News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Ozzaay!

More Improved Speedometer

Ozzaay!

Add a seatbelt and a lock icon in the speedometer which will turn on when the lock is on/seatbelt is attached and off when not.

• Like 3

Mikee

Yeah, why not?

Culture
5 hours ago, Mikee said:

Yeah, why not?

• Like 1

Lockhart

I just don't want seatbelts.

• Like 1

Boss

I know some people might find the seatbelt feature annoying, but I think it’s a good feature to have. This is my opinion on how a seatbelt system should work:

- /seatbelt (/sb) to toggle between putting on or taking off your seatbelt.

- Less health damage when /sb is on during a crash.

- Seatbelt off can be a ticketable offence.

- /checksb [ID] for officers to see the status of one’s seatbelt.

• Like 4

Cash_Barti
Posted (edited)

I don’t think there should be any seatbelt system. Here’s why (courtesy of @syler):

”Commands that replace opportunities for roleplay are anything but positive. In real life, despite having a seatbelt or not, you would still be affected by a collision on the road.”

In real life, a seatbelt wouldn’t completely save you from the collision.

Edited by Cash_Barti
  • Like 1

Boss

I’m not saying to completely remove the effect of a car crash if someone is wearing a seatbelt. Just to minimize it, as it would also happen in real life.

@Cash_Barti

Anomaly
5 minutes ago, Cash_Barti said:

I don’t think there should be any seatbelt system. Here’s why (courtesy of @syler):

”Commands that replace opportunities for roleplay are anything but positive. In real life, despite having a seatbelt or not, you would still be affected by a collision on the road.”

In real life, a seatbelt wouldn’t completely save you from the collision.

We never said that this is going to avoid the collision. If you have a seatbelt on you will take less damage on hit.

Cash_Barti
1 minute ago, papanomaly said:

We never said that this is going to avoid the collision. If you have a seatbelt on you will take less damage on hit.

There’s /me and /do for that. If we have a /me command, we might as well have a /rob command. Do you see where I’m getting at?

Highwire
35 minutes ago, Boss said:

I know some people might find the seatbelt feature annoying, but I think it’s a good feature to have. This is my opinion on how a seatbelt system should work:

- /seatbelt (/sb) to toggle between putting on or taking off your seatbelt.

- Less health damage when /sb is on during a crash.

- Seatbelt off can be a ticketable offence.

- /checksb [ID] for officers to see the status of one’s seatbelt.

I was about to give this suggestion a -1 until I saw this. Great idea Boss! There should definitely be hp loss from accidents and wearing your seatbelt should reduce the damage.

Anomaly
1 minute ago, Cash_Barti said:

There’s /me and /do for that. If we have a /me command, we might as well have a /rob command. Do you see where I’m getting at?

How you're going to get less damage if there is no system scripted?

Cash_Barti
4 minutes ago, papanomaly said:

How you're going to get less damage if there is no system scripted?

Taking less damage shouldn’t matter. It’s the roleplay surrounding it that should.

Bradley

Not really in favor for seatbelts.

• Like 1

Zapper

A seat belt command isn't needed in my opinion, just simply roleplay it. 

• Like 1

Nightmare

Roleplaying a seatbelt can be powergamed too. The question is, how? In real life, we all forget to wear our seatbelts for many reasons, sometimes we are in a hurry and we don't. Seatbelts save lives but not always so what if someone gets into a car crash and has forgotten to wear their seatbelt? they will sustain more injuries than they would if they had their seatbelt on. Some players will roleplay wearing a seatbelt to avoid being injured badly, not everyone roleplays wearing their seatbelt whenever they are getting in their car and that's one proof that I have to back up my statement. I am supporting this suggestion, it's a command that if someone forgets, they will have to RP their injuries and not roleplay something on spot to avoid roleplaying the actual injuries that their character sustained after the crash.

• Like 1