News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Blackburn

NPC Trams

Blackburn
Posted (edited)

Make it so NPCs drive trams from station to station, and that we can drive in them by buying a ticket and after that typing /usetram to get inside of it and /exittram when on desired station.

For anyone claiming that real players should drive them, I disagree, since there is no guarante players will drive them 24/7 and by NPCS driving them we could use them whenever we want to

Edited by Blackburn
  • Like 1

Volk420

I am not the fan of NPC, but this is good idea, this can stop people from bunny hoping.

Lockhart

Would have to be an NPC for consistency. Great idea.

• Like 1

liew

I disagree on it being an NPC.

For example, what if there was a car crash in the middle of the street and a tram just plows right through it?

It should be a player thing, maybe even have its own faction possibly?

Blackburn
2 hours ago, liew said:

I disagree on it being an NPC.

For example, what if there was a car crash in the middle of the street and a tram just plows right through it?

It should be a player thing, maybe even have its own faction possibly?

It could be easily made that tram stops when an object is in some radius of it

Anomaly
17 minutes ago, Blackburn said:

It could be easily made that tram stops when an object is in some radius of it

I'm not sure if the vehicles count as objects. Anyway if they do, it will be a problem if you drive next to the tram.

Blackburn
2 minutes ago, papanomaly said:

I'm not sure if the vehicles count as objects. Anyway if they do, it will be a problem if you drive next to the tram.

Well, you can move your car and RP the crash, why do people always have to be complicated :p

• Like 1

Anomaly

I'm not talking about RP'ing crash. I'm talking about simple driving on the road right next to the tram. The road and the tram tracks are next to each other.

Blackburn
2 minutes ago, papanomaly said:

I'm not talking about RP'ing crash. I'm talking about simple driving on the road right next to the tram. The road and the tram tracks are next to each other.

Well yes, and it's possible to drive like that normaly without scratching your car or hitting the tram, it was made prefectly

Dukester

Say you are in a high speed pursuit with the police, what's to stop me running up to the tram, entering the command and escaping that way? 

Unless the tram is going to have an interior where you can see other players and they can see you, or you can see name tags, what's to stop me jumping off at any station, leave the cops on the tram or back at the tram station I got on at. 

I think the system would have flaws if it is run by a NPC. A NPC is not going to stop for somebody role-playing on the tracks (could be a car crash or somebody wanting to RP suicide). If the tram was scripted to stop for such events, what's to stop me parking my car in the middle of the tracks or me walking up to the tram, making it stop, then walking away again. 

It's a nice idea but it should be driven by a player as they can react to events which occur. It could potentially bring more RP of people hijacking the tram as the human conductor would stop the team if he had a gun aimed to his head when the NPC would just keep driving from station to station. 

• Like 1

Volk420

I think they are in already

Guest kane

We've got something happening with trams in 1.0, you'll see!