• ba-rp.net:7777
Bash_Barti

Remove the hearse, sandking & tractor

Remove these vehicles  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Remove the vehicles

Bash_Barti
Posted (edited)

I have no idea why these vehicles is even allowed. It just lowers the quality of roleplay on the server. Please remove it. Does this look like something your average civilian would be driving in real life? I'm all for a balance of realism and fun, but this is just goofy. Or at the least, up the prices of these vehicles. For some odd reason, these goofy vehicles are the cheapest.

.latest?cb=20090807155710

latest?cb=20091209130220

latest?cb=20091025104125

Edited by Bash_Barti
  • Like 1

Hayden

Yeah, a vehicle is the reason why roleplay is fucked on BARP.

• Thanks 1

Anomaly

I don't know why some people say that the quality of roleplay is fucked on the server. I can say that the roleplayers I RP with are really good. I agree that the Sandking is a bit unrealistic to drive around the city, this type of vehicle should be used for some off-road competitions.

Bash_Barti
2 minutes ago, Hayden said:

Yeah, a vehicle is the reason why roleplay is fucked on BARP.

Its not.

...But at the same time, it's the little things that count the most. When new players join the server and see such goofy vehicles, they'll assume the server is Light RP (which it's not) and treat the server like it's an RPG.

Hayden
Just now, Bash_Barti said:

Its not.

...But at the same time, it's the little things that count the most. When new players join the server and see such goofy vehicles, they'll assume the server is Light RP (which it's not) and treat the server like it's an RPG.

Yes, it is light RP. The only RP I've encountered this far is shithead gangbangers with pistols looking for the slightest reason to kill people, robo-cops pulling people over for the slightest infraction 'cause there is noone on the server and they want to do something. Secondly, there are far worse vehicles in this game than a SANDKING, which I've only seen one on the server so far. Coaches, golfcarts, tractors, funeral cars. 

Removal of a vehicle is not going to bring new players in.

• Like 2

Bash_Barti
2 minutes ago, papanomaly said:

Sandking is a bit unrealistic to drive around the city, this type of vehicle should be used for some off-road competitions.

People won't use it to do off-road competitions as much as they drive around the city with it. Look at what happened with the Rule 14 situation, as soon as PFs were in place, people abused them.

...So if rules are in place for the sandking, people will abuse it anyways. Better to remove the thing as a whole.

Bash_Barti
1 minute ago, Hayden said:

Yes, it is light RP. The only RP I've encountered this far is shithead gangbangers with pistols looking for the slightest reason to kill people, robo-cops pulling people over for the slightest infraction 'cause there is noone on the server and they want to do something. Secondly, there are far worse vehicles in this game than a SANDKING, which I've only seen one on the server so far. Coaches, golfcarts, tractors, funeral cars. 

You're right, and that is why I'll be changing this topic to remove those vehicles as well.

kolesnikov

I don't see the point of this. Maybe for the Sandking, but leave alone the others. 

I don't even have to explain what we can do with the funeral car, and the other one, the same.

What if someone opens a redneck faction? Maybe they need a tractor like that, even the funeral car. 

• Sad 1

Bash_Barti
10 minutes ago, kolesnikov said:

I don't see the point of this. Maybe for the Sandking, but leave alone the others. 

I don't even have to explain what we can do with the funeral car, and the other one, the same.

What if someone opens a redneck faction? Maybe they need a tractor like that, even the funeral car. 

Racist "redneck" factions aren't allowed to begin with. Who the hell drives around with a tractor or a funeral hearse anyways?

kolesnikov
Just now, Bash_Barti said:

Racist "redneck" factions aren't allowed to begin with. Who the hell drives around with a tractor or a funeral hearse anyways?

Is this even a thing?

It's the same shit as the white supremacists, lol.

Bash_Barti
2 minutes ago, kolesnikov said:

Is this even a thing?

It's the same shit as the white supremacists, lol.

At least that's what DamianC said allegedly. Still, no one drives a hearse around casually. The prices should be upped on the vehicles at the least.

trill.

Please don't remove the tractor it's my favorite car!

• Haha 1

Bishop
6 hours ago, Hayden said:

Removal of the vehicles will barely make a different, yes. It's the players who troll and they choose these vehicles to assist them on their trolling adventure. I'd still support on removing them though.

There is heavy roleplay going on. You just have to find the right people, the gang I roleplay with so far are actually good at roleplaying. I decided to join them when I knew none of them OOCly. I hope you find some good roleplayers to be around.

Highwire

I think it's fine to leave them. They don't give any advantages and can be used by people to create roleplay, such as offering funeral services, or roleplaying a farmer. I think the alternative vehicles such as these should be moved to a different location and have the price raised a lot to reduce abuse.

• Like 1

Clout
Posted (edited)

I support this. I find it really dumb to see people use a Romero (hearse) as their every day vehicle.

Edited by Clout
  • Like 1