News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Nevermore

Drug System Idea

Nevermore

Now I'd write this with more detail but I currently cannot do so at the moment. There was a very old server I used to play, not a big populous but their drug system was very interesting.

You would have to scavenge around for a number from people and then you'd get a contact, you'd use the contact and a BOT would text you a location, you'd go into a house and there would be multiple drugs on the table and you would be able to get ingredients or purchase bulk of pre-made drugs but you wouldn't get as much to sell it. It introduced a system where you could sell your drugs to bots or to people. But you could only sell drugs to the bot or someone else, so it would kind of benefit everyone as people would need to buy drugs off someone else. Anyway. It's not much the system I'm after but there was a better part.

Would made the drug system so cool was the fact that each drug was an object, and Police Officers or anyone else could ACTUALLY see it. Which made it cool, you could steal peoples drugs and run away with them, you could store packages of cocaine and marijuana in the back of your car, you could hide it as well It was amazing, I think if I ever found a server with that system alone it would be worth the roleplay because you'd finally be able to see RPLY if there were drugs stored in a house / car. Because you could store them in your houses / garages as well, what do you think about that? Would be amazing for roleplay.

BYLUG

Sounds like quite an interesting idea. I think something like this would definitely work and add to the realism aspect. Whereas, typically, most servers have a supply of drugs given to respective factions and all automated. This definitely allows gangs to capture safe houses in their turf, etc. I'd love to see drugs being physically visible.  It all adds to creating more role-play server-wide. 

• Like 1

Nevermore
5 minutes ago, BYLUG said:

Sounds like quite an interesting idea. I think something like this would definitely work and add to the realism aspect. Whereas, typically, most servers have a supply of drugs given to respective factions and all automated. This definitely allows gangs to capture safe houses in their turf, etc. I'd love to see drugs being physically visible.  It all adds to creating more role-play server-wide. 

Capturing safehouses, boom. There you go you've turned this into a better suggestion!

sick

I think the server first needs a stable and simple drug script, and after that's done, it can be upgraded/replaced by a better script with more features.

This is a good suggestion, although in my opinion not quite necessary.

Volk420
Posted (edited)

I don`t like that bot texting you the location, I think everything should be done icly in simple old way with no BOT and NPC. I am sure once they add drugs they add drug components also, so we can make more profits from coke and sell rocks. I love the idea about visual drugs and same as visual weapons we should have visual drugs, just visual packages would be enough. 

Edited by Volk420

Jondetti

No. Staff has something better in mind and I trust them to pull it off. This would ruin drug economy at the very start.