News Ticker
  • Developer applications are still open
  • Helper applications are still open
  • ba-rp.net:7777
Sign in to follow this  
Mikee

Weekly Update

Mikee

A Weekly Update is a tool that can be used by administrators to communicate a large amount of news:

What kind of news can a Weekly Update contain?:

• Rules and Regulations changes;
  • Any changes to the staff roster;
  • And a developer diary could also be reported (in which the developers will communicate to the community what they are willing to develop in the coming week).

EXAMPLE

__________________________________________________________________________________

1aba948689c0f4fc5392d8b1877ff1e0.png

RULES AND REGULATIONS CHANGES (LINK TO THE RULES):

• Removed Rule N°14;
  • Change made to the Rule N°03;
    "Here goes a short description of the change applied to the rule = Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."
  • Added the Rule N°15;

STAFF CHANGES (LINK TO THE STAFF ROSTER):

• [07/MAR/2018] us.png&key=2dc99de92fb7ad56cf5bea41edec5 Nickname has been inducted as Trial Administrator;
  • [08/MAR/2018] us.png&key=2dc99de92fb7ad56cf5bea41edec5 Nickname  has been reassigned  to the position of Helper;
  • [09/MAR/2018] us.png&key=2dc99de92fb7ad56cf5bea41edec5 Nickname2 has been inducted as Helper;
  • [10/MAR/2018] us.png&key=2dc99de92fb7ad56cf5bea41edec5 Nickname3 resigned.
  • [11/MAR/2018] us.png&key=2dc99de92fb7ad56cf5bea41edec5 Nickname4 has been promoted to the position of Trial Administrator.

( Or simply, if there are many new helpers: )

NEW HELPERS (LINK TO THE STAFF ROSTER):

• [07/MAR/2018] us.png&key=2dc99de92fb7ad56cf5bea41edec5 Nickname has been inducted as Helper;
  • [07/MAR/2018] us.png&key=2dc99de92fb7ad56cf5bea41edec5 Nickname has been inducted as Helper;

DEVELOPER'S DIARY [NAME OF THE DEVELOPER(s)]:

• Name of the main script they are going to develop during the coming week;
  • Short description;
  • Partecipants and Roles.
  • Like 4

Thuggy

I like it a lot. A way for the administrative team to communicate with the players. It would also help keep everyone in the loop.

• Thanks 1

Blackburn

This is great

• Like 1

HappyToker

I suggest that management takes a look at this, looks well good

• Like 1

Boss

I also agree with this. Many times information is all over the place and is not convenient. Weekly updates would be nice to have in one topic to check by, however for the future I recommend for this to be monthly. As the server slowly gets mature, weekly changes will not be so often.

• Like 3

Mikee
On 7/3/2018 at 11:41 PM, Thuggy said:

I like it a lot. A way for the administrative team to communicate with the players. It would also help keep everyone in the loop.

On 7/3/2018 at 11:48 PM, Blackburn said:

This is great

On 7/3/2018 at 11:52 PM, Cowboy McCormick said:

I suggest that management takes a look at this, looks well good

Thank you brothers.

On 8/3/2018 at 1:16 AM, Boss said:

I also agree with this. Many times information is all over the place and is not convenient. Weekly updates would be nice to have in one topic to check by, however for the future I recommend for this to be monthly. As the server slowly gets mature, weekly changes will not be so often.

I agree with you.

Giga

I would do this, but I am occupied with a few things at the moment.

• Thanks 1

Mikee
3 hours ago, Giga said:

I would do this, but I am occupied with a few things at the moment.

Thanks Giga. If you want, I can create it each week and I can send it to you via PM, no problem. I just need the developer's diary.

Trumavarium

Weekly might be too often though. But some kind of periodic updating is needed.

• Like 1

Highwire

Great idea, but I don't think there will be enough relevant updates every single week worth making a thread about. Either make the updates bi-weekly or monthly, OR include more than just an update. Maybe some highlights from the passed week? Include helper recognitions or other outstanding achievements, fails, funny news/gossip, something to make it interesting during the weeks that we lack noteworthy updates.

• Like 2

Gizzmo

Nice idea

Trumavarium

Might as well want to update the website too (not the forums only). Especially now though, since the website is the portal to the server and the forums for newcomers, they should be displayed with the most recent news there firstly. I mean, if you read the website now, it never mentions the server being down anywhere — which is quite misleading.

Guest kane

Weekly is a no. Monthly, sure. 

Buster

I don't think weekly will work. I just don't know if there will be enough updates to do a weekly one. As what's said above, monthly it is. This would be neat and convenient if we were to do it.

Guest kane

Weekly updates won't be happening. And there really isn't alot that happens in a week that's worth updating the entire community on.

Monthly updates is a yes. We'll discuss that in the staff team. 

Sign in to follow this