News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
goldencandy610

Add a speed radar system for the SFPD.

goldencandy610
Posted (edited)

So as many LEO's know and some other people, we don't follow speed limits and PD does not have a way to enforce them. What I'm suggesting is that PD should have a radar system that catches plates, speed, vehicle model. This would encourage a more realistic environment and It would give both patrol cars and traffic units an easier time to enforce these speed laws.

Commands can be like: /radar1 (front dashboard) - /radar2 (rear)

Edited by goldencandy610
  • Like 1

Highwire

+1, I also think red light cameras would be good to implement at busy intersections.

Buster

Indeed. Though I'm sure there's also a script like this that can be used via AutoHotkey (if ever it won't get added). I've seen traffic divisions on past servers having these since there isn't a server script for it.

• Like 1

Aero

I'd love it, would bring a lot more enjoyment for the traffic unit for PD! 

• Like 2

Trxps

+1

Trce.xk

All I need is for someone in the community to make a map of all the cameras then ill +1 🤫

iglocky

Or you just go hide in an alleyway and drive behind him and watch your own speed.

If you're going like 40 and you're losing sight, means he's speeding.

Volk420

What If it show the wrong speed and players get busted for driving in normal speed. SF-PD have enough job to do, just usually they don`t care and driving through the fights and crimes, people who walking in public with bats. 

syler

An old server I used to play on allowed officers to do /speedradar or something of the sort and they'd be given a camera, when the camera is aimed outwards a checkpoint is placed a few metres in-front of the officer. When a car drives through the checkpoint (it is invisible to the player but not the officer using the camera) it would then take their speed they were travelling at when they entered the checkpoint and whether or not they were speeding. If they were speeding then it'd also give information such as the vehicle model and POSSIBLY the number-plate, however, this would be dependent on the positioning of the officer and could be classed as "OP".

Blackburn

I agree

• Like 1

Cash_Barti
Posted (edited)

No need for red light cameras. I fw this tho.

Edited by Cash_Barti
  • Like 1

crimeson

dont make it automatically detect the plates since that's bs and too OP for the cops, just make it detect the speed and model (if few cars come at the same time) and let the officers deal with the rest 

Cash_Barti
4 minutes ago, crimeson said:

dont make it automatically detect the plates since that's bs and too OP for the cops, just make it detect the speed and model (if few cars come at the same time) and let the officers deal with the rest 

Right that’s pging basically 

Blackburn

Also, when the dash cam records speeding, make a cmd /writeticket that will take the last scanned speed and put it on a ticket, after that the recorded speed should be reseted, then a cmd /offerticket would be given to the person that has to pay it, if he refuses to pay within X number of days hed go to jail. This system would have to be implemented so cops wouldn't write false tickets without proof

• Like 1

Hayden

You will never get people to follow any sort of speeding limit on SAMP, absolutely never. Enforcing a speed-limit law is just going to increase criminals on the server, because noone is going to stop to receive a ticket for not pressing the 'w' button slow enough, which is going to lead to more obscene jail sentences (that's another issue for a different day, minutes in jail compared to the crime you have committed need fixing, massively.) Which is going to lead to people just /q'ing and creating a new character, or leaving the server. No speed limit should be enforced, you can go whatever speed you wish as long as you aren't drifting around corners and dangerous driving. 

tl:dr - Don't enforce a speedlimit, just enforce reckless driving. 

• Like 2