• Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Blackburn

Bank robbery system

Blackburn
Posted (edited)

Bank robbery system.

Instead of usual /gethere system, I have something new

Make is so that if criminals want to rob a bank, they first must buy a drill for it and a C4 bomb on the black market – black market would be located in few locations known only to official factions, to prevent abuse of this system, or to all, if that's what matters.

After buying a drill and c4, players would have to enter the bank and place a drill on the main vault ((/robbank drill)), then, they would have to wait 5-10 minutes for it to drill the vault door and vault door would open.

After the vault door open, they would have to plant C4 ((/robbank C4)) on the main vault door to get in, or just simply drill it again.

Then , they would use a command ((/robbank robmoney)) and have to wait X ammount of time to get X ammount of cash(they would have to stay within the vault radius scriptwise). After that a bag full of cash would appear on their back and they would have to exist and deliver it to a random (faction ) safehouse ((/robbank deliver)) or place the bag in a car in order to get the money that's in the bag, or it could just be roleplayed and players would get the money instantly.

Or, players would have to buy a bag before the robbery (before typing, /robbank to take the cash) , both variants are fine for me

TO PREVENT ABUSE:

There should be a system that let's the players rob a bank only if there are 15+ or 10+ cops online, to it would be realistic.

Cops would be notified scriptly if a robbery was in progress. 

Only official factions could rob banks

A weapon in hand would be needed in order to start a robery

Admin would have to approve the robbery via command /rapprove

After the robbery:

10 minutes after the robbery finishes, vault door would close and timer would be reset.

Delay timer:

Bank/s could be robbed once in 24 hours only, or even less

Edited by Blackburn
  • Like 1

Volk420

I like it man, a lot! And to add some adrenaline to people who`s trying to rob a bank should be life sentence in prison if they fail, so we get more lifers in prison and more RP in there! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trigger
Posted (edited)

Love this. Support! But only one thing bank is like right next to the PD...

Edited by Trigger
  • Thanks 1

Blackburn

That's why I said "Bank/s" they can add more banks or move the current one, thanks guys <3

• Like 1

Zenophobia

No thanks.  Bank robberies don't usually involve a dude walking in, drilling into the vault and blowing something up with C4.  It's usually someone walking in with a gun and forcing tellers to put money in a bag, or even someone who doesn't have a weapon just passing a note saying he does.  Heists are silly.

• Like 1

Danny
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Blackburn said:

Only official factions could rob banks

Disagree, anybody should be able to rob a bank (yes, even solo). Everyone with half a brain will realize how difficult it is to make it back to your car let alone escape without a well set plan and crew.

A weapon in hand would be needed in order to start a robery

Disagree, if the server ever implements gun replicas, they should be allowed in bank robberies too.

Other than that, i agree with this suggestion. You have my support.

EDIT: A player should still be allowed to rob a bank demanding just the money up front, that case wouldn't require this system but only an admin spectating the role-play.

Edited by Danny
  • Like 1

Florida

You've designed a robbery system for a very linear method (Plant C4, rush vault, drill and fill bags). Role-play servers aren't a step by step experience.

PurpleVase24

This is a RP and not RPG server, or am I mistaken?

• Like 2

Blackburn
Posted (edited)

This is RPG, but having an admin /gethere you and zero chances of succeding in robbery isn't? Get your facts straight.

38 minutes ago, Florida said:

You've designed a robbery system for a very linear method (Plant C4, rush vault, drill and fill bags). Role-play servers aren't a step by step experience.

Of course, that's why there will have to be a plan on how to escape from the police

Edited by Blackburn
  • Like 1

Danny
Posted (edited)

Guys, nobody stops you from pulling off a bank robbery the way you want to. This is just a system for a specific type of robbery.

Plus it requires a lot of RP involvement, getting the connections to buy C4s and guns is not supposed to be easy.

Cops would be notified scriptly if a robbery was in progress. 

I suggest activating the silent alarm (since chances are the bank is going to be empty) 5 seconds after the bank robbery was finished. The map is small, once the alarm is off a cop will be there in less than 10 seconds so this way it gives the robbers a realistic chance of escaping.

This is very debatable, why should the alarm go off? can we stop it from going off by making the guards lie on the radio? etc.

Edited by Danny
  • Like 1

Blackburn

Well yeah, there has to be an alarm since it wouldn't be fair if people started robbing and cops didn't know, they would 100% escape

PurpleVase24
39 minutes ago, Blackburn said:

This is RPG, but having an admin /gethere you and zero chances of succeding in robbery isn't? Get your facts straight.

What a dumb and obnoxious reply. There's absolutely no need to be mad at someone just because they're not liking/agreeing with one of your suggestions. You've obviously played too much Payday 2 or smoked to much pot to actually think that these type of bank robberies are common. This is a role-play server and it should remain one without any cops and robbers script content.

• Like 1

Lockhart

In my opinion a set of rules would suffice. I like to avoid scripts for robberies etc because this is very RPG-like.

I have no problem with TPing players to vaults because I think bank robberies should be watched and approved by an admin anyway.

kolesnikov

A bank robbery needs to be supervised by an admin from the initial start. You can't simply put a system there for anyone with a weapon to actually do it. 

• Like 2

Blackburn
Posted (edited)

Well it would be okay like that too, but with this system it would be much more interesting and admin supervising shouldn't be an issue, since police could report the law breaking players

22 minutes ago, PurpleVase24 said:

What a dumb and obnoxious reply. There's absolutely no need to be mad at someone just because they're not liking/agreeing with one of your suggestions. You've obviously played too much Payday 2 or smoked to much pot to actually think that these type of bank robberies are common. This is a role-play server and it should remain one without any cops and robbers script content.

I'm not being obnoxious but real, since your response "Or am I mistaken?" is clearly meant to be provocative. Anyway, have a nice day. 

Edited by Blackburn