• Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Ozzaay!

[POLL] Seatbelts

[POLL] Seatbelts  

52 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do you want seatbelt script on the server?

• Yes.
    • No.

Ozzaay!

Based on my suggestion "More Improved Speedometer", a debate came up as some people were supporting seatbelts and some were not. So, feel free to vote on this poll to settle this down.

St1ll3r__

Of course! 

• Like 1

Blackburn

yessssss

Bash_Barti

Reposting from here.

I don’t think there should be any seatbelt system. Here’s why (courtesy of @syler):

”Commands that replace opportunities for roleplay are anything but positive. In real life, despite having a seatbelt or not, you would still be affected by a collision on the road.”

Trigger
Posted (edited)

Nobody roleplays wearing a seatbelt. Atleast I didn't come across someone who does. So yeah seatbelt command is needed asap! 

Oh and people can abuse it if they get pulled over or get into accident like oh ye I was wearing seatbelt. Nobody gonn take 20 screenshots everyday just to prove that they had seatbelt on. 

Edited by Trigger
  • Like 1

Blackburn
Posted (edited)

I can't understand you people, I mean, what kind of logics is that? Who said that having a seatbelt would prevent injuries from collisions? Nobody. It's up to us to roleplay the collision if we want and to what extent our injuries will go. Nobody will roleplay wearing a seatbelt and even if they did, it would surely be powergamed by people saying they did put it via /me, but they actually didn't. So a /seatbelt command which would add a seatbelt object on the driver would prevent powergame and make the game more interesting.

Edited by Blackburn
  • Like 2

Lockhart
Posted (edited)

I think I'm part of a minority who really don't want seatbelts. It's kind of like having /rob or /knockout commands. The reason players don't RP seatbelts is because they don't want to.

I know it has been said that we could increase crash health reduction for those without seatbelts but this will cause more damage than good. A lot of players choose to skip car crashes which is fine so long both parties agree but they'll still have the health decrease. This is also a problem for suspects in pursuits dying constantly due to crashes and admins having to TP them back.

Seatbelts also make crashes worse sometimes, and with this addition we may as well have /wipers and /airbags too.

Edited by Lockhart
  • Like 3

Mondim

I agree with this, a seatbelt system would be nice. Plus I would like to suggest a system when you hit something with your vehicle you would lose some health. If you wear a seatbelt it would take less heath than when not wearing a seatbelt.

Also it would make players to drive more carefully and non-rp drive would decrease.

• Like 1

Bash_Barti
11 minutes ago, Lockhart said:

It's kind of like having /rob or /knockout commands.

Exactly. The more you substitute roleplay with the script, the more the overall quality of roleplay on the server diminishes. From the way I see it, roleplaying putting on a seatbelt is the same as roleplaying putting your clothes on.

Lockhart
Just now, Bash_Barti said:

Exactly. The more you substitute roleplay with the script, the more the overall quality of roleplay on the server diminishes. From the way I see it, roleplaying putting on a seatbelt is the same as roleplaying putting your clothes on.

Yup. There's a line in my opinion were you stop using scripts and start roleplaying and for me this is it. RPG servers are full of stuff like this whereas servers like ourselves should keep things basic so we can roleplay. Just my opinion though.

• Like 3

Volk420

Guest kane

Going to shut this down. We have no interest in adding a seat belt future. Having seat belts as something that prevents health loss would just encourage players and allow them the opportunity to drive worse then they currently do with no repercussions. This isn't needed.

Nightmare
17 minutes ago, kane said:

Going to shut this down. We have no interest in adding a seat belt future. Having seat belts as something that prevents health loss would just encourage players and allow them the opportunity to drive worse then they currently do with no repercussions. This isn't needed.

One way to stop them from doing that is having a script that would total the engine if the car reaches 450 HP or 500 HP, that way people would be more careful than they are now, right now the car will keep going until it reaches 300 HP which is where the engine catches fire and then it blows up, people don't really have a reason to be afraid of the car being totaled if they crash into other people more than 3 times.

• Like 1

Riva

Rp or rpg server? /seatbelt is dumb af

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Bradley
6 hours ago, Bash_Barti said:

Nicely said, i'm against seatbelts.

• Like 2