News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Blackburn

Economy model

Blackburn
Posted (edited)

Well, as we all known, one of the greatest challenges of roleplay servers is a proper economy model, so I will suggest one, quite simple:

To keep the server from overflooding with money, doing jobs should be limited, for example - one cannot chop more than 15 wood in an 1 hour span, this will make it harder to earn cash and stop money grinding, but it will also force people in to roleplaying for the rest of the time they are unable to work. Car prices and property prices are very low, as for example 1 sultan costs 90.000$ and it isn't that hard to earn that much cash even with the limitations.

Collecting paychecks: 

When we, for example, cut down a tree and log it for 250$ it wouldn't go directly to us, and if we work for an hour the money will stack up and when the payday comes it will be distributed to the city hall budget, where players will have a command /cashin to take their previously earned paycheck in full ammount, in the city hall.

Now, there should be tax on luxury, property and indirect taxation and I will explain this now:

Tax on income:

% of every paycheck goes to taxes

Tax on luxury: 

When a player deposits 200.000 for example on his bank account, there should be a special tax on luxury that will take % of his money every paycheck, on 400.000$ it will take 0.02% for example, because let's face it, there are no taxes now which is unreal, and I understand 99% of you wont like this idea but eventually you will get used to it and acknowledge it is very realistic.

Savings account:

People who wish to avoid the taxation to some extent and double their money will be able to create a savings account which will give them % ammount of interest rate of the cash they have put on the account, but of course, there should be a limitation for how much cash can be deposited there to prevent abuse and people putting millions for high interest rates and grinding money doing nothing.

Property taxation:

Тhis type of taxation would be different from one house to another, depending on the price of the house, % of the house price would go for taxes as now it is very unrealistic and people own large and multiple properties with NO taxes at all. Each business/house would be taxed and with a higher number of properties, the % that's taxed would go higher, with this, people will think double before buying multiple houses and businesses.

Indirect taxation:

Whenever players buy a product from businesses or 24/7s, % of that money should go to the city hall budget.

City hall budget:

All taxes collected would go to the city hall budget and will be directly managed by the Mayor, this will enforce the government roleplay as government would be able to distribute the taxes to housing programs, open municipaly owned businesses etc.

Edited by Blackburn
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

shift

You got my support. Very much like this, adds a layer of realism to the server which would stand out from the rest.

• Thanks 1

Neaksy

I've already suggested most of these (taxes, central bank, city government budget) a few weeks ago. Supporting.

• Thanks 1

Tremendous

Change how the payday works right now, supporting.

Danny

What if a player doesn't have money in his bank account to pay off his house/car/business taxes? they lose them or they go -?

And are taxes collected by paychecks aka every hour? or once a day no matter if the player is online or not.

Blackburn
1 minute ago, Danny said:

What if a player doesn't have money in his bank account to pay off his house/car/business taxes? they lose them or they go -?

And are taxes collected by paychecks aka every hour? or once a day no matter if the player is online or not.

% percent of every paycheck, of course they would go -

• Like 2

Snob

This is so realistic I support it. Added to my suggestions aswell.

Blackburn

Volk420

Yes, vehicle prices need to be fixed and troll vehicles such as coach, and big trucks should be removed or require a special amount of hours to use them. Once we get the official factions and gun packages, rule number 14 should be fixed and not allow the distribution of PF guns! And I think bank should pay you for keeping big amount of money, but not bigger than example 2 millions, then you pay for bank. Also timer before changing jobs should be added, because now people abusing taxi job to move around the server specially to get into lumberjack area. 

Danikus

This sugestion is good.

Instead of farming 24/24 and forget about Roleplaying on this server you should make 1 or 2 job routes and then get a payday at an hour.

This is like IRL.

You get your paycheck in a month.

St1ll3r__

It's great, make it happen!

sick

Yes.

Blackburn