News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Eastside

An idea to keep BA:RP running during BETA Testing.

Eastside

I just came across a thought, then again it's my opinion so feel free to argue it if you'd like. I just wondered why not keep Bay Area up for everyone to still play and enjoy? I mean, I don't understand why you guys can't gradually update the server as everyone plays it, it'll keep the players more intrigued and eager to play Bay Area as new updates come through and it'd be a good thing to know that it's being given attention and worked on as we play on the server. I believe this server has great potential to be what it wants to be (not on some nerdy type shit) and I and others can agree despite all of the flaws this server is still a good server. IMO, waiting too long will set this server up for failure and I can definitely say the player base would fall drastically in the future. Who knows who'd still be playing this 14 year old game in the next few months or possibly a year or more etc. All i'm saying is I think y'all should keep the server up and running and update it as you go and it'll keep everyone satisfied as new updates are coming out and we get to stay on the server, as well as we continue to dish out suggestions to make the server even better. Believe me, I've seen it happen; a server could be in BETA with a good pb and keep everyone on hold, finally release the server and it failed like a bitch. A good one too, but y'all have a chance to not make the same mistake. For example, as shit as LSRP was they never kept closing it down and re-opening it, overtime they've updated the server and they started to grow as people play.

I'd like to see more opinions though.

• Like 9

Blu

Agreed, don't understand why they need to close the server down to do updates. 

They were updating the server almost every day, but kept the server up.

Pencil

Yup, why not?!

CAvali

I support this.

St1ll3r__

Make it happen please!

• Like 1

Chilli943

I'm not speaking officially or making a decision but I'd like to add something:

The decision to lock the server wasn't made lightly, a lot of discussion and thought went into the decision. It wouldn't be locked if we weren't fully confident it was the right direction for the server. 

If we continued to keep it open we felt that it would be more detrimental and do more harm than good for Bay Area Roleplay.

That's just my opinion on the situation however.

Florida
5 minutes ago, Chilli943 said:

I'm not speaking officially or making a decision but I'd like to add something:

The decision to lock the server wasn't made lightly, a lot of discussion and thought went into the decision. It wouldn't be locked if we weren't fully confident it was the right direction for the server. 

If we continued to keep it open we felt that it would be more detrimental and do more harm than good for Bay Area Roleplay.

That's just my opinion on the situation however.

That doesn't sound like an opinion it just sounds like what happened.

Campbell

I'm supporting this, they didn't had to close the server in the first place. People expect a lot from a server where they've to wait weeks, for just a update. If the update is going to be a dissapointment, they'll leave anyways. And that will even hurt the server more.

• Like 1

Chilli943
Just now, Florida said:

That doesn't sound like an opinion it just sounds like what happened.

I was referring to:

but I see what you mean ;)

JohnnyV

I disagree, closing the server may relax the admin team and the management, make everyone prepare and create hype for the server again. This update seems to be a big thing so closing the server was the right thing to do for now. It isn't a big deal after all.

west.

Supporting this, please reopen the server.

Mitch

Make it clear and detailed before you join the server, in BIG BOLD LETTERS [THIS IS A OPEN BETA THIS MAY CONTAIN BUGS] jesus christ, I didn't run into that many tbf. Open the server and let us have fun again. 

Volk420

Server closed because there is to many salty people who keep posting shit in forums telling how bad the bugs are and how they hate everything, I feel you guys who are just like me and playing here what ever happens, just I am sure Devs tired of seeing this salty post about everything and decide to fix everything completely and the re-open it.

Pencil
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, JohnnyV said:

I disagree, closing the server may relax the admin team and the management, make everyone prepare and create hype for the server again. This update seems to be a big thing so closing the server was the right thing to do for now. It isn't a big deal after all.

Your logic sucks.

Edited by Pencil
  • Like 1

Nightmare

I believe the open BETA is better than a closed one, there have been two beta testings before the server opened and yet we run into a couple of bugs but they were fixed because to the community reported them so I am supporting this.