News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Eastside

An idea to keep BA:RP running during BETA Testing.

Pencil
3 minutes ago, Nightcall said:

I believe the open BETA is better than a closed one, there have been two beta testings before the server opened and yet we run into a couple of bugs but they were fixed because to the community reported them so I am supporting this.

Agree!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Banfly

It's something that surely won't happen and it's honestly for the better. The server would only get an even worse rep if it suddenly just opened.

Eastside
29 minutes ago, Nightcall said:

I believe the open BETA is better than a closed one, there have been two beta testings before the server opened and yet we run into a couple of bugs but they were fixed because to the community reported them so I am supporting this.

completely agree with this, it couldn't have been said any better.

Blackburn

No, you have to look at this from another perspective. If they added new stuff, not a lot of new players would come as they were already disappointed by the server.

By locking the server, making a re-launch date, a lot of players would come and check it out, and guess what? They will be amazed by the tons of new features.

This is basic pyschology as when people see a lot of great systems at once they are more likely to stay. Who would bother to come and check out every single update at once?

Relaunch date should be set and advertised and I assure you server will be 450/450 on opening.

@Rehasher

• Like 1

Volk420

We can not change a thing, admins finishing the new version and opening the server then. I am sure the developers tired of seeing this assholes posts who talking shit about server while they trying hard to make it better, all of this "this is a disaster" bullshit. I feel you loyal people who`s just like me going to play here whatever happens, but developers want to make it perfect and re-open it, so many players going to come back and check out the new version and maybe to stay rp in here.

Mitch
13 minutes ago, Blackburn said:

Relaunch date should be set and advertised and I assure you server will be 450/450 on opening.

lol that's a big hope

Twizted

mission failed

Volk420
3 minutes ago, Mitch said:

lol that's a big hope

I would be happy with 150 and 0 retards.

Mitch
10 minutes ago, Volk420 said:

I would be happy with 150 and 0 retards.

I think that would be everyone's hope tbf. 

Tim
Posted (edited)

I agree that the server should just be open so that people can play while the development team rolls out updates / bug fixes. The community can continuously report bugs, give feedback on features and etcetera that way without having to worry about the server opening and many people not liking the new features it got for example that will make them leave the server or so. Everyone who keeps on bashing the server, every feature and every single damn bug there is while playing should just take a break and remind themselves of what a BETA is. Only we together can shape the best future for BA-RP.

I personally enjoyed so far everything the server had to offer. I was not worried about any bugs or anything knowing that there were/are constant bug fixes, new content here and there and overal gained a big trust in the future of BA-RP and I still think the same way. 

It may even be a idea for the developers to include a 'Early Acces / BETA' message you see on steam often with new games. 

1 hour ago, Blackburn said:

By locking the server, making a re-launch date, a lot of players would come and check it out, and guess what? They will be amazed by the tons of new features.

This is actually a dangerous thing to do. What if in a month or two people come back to the server and notice that the new features don't please them either? Those same people could've given feedback on the same feature and us as a whole community could've figured a perfect change out together so that everyone is satisfied but they simply couldn't since the server is currently not accessible by the public and them having to wait untill a unknown date for the server to re-open.

1 hour ago, Volk420 said:

I am sure the developers tired of seeing this assholes posts who talking shit about server while they trying hard to make it better, all of this "this is a disaster" bullshit.

People recklessy bashing the server because things don't please them and instead of figuring out a solution they decide to post something without even a single positive thought in what they are saying nor showing any interest in turning things around for the better ≠ Constructive criticism 

Edited by Tim
  • Like 1

St1ll3r__

Actually after reading a few comments, I changed my opinion and disagree on this.

We should all consider those 2 weeks as an open beta to test features out and prepare our asses for the real BA:RP that's coming on soon enough without any bugs! ( I hope! x) )

Also this way the people who left till 1.0 can still have the chance to come back and not be too far behind when compared to everyone else who's been grinding their asses off 24/7.

Also people should stop posting these discussions about the server everyday, it's getting a bit boring! 

Emperor_Tavare

guys u really have nothing else to do than play games? go outside or something, it wont shut down forever, lol. and sorry it will probably die out, it already kinda did but i hope it will survive... doubt it tho :(

Carmelo

I'd have to agree myself, they can just let people RP. The point of the server is to RP. It's possible to do just that for the short time being and when they finish 1.0, move the server over. 

• Like 2

Ministry
17 hours ago, Blackburn said:

No, you have to look at this from another perspective. If they added new stuff, not a lot of new players would come as they were already disappointed by the server.

This is basic pyschology as when people see a lot of great systems at once they are more likely to stay. Who would bother to come and check out every single update at once?

@Rehasher

this man valued his education and evidently has a brain. bang on the money in my opinion

• Thanks 1

Russell
16 hours ago, Emperor_Tavare said:

guys u really have nothing else to do than play games? go outside or something, it wont shut down forever, lol. and sorry it will probably die out, it already kinda did but i hope it will survive... doubt it tho :(

First of all, this is true, SAMP is nothing in the grand scale of things.

I doubt it will be said officially but it's probably to create more hype for a second launch. The playerbase wasn't as high as expected after a while (also showing a negative trend, players stuck around less and less) I'm guessing and people felt the script not only had bugs but lacked a lot of script and server functionality.

The new launch doesn't come with out negatives, because the hype for a second launch is different to the first launch, it can be passed around as a joke. That and people will have to move to other avenues to scratch their roleplay itch and may very well just end up staying in their comfort zone.

It can be done right and this can definitely fail easily. It's going to have to be a lot better, not a little bit better otherwise it won't have no change, SAMP has reached its peak, people are growing up and less people grow up to play SA and never heard of the game and won't like the graphics or opt for the newest entry in the season. Don't look at the Russians fake bots but think about the current generation of teenagers.