• ba-rp.net:7777
Kev

Kev's SA-MP Crash Fixes

Kev
Posted (edited)

barplogo.png.44fe57bc997b940efb89b89d07b

Kev's SA-MP Crash Fixes

___

Hello everyone, I'm sure there are times we've all been through where our SA-MP doesn't work and it does our heads in.

Well I'm here to make sure that doesn't happen again! I've picked up some fixes for different situations over time so sit back, grab some popcorn and allow me to walk you through fixing your game:

Method 1:

Starting off with a common but regularly forgotten about fix, locate your gta_sa.exe, Open up the properties of it, click the "compatibility" tab and then check the box that says, "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" And then select "Windows 98/Windows Me". This fix is aimed at Windows 10 users who have problems opening SA-MP.

(Note) If for some reason if your gta_sa.exe does not have a "compatibility" tab you can download the Hoodlum CD Fix here to fix that.

method_1.png

Method 2:

If your having problems with a certain mod and your not sure which one, delete every mod from the modloader. Then select the most important mods to you and restore them one at a time. After you install each mod, launch SA-MP in between to see which mods conflict with your game.

Method 3:

Delete your gtasa.set file in "Documents/GTA San Andreas User Files" (Or use the "Delete gta-sa.set" option in the Tools menu)

Method 4:

If you have a tendency to crash when entering vehicles, there are a few files in particular that you can delete to fix that.

They are located in " Audio -----> Streams " From there, proceed to delete everything asides from the following:

• AA
  • ADVERTS
  • AMBIENCE
  • BEATS
  • CUTSCENE

Method 5:

If your GTA isn't V1.0, you should definitely downgrade to version 1.0, it's a lot more stable and crashes a lot less frequently, click here for a direct link to the downgrader.

Method 6:

An essential tool to fixing your GTA issues is a crashes.asi file. It truly is magic, it does the following:

• Fixes approx. 30 crashes that may occur.
  • Allows all resolutions and proportions to be used.
  • Removes music indoors.
  • Removes Clouds.
  • Fixes some compatibility issues with Windows 8.

Download it here.

Method 7:

checksum.png

``1) This method is exclusive for 0.3.7DL. If you crash when downloading the server-sided models for a particular server, the only way to fix it is to download the server's cache file which contains all the exclusive models. In Bay Area Roleplay's instance, if you have problems downloading the models, download the file containing them here.

After downloading it, extract it to "Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files\SAMP\cache" and make sure to rename the file to the server IP.

2) Another reason you may be crashing when downloading the server-sided models to a particular server could be you don't have the correct permissions set for the folder. Navigate to the cache folder located in "Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files\SAMP\cache" and right-click to open the properties.

One properties is open, head to the "Security" tab. In the small box, scroll to the specific User that your GTA San Andreas User files is located in and click the "Edit" button with the shield beside it. 

cache.png

This will open another tab, click on the User with the GTA San Andreas User Files installed and in the second diaglog box, scroll down to "Write" and make sure this box is checked.

cache_2.png

Credit to Rehasher for the 2nd fix.

Method 8:

This is another method exclusive to Windows 10 users, who have trouble the ALT+TAB command.

First things first, locate your Grand Theft Auto San Andreas file and enter it.

Now you need to locate your gta_sa.exe and rename it to anything else, in this example I'll be using "blackbird".

2YO7ywz.png&key=c6f207b7ade421f542538a64

After renaming the .exe, open your command prompt as an administrator as shown:

x33690X.png&key=aed1e51b76aac32571f20152

Once the command prompt is open, type the following command into it:

"Your GTA File Location\gta_sa.exe" "Your GTA File Location\blackbird.exe"

ijCdhKr.png&key=6bdf9723f43d37a32563d65d

Remember to change the "blackbird" part of the command to whatever you renamed your gta_sa.exe to.

Once that's done, go into your samp.exe priorities and check the box to run it as an administrator.

Credit to GamerXForums for this particular method.

Method 9:

This next fix is for users who have a problem opening San Andreas because of a Direct X error.

The first thing you want to do is open your control panel.

5uLpkTJFSa69l_7CJDH7Mw.png

In the control panel, make your way over to programs, in the bottom left, then click "programs and features" in the top of the screen.
In the left side of your screen, you will see this, click "Turn windows features on or off"

ktHntbieRci-N0Wnr5qYgQ.png

This will open a list of windows features, make your way over to "Legacy Components" and click the little plus sign. Tick the box next to Directplay and click on "OK"

AaiuP2YTRnWIkA2mH7uXqA.png

This will open another window, wait for the process to end and run the game.

Method 10:

Open up your PC's file explorer and then right-click to enter properties. This will open the "System" tab and navigate to the top-left and click "Advanced System Settings".

