News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Ozzaay!

Lumberjack Job

Ozzaay!
Posted (edited)

The lumberjack job on the server popped up as something new and impressive but the job appeared to be a thing that shouldn't be on a heavy RP server. There were several problems with job, some of those include:

- Kinda of unrealistic how trees grew in only 2-3 minutes and people runnin' around with logs in their arms to deliver them and then spamming spacebar back to their tree.

- Very less trees, players had gather around a tree and spam /lumberjack cut, whoever hits at the right time gets the tree.

The job can be made better, if it works in this way:

There will be like 2-3 different areas (which would be explained to the players on forums) with various types of applicable tree and only one place where the logs can be delivered. The time taken by a tree to be cut and logged will depend on the size and type of the tree, starting from 3-4 total minutes in cutting and logging and re-growing should take like 10-15 minutes. The money earned by a each log will also depend on the type of tree, ranging from $3000-$4000 from the smallest type to higher. Each tree will depend on the rank of the lumberjack whether it can be cut by him or not, for example, if a lumberjack of rank 1 tries to cut a huge pine tree, a message will simply appear saying that a higher rank is needed to do so. Trucks should be used to carry logs around, and the amount of logs carried by a truck will depend upon the size/type of the truck. The truck used by a lumberjack will depend on his rank. Ranking up will depend on the amount of trees delivered by a trucker. So, in a nutshell, the lumberjack job will work in these steps:

- get the job

- buy a small pickup truck as a starter

- go to a lumberjack site as seen on the forums

- start cutting a tree.
- convert the tree into logs

- load your logs on the truck

- go to the delivery point and get your money!

- keep doing to rank up.

Edited by Ozzaay!

Danny

This will definitely improve the realism of lumberjack but you have to keep in mind that this is a game and lumberjack is literally the only job players can use to grind money to buy assets (cars, houses, businesses). This suggestion would ruin the ability to grind or perhaps it will make everyone lose motivation to grind (4 minutes to cut and 15 to log a single tree).

No grinding = no money => no real roleplay.

Therefor, i agree to this change only if the payment per tree is raised significantly ($3000+)

Volk420

I like the idea, but if you want to increase tree respawn timer 10-15 times you need to increase the payment for logs 10-15 times also. I don`t think that server need to upgrade old jobs and focus in weapon and drug systems. 

Ozzaay!

You both are right, the money should start ranging from 3000-4000 per log.

Thuggy

I like the idea I’ll see what the staff team thinks of it.

Nevermore

I'd keep the normal script and add a few area's, it's going to be too complex for them to start changing jobs and everything, because of the amount of suggestions flooding into the server, add a huge amount of tree's, kill the respawn on the tree's so we get more and increase the pay of logs, and overall increase the pay of other jobs to make it possible where all jobs are slightly equal to their paychecks. Because just INCASE this server gets 450/450 again, then any job on this server will be impossible, Lumberjack is impossible with 10 people at it, so imagine 450 people or 100-200 on the server, It would be not worth it.

Blackburn

I like the idea, but then job payment should be increased

Volk420
6 minutes ago, Nevermore said:

I'd keep the normal script and add a few area's, it's going to be too complex for them to start changing jobs and everything, because of the amount of suggestions flooding into the server, add a huge amount of tree's, kill the respawn on the tree's so we get more and increase the pay of logs, and overall increase the pay of other jobs to make it possible where all jobs are slightly equal to their paychecks. Because just INCASE this server gets 450/450 again, then any job on this server will be impossible, Lumberjack is impossible with 10 people at it, so imagine 450 people or 100-200 on the server, It would be not worth it.

Exactly and I am sure we will get much more jobs now.