• Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Mikee

Things that can be improved

Mikee
Posted (edited)

I. DEVELOPMENT TEAM

The developer is the one who takes an active part in the development and provides for the creation of something that will be made available to the community. Currently, the only developers recognized by the community on the forum are:

• Game Developers
  • Web Developers

What I propose, is simply the inclusion of a team called "3rd Party Developers" which should include:

• Mappers (or Map Developers)
  • Modders (or Mod Developers)
  • Game Designers

We know all the roles above, except for the Game Designer. What will be the task of a game designer? The work of the Game Designer is strictly related to the work of the Game Developers. A Game Designer will have to propose/develop/modify the current graphics of the gamemode (example: syntax messages, textdraws, 3dGameTexts and so on..). The role of the Game Designer is indispensable when there are more developers working on a GameMode and consequently, the gamemode could turn out to be a mixture of disordered colors and graphics.

II. COMMUNICATION WITH THE COMMUNITY

Communication between staff and community is essential. There should be a CONTINUOUS communication, week by week, in which the staff releases an official statement with various statistics and useful information.  Click (here) for more information.

III. MANTIS BUG TRACKER

What's that? Mantis Bug Tracker is an open source issue tracker that provides a delicate balance between simplicity and power. Users are able to get started in minutes and start managing their projects while collaborating with their teammates and clients effectively.

With this tool, you will be able to:

• Create projects (BA-RP);
  • Create dedicated to the development and insert the respective moderators;
  • Create groups (example: Head of Game Developent > Will manage the Game Development -- Game Developer > Will moderate the Game Development section -- User (default) can report bugs. Each bug will have its own numerical code and will be searchable by title or code by means of the search system ( Example: #0000001 )
  • You can make the bugs invisible for the user group. This will prevent bug-abusing.
  • and much more that will help a lot with the development ...
  • You can try Mantis Bug Tracker (demo) clicking here!

Edited by Mikee

Mikee
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Labyrinth said:

I think Trello is a better alternative than Mantis Bug Tracker in my opinion.

Here's my trello page, look how neat it looks. 

https://trello.com/b/5jbprLQY/fallout-montana

I know trello and I used it for a long time. After years of experience I can confirm that for bug management, Mantis Bug Tracker is the best solution.

Edited by Mikee