This will open a "System Properties" dialog box, head over to the "Advanced" tab and click the "Settings" button under "Performance".

method_10_i.png

This will open a new "System Properties" dialog box, navigate to the Data Excecution Prevention tab and if gta_sa.exe is listed, make sure the box is checked. If it is not listed, click the "Add" button and locate your gta_sa.exe.

method_10_ii.png

Method 11 - ENB Users:

Sometimes when you install an ENB into your game you might notice that your SA-MP won't launch with the "d3d9.DLL" file in the root folder, but runs perfectly fine without it. This can be caused by some files conflicting with the .dll file and can be solved by simply creating a new folder in your modloader, and dropping the "d3d9.dll " file into it. That way it's recognised as a mod and shouldn't interfere with whatever you've got in your root folder.

Method 12 - ENB Users:

Another way to fix crashing for people with ENBs, click this link and download the file from it. Once the download is finished, extract the file and copy/paste the .bat files into your GTA folder.

Next, rename your gta_sa.exe to anything else, then open the .bat file and navigate to where it says "gta_sa" and then change that to what you renamed the .exe to.

Windows Theme changing when you open SA-MP:

A common problem people have with their SA-MP is every time they log onto a server, it automatically changes the Windows theme on their system. Some may find it extremely annoying.

To resolve this issue, simply download a .asi file which you can find by clicking this link.

---

I hope these fixes help you in any problems you may have with your GTA, please let me know if it did, I'm eager to get some feedback.

Edited by Kev
  • Like 11

Kev
Posted (edited)

If any members of the community have any fixes they have discovered themselves or from someone else please leave them here, I'd like to update this post regularly with different fixes to suit everyone's needs. If you've got a problem that's not listed on this thread feel free to comment and I'll give some assistance.

Edited by Kev
  • Like 1

Volk420
Posted (edited)

No dude, I did big mistake and purchase the legal game from steam store, steam version of gta Sa is so BAD. I am crashing sometimes when entering any vehicle and sometimes when scrolling the radio.

Edited by vans
Illegal website.
  • Like 1

Kev
5 minutes ago, Volk420 said:

No dude, I did big mistake and purchase the legal game from steam store, steam version of gta Sa is so BAD, so guys use piratebay. I am crashing sometimes when entering any vehicle and sometimes when scrolling the radio.

If you have a tendency to crash when entering vehicles, there are a few files in particular that you can delete to fix that.

They are located in " Audio -----> Streams " From there, proceed to delete everything asides from the following:

AA

ADVERTS

AMBIENCE

BEATS

CUTSCENE

You should definitely downgrade that steam version of San Andreas ASAP!

Download it here <

• Like 3

Volk420
Just now, Kev said:

AA

ADVERTS

AMBIENCE

BEATS

CUTSCENE

You should definitely downgrade that steam version of San Andreas ASAP!

Download it here <

Thank you this should help.

• Like 1

St1ll3r__

Useful for some people! 

• Like 2

Bigface$

Kev always doing the most for the community, got this on bookmarks in case my pesky GTA wants to act up again.

• Like 1

Mondim

I also crash when entering vehicles sometimes. I have steam version. I will try that fix tomorrow. Thank you!

• Like 1

Kev
On 13/03/2018 at 5:44 PM, Volk420 said:

Thank you this should help.

On 14/03/2018 at 2:30 AM, Mondim said:

I also crash when entering vehicles sometimes. I have steam version. I will try that fix tomorrow. Thank you!

Any luck?

• Like 1

Mondim
4 hours ago, Kev said:

Any luck?

I tested it for a little and I haven’t crashed.

• Like 1

Kev
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Mondim said:

I tested it for a little and I haven’t crashed.

That's a good sign, keep me updated with what goes on in the long run.

Edited by Kev
  • Thanks 1

Mondim

I have another bug. Maybe you are familiar with the bug. I am using windows 10 and from time to time the game freezes and even with ctrl + alt + del I can’t close the game, I neee to restart the computer. On windows 7 it worked fine.

• Like 1

Kev
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Mondim said:

I have another bug. Maybe you are familiar with the bug. I am using windows 10 and from time to time the game freezes and even with ctrl + alt + del I can’t close the game, I neee to restart the computer. On windows 7 it worked fine.

1) First things first, locate your Grand Theft Auto San Andreas file and enter it, then you may follow the other steps as the following picture.

EZEMr3i.png

You're gonna have to rename your gta_sa.exe to something else. In this case I chose "blackbird"
2YO7ywz.png

2) Open Command Prompt as administrator from your start menu.
x33690X.png

3) Now that command prompt is open, type the following command into it:

Code:
mklink "Your GTA File Location\gta_sa.exe" "Your GTA File Location\blackbird.exe"

ijCdhKr.png

Note: Whatever you rename your gta_sa.exe to, replace the name "blackbird.exe" to that.

4) Go to your samp.exe properties and make sure the program is run as administrator.

That should fix it, let me know if any other issues arise.

Edited by Kev
  • Thanks 2

Kev

The thread has been UPDATED with a new fix aimed at Windows 10 users.

• Thanks 1

CAvali

Thank you brother I hope that will help some people in here!

• Like 1