine said:

this is how much a custom skin only available for you costs on other servers

woah.PNG

woah what? 

@Koky

Edited by tam
hey
  • Confused 1

Jondetti

Donators, yeah. Official factions, yeah. Everyone? Nope.

• Like 1