News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Eastside

An idea to keep BA:RP running during BETA Testing.

Smirnov

I think the reason why they closed down the server is because they were losing more players than gaining. The hype was huge, server hit 450 at the launch but was averaging 100 players after a week or so. They couldn't keep those players IG because of the bugs / script.

They want to re-build that hype again, hoping this time they can offer players something better - a script without bugs. The hype will eventually be there again for the re-opening, it's just another chance for them to keep more players after the re-launch.

I very well enjoyed playing the server but for the greater good it was a correct decision to close down the server. 

*applauds*

• Like 3

Decesso

I agree with you completely because I haven't had the chance to play on the server during the BETA and with there being only a week left, why close the server? I also think that closing the server could be a consequential mistake. Servers that don't have BETA tests tend to have more problems/bugs at release which requires the server to shut down again. With BA-RP being the most anticipated server at the moment, delaying the release will surely be the demise of your project.

Continuing the BETA tests while you work on the server's final stages could be quite beneficial to your project. Having players testing your server as you progress not only assists you with finding problems/glitches/bugs efficiently, but makes the community feel apart of the development of the server. That sort of connection is vital to a growing community's success.

MONEY_MAKING_SCHEME
21 minutes ago, Decesso said:

With BA-RP being the most anticipated server at the moment, delaying the release will surely be the demise of your project.

What studies do you base your statement on?

Anomaly
28 minutes ago, Decesso said:

I agree with you completely because I haven't had the chance to play on the server during the BETA and with there being only a week left, why close the server? I also think that closing the server could be a consequential mistake. Servers that don't have BETA tests tend to have more problems/bugs at release which requires the server to shut down again. With BA-RP being the most anticipated server at the moment, delaying the release will surely be the demise of your project.

Continuing the BETA tests while you work on the server's final stages could be quite beneficial to your project. Having players testing your server as you progress not only assists you with finding problems/glitches/bugs efficiently, but makes the community feel apart of the development of the server. That sort of connection is vital to a growing community's success.

Opportunity for the players who /really/ want to do testing on the gamemode and report the bugs is in the BETA tests. Not everyone thinks as you do, most of the players just want to roleplay and if they happen to experience a bug, they won't report it on the forums. While in BETA session everyone is required to do testing, if anyone is trolling they will be banned from the BETA session. After the server opens everyone who wishes to report bugs will be able to do so, the server is not going to be locked again because there are bugs. Currently, we're trying to test everything on the server and see if we can find any bugs, if we do so they are getting fixed in the next day or even on the same day. We can't stay in BETA forever, so every bug that gets reported on the forums will be fixed in future revisions.

Decesso
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Buck said:

What studies do you base your statement on?

Experience and personal opinion. I believe that BA-RP is the most anticipated server with YouTubers like Klorontix and KANE advertising the server.

There have been plenty of servers that have delayed their release and the hype for them died along with the server, T-RP (True Roleplay) being one of them. After they closed in 2016 or 2017, their re-opening was supposed to be their great revival. Instead, they delayed the re-opening again and their anticipating players gave up hope. Even now, T-RP developers are still trying to revive the server.

56 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

Opportunity for the players who /really/ want to do testing on the gamemode and report the bugs is in the BETA tests. Not everyone thinks as you do, most of the players just want to roleplay and if they happen to experience a bug, they won't report it on the forums. While in BETA session everyone is required to do testing, if anyone is trolling they will be banned from the BETA session. After the server opens everyone who wishes to report bugs will be able to do so, the server is not going to be locked again because there are bugs. Currently, we're trying to test everything on the server and see if we can find any bugs, if we do so they are getting fixed in the next day or even on the same day. We can't stay in BETA forever, so every bug that gets reported on the forums will be fixed in future revisions.

I understand.

Edited by Decesso

MONEY_MAKING_SCHEME
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Decesso said:

Experience and personal opinion. I believe that BA-RP is the most anticipated server with YouTubers like Klorontix and KANE advertising the server.

There have been plenty of servers that have delayed their release and the hype for them died along with the server, T-RP (True Roleplay) being one of them. After they closed in 2016 or 2017, their re-opening was supposed to be their great revival. Instead, they delayed the re-opening again and their anticipating players gave up hope. Even now, T-RP developers are still trying to revive the server.

I understand.

I know TRP way too well since I was more or less involved at the management level of it. It was a failure due to many mistakes done over several years. The first re-opening was a success and boosted it really well, then it died due to incapable leeches being picked for core staff positions and personal agendas being pursued by people like Jeron, Zak, Caleno and Grumbleduck. These 4 were in key positions. The second re-opening was never ruined by a delay, Ash gave up on it due to real life stuff and staff team members being unproductive. The ones remaining with the hopes to revive it are, in all honesty, incompetent. 

In short, don't compare a server that had a peak of 150 players and average of 40 with one that had a peak of 450 and average of 80.

Edited by Buck
  • Like 2

Stinkweed

I hope developers didn't forget to add an anti-cheat :)

xgwX4mU.png&key=c76a85ac6d0e29b00e236f13

f1n7V2P.png&key=5c0e9717acb6c50a860d00a2

Credits goes to Carmine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Singh

Oh God what a mess.