• ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
St1ll3r__

[POLL] Screenshots type

[POLL] Screenshots type  

36 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Screenshot type

• Screenshots with my character development ONLY (related with the faction)
    • Screenshots with faction matters and development ONLY
    • Hybrid

St1ll3r__

Hello guys.

I have this doubt and I thought having the community vote on this would be great and would help me and other faction leaders, posting the screenshots the community wants to see and not the screenshots we think are the ones they wanna see.

Thanks a ton! :)

• Like 1

Liquicity

a faction is composed of characters and its purpose is to be a hub of role-play for those characters while the rpers focus on their characters, not on the faction; everybody rps their char, post sses of their development and see where that goes

the reason many factions which kick off with a pre-planned goal of what to be both ic and ooc is why many of them fail

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bash_Barti

What exactly are you even talking about?

• Like 1

St1ll3r__

I'm talking about posting screens related to character or faction development, so imagine I do something that's not related with the faction,  should post it or not. That's basically my concern.

crimeson

yes you post ur daily char development there, not only faction related stuff (ps u dont post /me washes his hands while looking at the mirror)

• Thanks 1

Carmelo

All factions usually have a hybrid.

• Thanks 1

Carmine
7 hours ago, Carmelo said:

All factions usually have a hybrid.

• Thanks 1

Dunwich

Hybrid type SSing would be nice for a faction and for a player. It gives a more in-depth description of the factions and its members. It would show how developed the player's character would be and at the same time it won't give  a one-sided outlook on the factions. It makes the Roleplay thread of a faction look like a drama or a comic strip instead of just somewhere to dump your RP so that you get promoted.

• Thanks 1

Danny

Your thread shouldn't look like a book with a pre-made plot and one narrating it, faction=characters so that's what people post, their IC development within the faction...

• Thanks 1

St1ll3r__

Thanks everyone for sharing your opinion :)

• Like 2

Pelayo
On 3/11/2018 at 7:20 PM, crimeson said:

yes you post ur daily char development there, not only faction related stuff (ps u dont post /me washes his hands while looking at the mirror)

• Like 1

R.Hout

Honestly, it comes down to the faction and the leader(s) himself. I, myself enjoy seeing people's solo roleplay showcased on the thread along with faction related roleplay. A mix is good.

• Like 1

St1ll3r__

Thanks, I'll close the poll, really helpful! 

• Like 1

Highwire

I personally dislike seeing faction threads flooded with pointless solo RP, and there are far more of them than you'd expect. I check them out to see the faction's development, not little Johnny playing basketball by himself, even if you are trying to convey that he's training to be a semi-pro baller. The problem isn't with posting solo development screens, however, it's that very few people are able to make them interesting. Dealing with family issues or situations which are actually unique to your character are usually quite interesting. Skip the whole cliche lying to your mom about studying with your homies to go sell drugs type solo RP, or walking outside and throwing up random gang signs (unless it's simply an introduction to your character/recently initiated) just to have something to post, and look for depth. These are images so your audience is going to need something to take away from them. So yes, I would've voted for hybrid, but it really depends what that solo RP consists of, and HOW it contributes to your development as a whole.

• Thanks 1

Kriff

Whatever screens that are posted, I'd say it displays dedication and commitment to the faction.

• Like 1